Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Who'se been eating my shroomy says Papa Shroom?
    #2862936 - 07/06/04 09:06 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Someone has been having lunch

mjshroomer

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
Loc: Pinellas Co, FL
Re: Who'se been eating my shroomy says Papa Shroom? [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2863206 - 07/06/04 10:03 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

There's a very happy beetle in southeast asia today. :smile:

OfflineOuchITripped
|E|C|S|T|A|C|Y| ~ ~ ~My Anti-Drug~

Loc: Dallas, TX
Re: Who'se been eating my shroomy says Papa Shroom? [Re: wandrnshaman]
    #2864656 - 07/07/04 11:05 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

In theory, if a beetle did eat part of a cube, would it affect an bug as it would a human? this is a topic i have absolutely NO info on.

--------------------
If mushrooms grew in my house, and I could smoke in here, i'd have no reason to go outside?
-Brock D. 2004 (that's me)
---------------------------------------------------
if you feel like your gonna puke just go ahead and puke
you'll feel much better afterwards.
sometimes its fun, as long as it doesn't come out your nose, that sucks
-Sherm (from the shroomery)

Better smilies coming soon! By suffer
---------------------------------------------------

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan Flag
Re: Who'se been eating my shroomy says Papa Shroom? [Re: OuchITripped]
    #2864663 - 07/07/04 11:10 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

no, it would not

Offlinechubbycharley
the chubbiest ofthe charleys
Male
Loc: everywhere
Re: Who'se been eating my shroomy says Papa Shroom? [Re: Mitchnast]
    #2865128 - 07/07/04 01:36 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

what about a rat?

i have a friend who said he fed his rat some mushrooms, a small amount of course. they seem to think it tripped, but would it really?

nice pic mj :smile:

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Who'se been eating my shroomy says Papa Shroom? [Re: chubbycharley]
    #2867155 - 07/07/04 10:48 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Yes bugs and ants and larvae and rats and cockroaches get high on shroms as do squirrels and slugs and rabbits and deer.

Read my post here at the shroomery on the shit the flies the spores, the worms and the ants. Use the search engines. It is a photographic pictorial of that event.

mj

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Who'se been eating my shroomy says Papa Shroom? [Re: OuchITripped]
    #2867619 - 07/08/04 02:30 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I would think that any animal with serotonin receptors could feel the effects of psilocybin.

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan Flag
Re: Who'se been eating my shroomy says Papa Shroom? [Re: Gumby]
    #2868174 - 07/08/04 09:02 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

not like a human thogh.
one might argue that the primitive mind of a beetle has barely the precursors of consiousness and rather acts and reacts upon a matrix of priority-directed behavioral responses.

even us humans have these primitive functions.

in the brain, we have two areas that preceive sight, one is a higher function that allows us to awknolage our surroundings on a consious level.

so i can look at an apple, know it is an apple, see that it is red, and decide on how to proceed.

the other area of the brain that translates what the eyes see is far more primitive, it is the area responsible for what we call "blindsight" 

this "blindsight" occurs when the onnections to the visual cortex are severed due to illness or trauma, but the connections to the more primitive sight cenbters are intact.
the eyes still function fully, but the consious mind does not connect to them.  therefore, blind people of this type may navigate freely through crouds with an almost inhumnan instinct to avoid all obsticals. they can see a tree or a human, but they cannot actually create a picture in their mind. they simply know of its orentation in their peripheral  area.  and therefore navigate.  this area of the brain is what enables us to respond quickly to a possible threat. making us react before we think, like throwing up your hands, or ducking.

there are similar centers for touch, taste, sound and smell

these also pass through filters that establish recognition. for example. you recognize your family, if that connection is severed through the visual cortex, you will see your family members as very realistic copys, imposters made from your memory. only by hearing them speak withought seeing them will you be able to accept them as your family as the recognition filters may still be intact in the part of the brain akin to hearing.

BEETLES ON THE OTHER HAND...

do not have these higher functions at all.

they simple have the reactive parts that stimulate responces,  a mix of food smell and lack of threat response dictates feeding behaviour.

a large moving object with a spiny sillohette would stimulate defence.

the beetle does not have emotion or attachment.

it does not know loss or gain.  technically it does not know anything.  it simply is and exists.

its brain is about as complex as a growing tree.  it has no mind.

therefore a mind-altering chemical is going to have little to no effect, perhaps slow down or speed up its responce time to stimuli or cause confusion between certain sences,
but the beetle will not notice,  it will not "get high"

the more advanced functions a brain has, the more profoundly effected it will be by perceptory-related chemicals.

but i think the key to "being high" is being self-aware in the first place, a quality which occurs more prominantly in higher lifeforms.

and is completely absent in creatures with a reactive-based behavioral system, or creatures exhibiting a hive-mentality.

want a practical paradigm? compair the profoundness of a personal psychadellic journey to the experience of a person who is just getting "high with the gang" on the same ammount of the same substance...

we are less self-aware in groups, being overly self-aware in a group is uncomfortable and we have mechanisims (based in our primitive minds) to overcome self-awareness....

for example, smoke pot in a group situation, and often, you might become overly self aware, this leads to paranoia and discomfort. the primitive-responsive parts of your mind need practice, they are skills, like tying a shoe....
when you are high the first time, youll drive like a granny, but with practice, your skill is no longer impaired.

its sorta the crux with the claim that pot effects your ability to complete tasks.  tests preformed have people completing tasks theyve never done while stoned before.

but give them a video-game or a guitar, something theyve practiced while stoned and it may actually enhance the ability.

this is comparable to an insect, which are entirely skill-related. there is no reason about it, they react.

although, i must admit, psychadellics certainly effect ones ability to complete primitive tasks such as eating or mating :wink: perhaps this is because of the inability to escape the consious mind while trying to complete subconsious oriented tasks.  if this is true, then a beetle would remain uneffected, as it has no ego, no self-awareness, no consious mind.

just some thoughts on the issue of weather or not wild animals consume hallucinogenic fungi and get "high"
the oppinion is not intended to be right or wrong, but rather to stimulate thought.

Edited by Mitchnast (07/08/04 09:13 AM)

Offlinechubbycharley
the chubbiest ofthe charleys
Male
Loc: everywhere
    #2869407 - 07/08/04 04:12 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

great post Mitchnast :thumbup:

InvisibleDepthToTheCore
JeeBuzz
Male User Gallery
Loc: Australia brah
Re: Who'se been eating my shroomy says Papa Shroom? [Re: chubbycharley]
    #2875023 - 07/10/04 12:48 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Man that post was fucking awesome, i learnt more then than if i was at school. Nice work. Good to see we have some intelligent people around the forum :laugh:.

--------------------

"Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music." - George Carlin

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #2875215 - 07/10/04 02:15 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Mitchnast, a lttle more information.

Also read Peter Witt or DeWitts research of spiders on LSD, Mescaline and Shrooms, Images in the published papers show the shroom spider build the best geodesical designed web.

From a search engine 15 of more than 4000 references on search engine at yahoo.

Results 1-15 of about 4295 containing "psychedelics and animals" NEXT >>

SPONSORED SITES
Animals And Psychedelics at Amazon.com - www.amazon.com
Buy books at Amazon.com. Low prices and easy shopping. Search the full text of books. Free super saver shipping on qualified...

The Historic FDA and NIDA Meetings on Psychedelics
The Historic FDA and NIDA Meetings on Psychedelics. By Rick Doblin. The following is an excerpt from an article, MDMA Research: A New Beginning by Rick Doblin which the will appear in the forthcoming 2nd. ... his talk on the effects of psychedelics in animals by acknowledging the courage of Sasha Shulgin and Rick Strassman ...
www.island.org/ive/2/doblin1.html

Animals Psychedelics: New & Used Books Search Result for Animals Psychedelics
Animals Psychedelics: New & Used Books Search Result for Animals Psychedelics. Compare new and used books prices among 108 book stores in a click. Find the lowest price. ... Searched in books for Animals Psychedelics. 7 titles matched your search. Search took 0.32 seconds. Animals & Psychedelics: The Natural World & the Instinct to Alter Consciousness ...
www.fetchbook.info/Animals_Psychedelics.html

Animals and Psychedelics
ANIMALS AND PSYCHEDELICS by Giorgio Samorini. The Natural World and the Instinct to Alter Consciousness. $ 12.95 ... the possibility that beings who consume psychedelics --whether human or animals -- contribute to the evolution of their ...
www.kittsdream.com/Books/animals_psych.htm

"Animals & Psychedelics" - by Giorgio Samorini
... drive shared by all living beings and that animals engage in these behaviors deliberately ... beings who consume psychedelics--whether humans or animals--contribute to the evolution ...
www.iamshaman.com/eshop/10Expand.asp?ProductUID=4002&ProductCode=IASB-...

Pets/Reference
... Animals and Psychedelics. Animals and Psychedelics. Check Latest Price ... live in a home with humans and other animals, and offers advice for their feeding, grooming, and health care ...
www.booksbytesandbeyond.com/books/PET008000.html

Product Name: Animals and Psychedelics: The Natural World and the Instinct to Alter Consciousness
... Animals and Psychedelics: The Natural World and the Instinct to Alter Consciousness ... on subject matter that gives "animals" their rightful place among "humans" as proud and adept ...
macrules.com/ASIN0892819863

Wild Animals I Have Known: New & Used Books Search Result for Wild Animals I Have Known
Wild Animals I Have Known: New & Used Books Search Result for Wild Animals I Have Known. Compare new and used books prices among 107 book stores in a click. Find the lowest price. ... Animals & Psychedelics: The Natural World & the Instinct to Alter Consciousness ... Books Similar to Animals & Psychedelics: The Natural... Compare Prices Book Reviews ...
www.fetchbook.info/Wild_Animals_I_Have_Known.html

Psychedelics and the Future
... the Establishment, have been alarmed by psychedelics for rather less than five years ... process, as highly plastic and conditionable animals, as congeries of instinctive strivings ...
www.psychedelic-library.org/future.htm

animals & pschedelics
| back to hipchix | Excerpts from Animals & Psychedelics by Giorgio Samorini. Animals engage in intoxicating drug consumption. This fact forms one of the most provocative and original
www.hipchix.net/animalspsychedelics.htm

English Books > Nature/Animals/Pets > Wildlife
English Books > Nature/Animals/Pets > Wildlife listing of 1437 titles. Free worldwide delivery. ... Animals And Psychedelics: The Natural World And The Instinct To Alter ConsciousnessSamorini, Giorgio Montgomery ...
www.netstoreusa.com/books/index/bkbnd700.shtml

Drugs and the Brain: Psychedelics
... Because there are so many psychedelics (over 90 different species of plants and many more ... subjective effects in animals? The subjective effects of psychedelics depend not only ...
www.csusm.edu/DandB/psychedelics.html

Insight Books - Animals & Animal Rights
Animals & Animal Rights at Insight Metaphysical Bookstore ... Animals And Psychedelics: The Natural World & The Instinct To Alter ConsciousnessRejecting both the behaviorist theory that animals have no consciousness and the Western ...
www.insight-books.com/new/ANMS16107.html

Inner Traditions
An Italian ethnobotanist explores the remarkable propensity of wild animals ... Animals and Psychedelics. The Natural World and the Instinct to Alter Consciousness ... that beings who consume psychedelics--whether humans or animals--contribute to the evolution of ...
www.gotoit.com/titles/anipsy.html

English Books > Natural History, Country Life & Pets > Wild Animals > Index > World Retail Store
World Retail Store; English Books; Wild Animals - Buy from over 2 million English book titles ... Animals And Psychedelics: The Natural World And The Instinct To Alter Consciousness ...
www.worldretailstore.com/index/BE-WNC.html

BOOKS ON DRUGS, BUY SALVIA DIVINORUM
Books on drugs, psychedelics, entheogens and source for Salvia Divinorum online ... MORE... UK. Animals and Psychedelics: The Natural World and the Instinct to Alter Consciousness ... MORE... USA. MORE... UK. Psychedelics Encyclopedia. By Peter Stafford ...
www.anathemabooks.com/drugs.shtml

• Not satisfied with your results? Help us improve.

Results 1-15 of about 4295 containing "psychedelics and animals"
mjshroomer

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies