Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleGnuBobo
Frilly Cuffs Extraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Charisma
Bluing--general Q.
    #2886531 - 07/13/04 02:51 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

When you pick a mushroom and it bruises or turns blue, this is supposed to indicate the presence of psilocin?  Is this correct?  Where did this fact come from?  Just looking for the rationale behind this/method by which the psilocin causes discoloration.  Can anyone explain this in relatively simple terms?  Thanks! :grin:

GB

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Bluing--general Q. [Re: GnuBobo]
    #2886634 - 07/13/04 03:21 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Psylocin turns blue when exposed to oxygen (Oxygen, also causes it to deteriorate at a rapid pace). Some shrooms bruise while you cut 'em... others hardly stain at all... or stain more slowly... but a blue stain should be one of the things you look for to indicate psychoactivity.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offline4hodmt
AspiringMycologist

#2886652 - 07/13/04 03:25 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

as psicolin is oxidised, it turns blue. Psicolin is very unstable, and will break down and oxidasse very rapidly. thats why shrooms *probably* also produce psilocybin, because the phosphoruc atom falls off, and turns into psicolin in your body. it slows the breakdown some.

--------------------
all posts made by 4hodmt are entirely ficticious. the user 4hodmt has noa ffiliation with any company, or organization; any endorsements made by 4hodmt are to be considered a joke. any similarity between a person (or story) 4hodmt is talking about is entirely happenstance. 4hodmt is not to be taken seriously under any circumstance. furthermore, he does not know what he is talking about. Please ignore anything 4hodmt has to say.

_______

"Trust me, I'm from the future.

Actually I'm not from the future, but I did lived there for a while."

- Baby Hitler

InvisibleGnuBobo
 User Gallery

Re: Bluing--general Q. [Re: 4hodmt]
    #2886935 - 07/13/04 04:55 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks! So, then, what's the upshot of the oxidization process of psilocin in terms of mushroom storage? If the psilocin is "protected" by the mushroom's cells, does this keep it viable as a psychoactive? Would the layer of mushroom that is cut, e.g. the cross-section of the stem, have a lower psilocin content? Kind of interesting.... Thanks again.

GB

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #2886942 - 07/13/04 04:57 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, drying kills a lot of psylocin... freshies are more potent... but thank your lucky stars psylocybin is much more durable.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleGnuBobo
 User Gallery

Re: Bluing--general Q. [Re: Rose]
    #2886978 - 07/13/04 05:09 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Hmmm. Just went out and nudged acouple of shrooms in my yard that popped up naturally. One in particular was mustard yellow on the stem and gills, with a reddish hue on top. It turned blue immediately after I pulled it up. Wonder if this is a psychoactive species? Don't think I'll eat the thing, though. Thanks for the info!

GB

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #2887435 - 07/13/04 08:02 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Smart. Make sure you know EXACTLY what you have if you even think of eating it.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Bluing--general Q. [Re: Rose]
    #2887563 - 07/13/04 08:48 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

There are some poisenous and non poisonous mushys that arent pschyoactive that blue when bruised as well. I mean everything they said about what it was is correct I'm just saying if its blue its doesnt always mean psylosin.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies