Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
how easy is it to get addicted to acid?
    #28893657 -

how easy is it to gain a addiction to acid after using it alot?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: how easy is it to get addicted to acid? [Re: spaceout] * 1
    #28893695 -

what is a lot?
by what description of addiction?

there is no known physical dependency.

however, one can become enamored with its effects.
One can become very protective of their beloved stash.

this is more like an obsessive love story than addiction.

you may not recognize yourself there for a few years

----------------------------------------------------

then again, people do become a bit obsessive about their hobbies, and make space in their lives for the pursuits of those activities.

this is more like what I think I have with lsd, a hobby, and kind of love.

however it does not detract from other loves, of people and art making etc.

----------------------------------------------------

I don't think you can become addicted to lsd, but it can be abused to the point that you no longer appreciate its effects.

if you are taking 10 strips and hardly feeling it then that is an abusive situation.


--------------------
:brainfart: _ :finger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: how easy is it to get addicted to acid? [Re: spaceout]
    #28893931 -

Asking great question because a lot of people think you can't become addicted to the lifestyle of taking LSD

LSD by itself is just chasing a dragon that's puff and smoke, trying to chase that initial trip is just a fleeting moment and it's imperative that you realize that integrating these awesome moments are good and I'm not one to judge, I'm the first one to take 3 tabs and just get lost in the moment

It's pretty much self-regulating, but I think when you're younger it's easy to go overboard with it, but like RGV said, if you are taking a 10 strip on the regular or even anything remotely close, it's probably not healthy but the fact you're asking this question in the first place puts you miles ahead of my perspective when I was young lad


--------------------
Lead by example, words mean little when your actions don't reflect what you say.

Spread kindness, love, empathy, compassion.

Learn from mistakes. Try and do better. Each day is a new day, try to make it a better one.

Coconut and Avocado is awesome for the skin.

MIND OVER MATTER

:mushroom2::lsd:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: how easy is it to get addicted to acid? [Re: TrancedOutBrah]
    #28893940 -

I thought you were young


--------------------
:brainfart: _ :finger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: how easy is it to get addicted to acid? [Re: redgreenvines] * 2
    #28893971 -

I was a young lad

I still am young, but I was also one, too.

I first dosed when I was 17 and it changed my life forever. in my 30s now


--------------------
Lead by example, words mean little when your actions don't reflect what you say.

Spread kindness, love, empathy, compassion.

Learn from mistakes. Try and do better. Each day is a new day, try to make it a better one.

Coconut and Avocado is awesome for the skin.

MIND OVER MATTER

:mushroom2::lsd:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: how easy is it to get addicted to acid? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #28893983 -

Physically or physiologically addicted? Impossible.

Strong compulsion to constantly dose all the time? Very unlikely.

The vast majority of people who have taken LSD have just a few experiences under their belt, and whatever memories attached to them, and that's pretty much it.

Some people go through phases where they have access to a bunch and live a lifestyle where they trip as much as possible. If it's just acid they're doing, then it ends up being somewhat regulated by the tolerance spikes, and then eventually they sort of lose interest and/or have some shitty experiences that cause them to lose interest.

People who can't let go of the tripping-all-the-time lifestyle are typically suffering from some sort of compulsion or mental illness. People who get into the try-every-substance-and-stay-high-all-the-time mindset will have acid in their toolbox, but it's usually something else they end up going completely off the rails with.

A small minority may try LSD and have it trigger latent schizophrenia or other mental issues. This is, realistically, the "scariest" thing to contemplate. But ultimately, the mechanism is likely the same as any other "traumatic" event, from a neurological perspective.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: how easy is it to get addicted to acid? [Re: B Traven]
    #28894007 -

Cool were similar then trancedout.

I met 2 people who claimed to have developed a weekend "addiction" for several years where the whole week they would be eager to dose to somehow escape the sad ordinary world and get back to wonderland. An anti drug propaganda clichΓ© from back in the day but it can be true in a way too...

Weekly mdma use is still way worse in the long run


--------------------
i :heartpump: shroomery

https://soundcloud.com/cyberhops

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: how easy is it to get addicted to acid? [Re: epilectric]
    #28894014 -

Oh yeah don't get me wrong, I'm a full blown addict to LSD

I await my 2 week fix like a crack addict, it's just my crack habit leads to more giggles and good times for everyone involved instead of me being a meaniebuttjr, which I can be (as I'm sure some of y'all have read my nonsense), inadvertently due to my chronic depression/anxiety that sometimes comes out in a way negatively that I'm trying my best to be a nice dude and not trancemeaniebuttjr

I also take regular breaks though and have learned my limits psychologically. I do have a breaking point though, I have severe violent trauma and I can instantly be put in flight or fight response unfortunately at a moments notice


--------------------
Lead by example, words mean little when your actions don't reflect what you say.

Spread kindness, love, empathy, compassion.

Learn from mistakes. Try and do better. Each day is a new day, try to make it a better one.

Coconut and Avocado is awesome for the skin.

MIND OVER MATTER

:mushroom2::lsd:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: how easy is it to get addicted to acid? [Re: TrancedOutBrah] * 4
    #28894200 -

delayed gratification is not addict behavior in my opinion.


--------------------
:brainfart: _ :finger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: how easy is it to get addicted to acid? [Re: redgreenvines] * 1
    #28894330 -

I’ve met one person recently who was taking upwards of five drops of good, strong acid every day for weeks on end. He was also drinking most days and smoking weed constantly.

I think he’s had a bit of a break from the acid since then because he had to go back to work, but pretty sure he’s still getting stuck into it.

Pretty sure he got to the point where he needed to take it to feel normal… I know they say it doesn’t create physical dependence, but if you do it like that then it does throw your body out of whack and you need time to go back to normal once you stop taking it.

I think this person was more addicted to escaping reality than to LSD.


--------------------
"God is an intelligible sphere, whose center is everywhere and whose circumference is nowhere."

Llamando la Mareacion

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: how easy is it to get addicted to acid? [Re: Bardy]
    #28894411 -

it can be abused you can become too sensitive it is to be avoided
it only happens if you Are not moderate
if you Are not moderate it is likely to happen i think
we dont want to lose our minds
literally to an extent
That way not moderate is like violence
detraction
it hurts ouch
it is like too hot water

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: how easy is it to get addicted to acid? [Re: Ferdinando]
    #28894413 -

it is maybe better to grow mushrooms because it is almost free and you can share with friends
it gives such a big yield that i love it a lot
monotub


--------------------
Make love not war
And art
Save the planet
Fix the earth

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: how easy is it to get addicted to acid? [Re: Ferdinando]
    #28895130 -

Mushrooms are the gift that keeps on giving :yesnod:


--------------------
Lead by example, words mean little when your actions don't reflect what you say.

Spread kindness, love, empathy, compassion.

Learn from mistakes. Try and do better. Each day is a new day, try to make it a better one.

Coconut and Avocado is awesome for the skin.

MIND OVER MATTER

:mushroom2::lsd:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: how easy is it to get addicted to acid? [Re: TrancedOutBrah]
    #28895134 -

yeah i might do a 3 gram trip on shrooms someday when i feel  better about it


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: how easy is it to get addicted to acid? [Re: spaceout] * 1
    #28897289 -

Compared to shrooms/cactus, LSD is definitely more addictive (still not as addictive as even caffeine). With shrooms I would trip to stay functional, and not really have in my mind that I want 'the trip' so much as the after effects, but LSD is just straight up fun most times, especially if you stick to lower doses acid can be just a stimulant with a "psychedelic edge".

In terms of real world usage with no limitations on dosage, I would take shrooms at least once month and cactus about the same, but I have been struggling to not take acid every 7-10 days(basically the soonest I'd expect to feel some decent effects from the tolerance) since coming into a quarter sheet earlier in the year.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: how easy is it to get addicted to acid? [Re: Tora]
    #28897301 -

I got some new acid, and have been testing micro and mini doses, and sometimes not skipping days so I am already into tolerance and cannot test properly. skipped yesterday, and will skip today but might have a shroom tea, as the receptor profile is different enough.


--------------------
:brainfart: _ :finger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: how easy is it to get addicted to acid? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #28897332 -

yay
sustainability
extra positive and awesome
i want mescaline to be legal where you are
it is maybe the most awesome psychedelic
And cleanest
it is like pure joy
Also visually


--------------------
Make love not war
And art
Save the planet
Fix the earth

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: how easy is it to get addicted to acid? [Re: Ferdinando]
    #28897336 -

sure it is, hahaha.


--------------------
:brainfart: _ :finger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: how easy is it to get addicted to acid? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #28897350 -

Did you notice qualitative differences between the acids?


--------------------
i :heartpump: shroomery

https://soundcloud.com/cyberhops

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: how easy is it to get addicted to acid? [Re: epilectric]
    #28897410 -

hard to say,  of 3 different tabs, from 2 "*legal*" web vendors in canada, each rated at 200ug, I have taken cut samples that should be 20ug (my preferred minidose).
the first hit like crazy (estimate feeling of 50 ug from 1/9th of the tiny tab, making the first tabs seem much stronger than 200ug) and that lead to immediate more ordering from same vendor but I received different tabs instead so I tried another vendor.
all three had same taste, exciting but not like an rc - only the first was over the top strong.

anyway, I am giving it a break and drinking some shroom tea today and it is hitting strong and fast.

:smile:


--------------------
:brainfart: _ :finger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Wooo! Finally found Acid!
( 1 2 all )
AVShroomer 3,852 26 10/19/05 09:35 PM
by johnjohnandjamal
* First Acid Trip Addict 5,553 7 09/04/02 11:48 AM
by mickey_rourke
* Is DMT easy to find in Australia to purchase?
( 1 2 all )
ellamush 373 20 08/10/24 06:35 PM
by Northerner
* acid visuals [smile]
( 1 2 all )
HB 8,558 22 09/24/01 09:32 PM
by Anonymous
* Secrets Of An Acid Head - An Essay Jackal 6,959 13 07/30/13 04:56 AM
by Ghostofbillhicks
* 10 hours, 5 hits of acid, Cross texas trip trip.
( 1 2 all )
Evangeliontx 7,645 23 04/22/11 11:03 PM
by occollegeboi
* acid still around
( 1 2 all )
kontron 3,733 31 09/07/04 11:18 AM
by ChiefThunderbong
* Are you addicted??
( 1 2 all )
Hashbury 6,243 38 02/28/03 09:41 AM
by CrayzzieShroomz

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, Asante, Rose, mushboy, LogicaL Chaos, Northerner, bodhisatta
511 topic views. 2 members, 48 guests and 109 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.012 seconds on 18 queries.