Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Heaven Help the Fool
    #2884019 -

I bought this Bob Weir solo CD yesterday and I have to say it sucks.  Every song sounds the same and there is very little creativity present.  I like his other solo Album Ace but I don't recommend this one.  It was cheap at the used CD store and nothing else there caught my eye so I picked it up.  :thumbdown:



--------------------

Goin' where the water tastes like wine.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Heaven Help the Fool [Re: kosmic_charlie]
    #2884021 -

I didn't know you were a critic.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Heaven Help the Fool [Re: Adom]
    #2884027 -

Heaven help the fool who buys this album. Sorry Bob.


--------------------

Goin' where the water tastes like wine.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Heaven Help the Fool [Re: kosmic_charlie]
    #2884029 -

That cd just looks like it sucks. Is it all acoustic?


--------------------


"It seemed to me culture is a shabby lie. Or at least this culture is a shabby lie. If you work like a dog, you get 260 channels of bad television and a German automobile. What kind of perfection is that?"-McKenna

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Heaven Help the Fool [Re: McKennaFan200]
    #2884033 -

No there is very little acoustic guitar if any.


--------------------

Goin' where the water tastes like wine.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Heaven Help the Fool [Re: kosmic_charlie]
    #2884034 -

Hahahahahaha, I would have a hard time believing he could pull a solo album off. I've never heard any good things about any of his solo CD's.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Heaven Help the Fool [Re: McKennaFan200]
    #2884038 -

I bet if he had his shorts on you would like it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Heaven Help the Fool [Re: Adom]
    #2884040 -

Uh.....no I wouldn't? Where would you get such an off-base assumption like that?


--------------------


"It seemed to me culture is a shabby lie. Or at least this culture is a shabby lie. If you work like a dog, you get 260 channels of bad television and a German automobile. What kind of perfection is that?"-McKenna

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Heaven Help the Fool [Re: Adom]
    #2884053 -

Well Ace is good only because it's basically a Grateful Dead album. It's got songs like Greatest Story, Black Throated, Playin', Mexicali, One More Saturday and Cassidy lol! This album however has no contributions from Grateful Dead members and it shows! Sorry Bob I still love you.


--------------------

Goin' where the water tastes like wine.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Heaven Help the Fool [Re: McKennaFan200]
    #2884057 -

Uhhhh ....Ummmmm.... do I need to note everytime I kid around?

Never heard a few jokes about the shorts before?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Heaven Help the Fool [Re: Adom]
    #2884067 -

No.....I have never heard one shorts joke.  I'm deprived.  :frown:


--------------------


"It seemed to me culture is a shabby lie. Or at least this culture is a shabby lie. If you work like a dog, you get 260 channels of bad television and a German automobile. What kind of perfection is that?"-McKenna

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Heaven Help the Fool [Re: kosmic_charlie]
    #2884072 -

I like Jerry's solo work :grin: :thumbup:

I'll have to check out ace sometime.  I love Bob in the GD, I don't know much about the rest of his projects, I should probably check out ratdog one of these days.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Heaven Help the Fool [Re: McKennaFan200]
    #2884079 -

Well I'll tell you they've gotten shorter than this: (unfortunately I can't find a better example but this is pretty good)



--------------------

Goin' where the water tastes like wine.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Heaven Help the Fool [Re: McKennaFan200]
    #2884080 -

Well Bob likes daisy dukes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Heaven Help the Fool [Re: kosmic_charlie]
    #2884131 -

Alright, thanks for letting me in the loop guys.


--------------------


"It seemed to me culture is a shabby lie. Or at least this culture is a shabby lie. If you work like a dog, you get 260 channels of bad television and a German automobile. What kind of perfection is that?"-McKenna

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Heaven Help the Fool [Re: kosmic_charlie]
    #2885461 -

Legs  :loveeyes:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Heaven Help the Fool [Re: kosmic_charlie]
    #2885616 -

:lol: I can do without most of Bobby's solo work too.  And I hear ratdog has gotten a lot better since he is doing Dead songs now.


--------------------
Once in awhile you can get shown the light

In the strangest of places if you look at it right...


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Heaven Help the Fool [Re: Phishgrrl]
    #2886230 -

yeah ratdog is pretty good...why the hell does bobby always wear shorts, i dont think ive ever seen him in shorts especially not from concerts.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Heaven Help the Fool [Re: splifftoter]
    #2886316 -

man, when i saw the dead in red rocks, on the friday, it was raining, and foggy, and really fucking cold, the weather report said it was going to get about 40 that night, and bobby had shorts on... they were regular shorts, and went down knee length. he even came back wearing them second set, which led me to belive he was crazy, or something, cause thiere were people with thick jackets that were cold....


--------------------
On a mission to prove that the truth gets you no where.
They tried the truth, It didn't work. Then they wrote the bible. 

Only the foolish fear the inevitable.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Heaven Help the Fool [Re: Phychotron]
    #2886496 -

They do have stage heaters....Think how hard that would be to play a guitar good in 40 degree weather.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* ap 2 DM Syrup plus Newport green shorts hard pack. sa Aten 698 19 03/04/18 06:30 AM
by Ima Trooper
* Mexicali Blues (official cowboy song thread)
( 1 2 3 all )
Ripple 11,004 52 07/09/11 01:17 AM
by ModularMind
* is there a cure for the mexicali blues?
( 1 2 all )
thedudenj 1,891 26 10/14/08 11:52 PM
by Nemo_Hoes
* The new Limp Bizkit album In(di)go 1,514 13 06/05/05 03:58 PM
by KingOftheThing
* help... album title? afterglow1212 746 6 12/11/04 12:32 AM
by blissedout
* a life cut waaay too short
( 1 2 3 all )
KingOftheThing 2,759 48 08/05/04 01:08 AM
by djfrog
* Whats your Favorite Pink floyd album?
( 1 2 all )
Toddo 4,831 37 02/21/06 02:17 AM
by Toddo
* Best Metal Album of All Time
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
ShroomismM 13,035 157 09/24/08 07:12 AM
by Psilocybeingzz

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,827 topic views. 4 members, 5 guests and 95 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 14 queries.