Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetestament
Stranger
Re: transferring mycelium from a healthy jar?
    #289187 - 04/09/01 05:56 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks for the reply. I was begining to fell like the guy with the booger on the end of his nose that nobody would tell him about. I dont have HEPA filters. So I will probably try it in a glove box. Do you know of anybody who has tried the peroxide method for psilocybes?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegreymule
enthusiast
Loc: Colorado
Re: transferring mycelium from a healthy jar? [Re: testament]
    #289604 - 04/10/01 07:24 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Actually it was a piece of brocolli in your teeth. ;-)

Know nothing about peroxide. Good luck and Happy Tuesday!

--------------------
Them not busy bein' born are busy dyin'.

Offlinegreymule
enthusiast
    #289605 - 04/10/01 07:29 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

PS- My friend often makes up a bunch of petri dishes, not that hard, and then puts spores in several. You could do the same with the colonized grain bits and nuture several dishes. When they're covered, cut them up sterile technique, and place a bunch in each jar. Talk about fast colonization!! Plus if you lose one or two, no big deal. Place a small piece in several more petri dishes, and you're on your way 'til the mycellium gets tired (after many more petri dishes). Cheap HEPA was the best $40 my friend ever spent. Keeps in running in the closet during colonization also.

--------------------

Offlinetestament
Stranger
Re: transferring mycelium from a healthy jar? [Re: greymule]
    #289974 - 04/10/01 06:31 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks. I'm not too clear on the agar and petri dish deal. Actually I have no idea how to make or aquire agar. Thanks for the tip on the broccoli in my teeth.

InvisibleCrasher
αἱρετίζω
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Tardy to the Party
    #289997 - 04/10/01 06:45 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

I don't do this (yet) but agar is very simple to aquire. Go to the nearest supermarket and it should be near the baking crap. Its basically flavorless jello...OOO! experiment. Someone take some orange jello, then run your spores on that!! what will happen??? as for the jars, just use something shallow and sterile that has a cover. Like those new cheap tupperware containers. The ones that you can throw away, and are still diswasher safe and nukeable (microwavable)...damn...I'm ranting....I really want to see if the mycelium or shrooms would be orange.
How about injecting food coloring into PF cakes??

Perception is reality. Perception is also a function of the mind, which is intangible. so maybe I AM a mushroom!
never do business with Jamisoninc.com, He rips you off and then calls you a liar.

--------------------
Give me silence, water, hope;
Give me struggle, iron, volcanoes...

Offlinegreymule
enthusiast
    #290428 - 04/11/01 06:53 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

You can get malt agar mix from fungi perfecti that has a bit of antibiotic in it that is easy to mix up. My friend also bought pre-sterilized petri dishes pretty cheap. It's really easy and then you can have some insurance from disasters with more mycellium already growing. Plus you can see better if something's going wrong by watching the mycellium chunk. Just my friend's opinion. Stamet's book Growing Gourmet and Medicinals makes it easy. Here's a snippet about agar- copied without permission

--------------------

Offlinegreymule
enthusiast
    #290430 - 04/11/01 06:57 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Second part re agar. My friend uses the MYA supplemented with dog food and spirulina (a seaweed protein derative available at healthfood stores)

--------------------

Offlinetestament
Stranger
Re: transferring mycelium from a healthy jar? [Re: greymule]
    #290752 - 04/11/01 03:44 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

thanks for tips (greymule & firewolf127). I will try the agar this week. Its been a few days since i posted the original and now it looks like i have 5 good jars. If they turn out well I'll send you a print if you want.

Offlinegreymule
enthusiast
    #290825 - 04/11/01 04:36 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

No need bro. Just tryin' to spread the help.

Get behind the Mule every morning and plow!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag