Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Is DMT easy to find in Australia to purchase?
    #28900669 -

Is DMT easy to find in Australia?
It's definitely something id like to try.

Not keen on extraction as I don't trust myself very much with my outdated chem knowledge

Also can't risk getting caught buying the substrate etc online, coz nurse here gotta work to eat lol
And I'll be damned if Ahpra judges me for my psychedelic use lol

Thank you!


--------------------

Edited by ellamush (08/05/24 06:13 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is DMT easy to find in Australia to purchase? [Re: ellamush]
    #28901413 -

All I know is years ago the MHRB dealers would not ship to Australia, apparently you have elite customs enforcement. Aussies had to resort to extracting from local acacias. Not sure about currently but I think it's likely still one of the harder places to get the good plants, so probably not much production happening there. Maybe people smuggle dmt in. But you have local plant options so in that sense you're guaranteed success depending on the effort put in. Plant extractions are easy, it's not complicated chemical synthesis. If you've made coffee, you've done a plant extraction. As far as chemistry you don't need to know much more than the concept of acids/bases, ph, and polar/non-polar solvents. You can sufficiently brush up on all that in an afternoon.

Edited by Icon (08/05/24 06:43 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is DMT easy to find in Australia to purchase? [Re: Icon] * 1
    #28901452 -

There's DMTrees absolutely everywhere in Australia. Even our national floral emblem is from a DMT containing tree. It's easy to get alkaloid rich plant matter, some of it extremely alkaloid rich, especially if you live near trees.

But, it's not popular. Finding ready extracted DMT is unlikely unless you are on the dark net or know someone who is into it.


--------------------
We are the music makers, the dreamers of dreams.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is DMT easy to find in Australia to purchase? [Re: Northerner]
    #28901752 -

Thank you both, I'll take a look into the plant


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is DMT easy to find in Australia to purchase? [Re: ellamush]
    #28901867 -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acacia_maidenii



Hopefully you live on the east coast.

That's just one species though, there's a lot
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Acacia_species_known_to_contain_psychoactive_alkaloids

I will say that going out and collecting your own plant material sounds like a lot of work. Some plants have it in their leaves for example, which sounds easy, until you realize the weight of a dry leaf means you need a whole garbage can full of them to be worth the time. Bark might be a better choice, but I guess make sure to figure out whether you need stem/trunk bark or root bark, and which parts qualify as bark or inner bark or tissue. Do what you gotta do, but damn you'll be a super badass if you source the plant all on your own, extract it on your own, it'll reward you.

Edited by Icon (08/06/24 09:11 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is DMT easy to find in Australia to purchase? [Re: Icon]
    #28902164 -

When harvesting from nature it's best to respect it. There's no need to take trunk bark and kill trees. There's no need to take a crapload of material either. Cleanly cutting a branch that you can easily carry is enough. All the bark, twigs and phyllodes contain alkaloids. The tree will grow more branches.

There's people who cultivate Acuminata (tree gold) and they sell the bark and phyllodes online. It's easy enough to find if you ask the right question. Some others have cultivated confusa, for those who can't see past the paradigm of teks created by people in the northern hemisphere.

I got into this stuff pretty heavily so planted my own DMTrees. Now there's more that I could ever use on my property and I don't have to harm natives anymore. I've seen it quite a few times where other people have done the same thing and end up selling whole trees for pretty much nothing because they planted waaaay too many and just please take it away. Lol.

The one thing you will rarely find is mimosa confusa. I grew it just to see why. It's a horrible, weedy, spiky tree and I ripped it out. Some things just don't belong.


--------------------
We are the music makers, the dreamers of dreams.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is DMT easy to find in Australia to purchase? [Re: Northerner]
    #28902233 -

Oh good advice, yeah I'm not in a rush so I might just aim to have a go in the next couple of years.

I'll keep ya posted!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is DMT easy to find in Australia to purchase? [Re: ellamush]
    #28902327 -

If you're planning years to reach this goal plant your own trees. You can have harvestable material in 2 years and my more than you could ever use in 5. You don't even have to plant on your own land if you're not an owner, just put them in the bush. :awesome:


--------------------
We are the music makers, the dreamers of dreams.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is DMT easy to find in Australia to purchase? [Re: Northerner]
    #28902456 -

Oh I was about to say, I live in a sharehouse and they already put up with my constant dehydrating of mushrooms (although their reward for putting up is endless free mushrooms lol, which they gladly take)

I might try planting in the bush but isn't that a bit reckless towards other natives?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is DMT easy to find in Australia to purchase? [Re: ellamush]
    #28902473 -

You're planting native species I think you're good.  :grin:  Its not like you're going out there and planting rainbow gum or something crazy.

IIRC you're quite south, acuminata would probably grow there. I'd be so jealous, too humid and wet up here.


--------------------
We are the music makers, the dreamers of dreams.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is DMT easy to find in Australia to purchase? [Re: Northerner]
    #28904849 -

Hey, so these grow everywhere around me.

Are these the trees I'm looking for? Acacia?



--------------------

Edited by ellamush (08/08/24 06:35 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is DMT easy to find in Australia to purchase? [Re: ellamush]
    #28904864 -

Hi again, sorry I realise there's heaps of different Acacia. I'll do some self research to try and ID the ones near me

I really don't want to destroy the trees in any way.

There's lots of fallen branches. If these are the types of Acacia I'm looking for, can I use the dropped limbs? I'm also keen on using the leaves as they are more renewable surely lol.

How much do I need to be getting for a proper dose?

And can I pick it over a while and store at home til I'm ready to extract? As in, does it matter heaps if the matter rots slightly?

Thank you!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is DMT easy to find in Australia to purchase? [Re: ellamush]
    #28904866 -

Also, given the ingredients used in the extraction, is there a large risk for poisoning myself if I stuff the extraction up? If there is, I'm just gonna stick with my mushrooms

Thank you!!

(I did look into the Shroomery forums but couldn't find any answers)


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is DMT easy to find in Australia to purchase? [Re: ellamush]
    #28905065 -

had barn loft full of  Bufo alvarius toads for awhile probably got idk 80+ grams dmt from them every year or so.

had anywhere from 800-1100 toads at a time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is DMT easy to find in Australia to purchase? [Re: ellamush]
    #28905076 -

was fetching about 800 a gram in Australia at the time I'd assume 1 can get a gram for 100-250 in U.S now good pure stuff... If your craps not pure don't come at me saying you can get a gram for 70-120 maybe a bad extraction that's tainted

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is DMT easy to find in Australia to purchase? [Re: BillyM2K]
    #28905080 -

Oh holy crap, there's no way in hell I'd be spending that much! (I'm sure that's reasonable price so not having a go, just whoa I don't have that kind of $)

Thanks for the info


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is DMT easy to find in Australia to purchase? [Re: ellamush]
    #28905100 -

Scarce over there on a small level atleast when I was there 2009-2015 had them around when Owsley got into his car accident rip

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is DMT easy to find in Australia to purchase? [Re: ellamush] * 1
    #28905202 -

ellamush said:
Also, given the ingredients used in the extraction, is there a large risk for poisoning myself if I stuff the extraction up? If there is, I'm just gonna stick with my mushrooms

Thank you!!

(I did look into the Shroomery forums but couldn't find any answers)



Lye is very caustic so you don't want to get it on your skin or in your eyes, but it's pretty safe if you use gloves n safety squints.
https://prochemicalanddye.net/downloads/dl/file/id/24/product/0/lye_sds.pdf

You don't have to use lye though, I recommend the teks that replace it with calcium hydroxide, which is food safe.

The only other concern is naphtha. During the extraction you want to avoid breathing the fumes. It's not going to kill you but it can make you feel a little sick acutely or prolonged exposure is supposed to be cancerous.
https://www.nj.gov/health/eoh/rtkweb/documents/fs/0206.pdf

There's a chance that you could have lye and or naphtha in the end product if you aren't careful with separating the naphtha from the lye soup, or if you don't dry the crystals long enough. Lye is avoidable, just don't use it. Naphtha, in the worst case scenario, is just lighter fluid. So when you smoke the dmt, if there's any naphtha residue in it, the crystals could start flaming. It's bad for the dmt, but your health is fine because naphtha combusts into water and co2.

But there's even teks that replace naphtha with food safe d-limonene, if you want extra precaution.
https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Q21Q21%27s_Vinegar/Lime_A/B_Extraction_Tek
I use Tek 2 on this page, but the first half is dedicated to the 100% food safe option.


You'll have to do research on your local plants though. There's a DMT plant here called phalaris that people were pursuing for DMT production, but it also produces gramine which is toxic and extracts with the DMT. Not sure if anyone figured out how to safely separate those or if everyone just abandoned that plant.

Edited by Icon (08/09/24 05:39 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is DMT easy to find in Australia to purchase? [Re: ellamush]
    #28905217 -

I’d recommend growing some yourself too as northerner said. Sounds like the best plan to me. If I were you I’d plant some and while they were growing I’d research species of acacia that I could ID. I can appreciate this is very hard because there’s so many species of acacia that contain DMT though. I have to say, I’d be impressed if you managed this. Don’t let it deter you, in fact let that give you more drive aha. Good luck, I hope you succeed in some way :thumbup:


--------------------
“Everything has a life, it has its own life and is simply beautiful. Life now feels like a journey taking us into something so much bigger than ourselves. I’m in love with the world and its contents, I finally understand all of the people who love this and live for this. It’s so much more than just hallucinations for me, it’s an emotional and psychological journey. This is truly the most beautiful experience I’ve ever had.”

- Mr. TW, 28th of September, 2023


“You were born inside of a raindrop,
and I watched you fallin’, to your death,
and the sun, well she could not save you,
she’d fallen down too, now the streets are wet”

- Conor Oberst

Edited by Mr. Toxic Waste (08/09/24 07:08 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is DMT easy to find in Australia to purchase? [Re: ellamush]
    #28905626 -

ellamush said:
Hey, so these grow everywhere around me.

Are these the trees I'm looking for? Acacia?





Yea, you're on the right track for sure. Looks like Acacia baileyana to me based on your picture.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acacia_baileyana

Quote from the list link I posted earlier
Quote:
0.02% alkaloids in spring (80% tetrahydroharman, 20% tryptamine), 0.028% autumn (tryptamine) and none in summer, with leaves of Californian plants;[18] traces of DMT and unidentified indoles tentatively detected in seeds[9]



50mg / 0.02% = 250g of dried leaves for one dose. Well, times 5 since tryptamine is only 20% of the alkaloids, and it doesn't actually say dimethyltryptamine.

Tetrahydroharman is excellent stuff though, that's an ingredient for ayahuasca. There's other plants like caapi and rue that I think are legal to import to Australia tho, and they have much higher % of harmalas.

Quote:
Legal Status in Australia
Harmala alkaloids are considered Schedule 9 prohibited substances under the Poisons Standard (October 2015).



Geez, they don't let ya have any fun I guess.

Edited by Icon (08/09/24 05:32 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* DMT soaked leaves ninjapixie 928 0 05/06/05 08:38 PM
by ninjapixie
* smoked dmt first experience: where's the elves and aliens?
( 1 2 all )
lonebuddha 14,975 27 01/23/05 06:26 AM
by TheAnimal
* DMT extraction
( 1 2 all )
incubaby_421 11,114 28 12/31/05 09:48 AM
by marsofold
* Is DMT worth it?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
MovingTarget 9,513 67 05/24/06 05:58 PM
by schmutzen
* Is DMT worth it?
( 1 2 3 4 ... 35 36 )
Mr. Toxic Waste 9,874 705 04/02/26 02:21 PM
by wolf8312
* DMT? what does it do and where is it found? Muppetz 2,506 12 09/10/05 05:08 PM
by gnrm23
* DMT, anyone? insano 2,341 6 03/01/04 09:40 PM
by John
* Oral DMT (with Moclobemide) - first time - The Realm of Shamans
( 1 2 all )
bluedolphin 12,937 22 06/26/19 01:25 PM
by ohfunkya

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, Asante, Rose, mushboy, LogicaL Chaos, Northerner, bodhisatta
373 topic views. 1 members, 15 guests and 50 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.04 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 16 queries.