Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleotto i love ta get blotto
enthusiast
Loc: colo
Re: Pressure cooking mycelium
    #285122 - 04/05/01 01:40 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

you know, in theory, the point of every post, dissolves like aspirin in a stomach.

"you cant kill me ,
im already dead"-Mudvayne

--------------------
"taz is a fucking retard"-ME

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Pressure cooking mycelium
    #286588 - 04/05/01 06:19 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

What ever this guy is doing with a pressure cooker and his mycelium is yet to be heard. As far as this SHIFTY character, do not, I REPEAT DO NOT put a hot pressure cooker under any WATER. This is a Absolute no, no!!!!!!!!!!

Invisibleralphster44
collector
 User Gallery

Re: Pressure cooking mycelium [Re: ]
    #286594 - 04/05/01 06:25 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by administrator.

--------------------
www.RalphstersSpores.com

WE SHIP TO CANADA FROM WITHIN CANADA :smile:

For your safety and security, we have a Secure Website.
Also for your security, we will not take your credit card number.
Your security and safety is of utmost importance to us.

InvisibleJustAnotherTraveler
Sporalized

#286631 - 04/05/01 07:01 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Reducing pressure quickly is a normal practice with some recipes.

----------------------------------

From the manual (Mirro):

5)
When pressure has been maintained for required length of time, remove cooker from heat and allow pressure to drop BEFORE REMOVING CONTROL. Many recipes call for instant reduction of pressure by setting cooker under faucet or by placing it in a pan of cold water. This method reduces the pressure in about 15 seconds. Allowing pressure to drop normally without cooling under faucet takes from three to fifteen minutes depending upon amount of food in cooker. Recipes and charts in this book specify whether pressure is to be reduced instantly or normally.
----------------------------------

Mother used to do this quite frequently, but beware, the cooker will make a screaming noise when reducing the heat instantly. If you don't know about the noise, it would surely freak you out!

Of course, if the manufacturer does not recommend this method of reducing pressure, don't do it. If you don't have a manual for your pressure cooker, now is the time to go to the manufacturer's web page and get one. Never use a pressure cooker without knowing how is is supposed to be used... For grain or anything else.

Some pressure cookers are not able to fit underneath the faucet. A large pan of cold water will work here, but it is easier/safer to just let it cool on it's own.

You can laugh, but pressure cookers are dead serious business. Ask the kid that tried to pressure cook dry ice... (God only knows why he tried to do this...)

Just want everyone to be safe here.

Peace,
jat

--------------------
Well he loved and laughed and floated past

the echoes of a velvet mind, that whispered fairy tales untold

that kissed his mind, carressed his soul-

Anonymous

Re: Pressure cooking mycelium [Re: JustAnotherTraveler]
    #286638 - 04/05/01 07:12 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Pressure cookers are made of metal, hot metal can warp if cooled to rapidly, warped pressure cooker means no more seal. Secondly, have you ever cooked liquids in a jar in the cooker. cooling to rapidly will cause these liquids to boil over and out of the imperfectly sealed jars. Not a good idea, all around. Every pressure cooker i have owned, on number three now, has stated this in the owners manual. Maybe you have a titanium pressure cooker or something, but pressure cooking is not a tek.

OfflineCRASHBANDIT
Stranger
    #286696 - 04/05/01 08:32 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Thankyou all for your replies.This is my first time trying to grow and im full of questions.I suppose my impatients wants everything to be right the first time. Well it hasnt, and now im trying to wait it all out.
What im doing is pressure cooking my liquid culture prior to injecting it with spores.Not knowing the 1st time i did it i burned the Liquid Culture Inoculom Powder by having it to close to the bottom of the pan and didnt let it cool down long enough before injecting the spores.(using a pint sizenormal mouth mason jar with a 1/2 inch hole drilled into the lid and bio filter seal under the lid) The powder does not fully dissolve after cooking so after it cools and i inject the spores there is already white dissolved looking asprin everywhere.I got this technique from Mushroom Magic.Is anyone else using this teachnique?`
Does anyone know where i can see pictures of what the Liquismycelium growth should look like after a few days of growing??????

Offlineemetheus
enthusiast
Re: Pressure cooking mycelium [Re: CRASHBANDIT]
    #286720 - 04/05/01 09:19 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

dude, just make some more, except use honey, 1 teaspoon in a half pint, instead of his 'miracle mix'.
and only p.c. 30 minutes .
put something under the jar like a washrag to prevent overheated hot spots, while pc'ing.
allow to cool to room temp before injecting spores.

Visit http://mycotopia.yage.net

--------------------
Visit http://mycotopia.yage.net

InvisibleJustAnotherTraveler
Sporalized

Re: Pressure cooking mycelium [Re: JustAnotherTraveler]
    #287456 - 04/06/01 09:02 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

I would like to make a note that the manual that I was reading from is copyrighted 1972, and is probably out dated.

I think that I will take my own advise on getting a new manual.

Peace,
jat

--------------------
Well he loved and laughed and floated past

the echoes of a velvet mind, that whispered fairy tales untold

that kissed his mind, carressed his soul-

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag