Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!
First off, sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but I have no clue where else it'd go.
Hopefully the rest of you will find this as amusing as I do.
Post what your mushroom field guides describe psilocybin 'poisoning' as being like! Try to include the name of the guide and mushroom while you're at it.
Mushrooms & Toadstools: An Illustrated Guide
Entry for psilocybe semilanceata (liberty cap): [...] It is a moderately poisonous mushroom. It is one of the hallucinogenic species of mushroom whose effects on people have not been fully tested and verified. Poisoning symptoms after consumption occur in different ways. Some people get a feeling of euphoria, laugh, suffer defective vision accompanied by hallucinations, others feel anxiety, fear, have terrible visions leading to delirium and suicide attempts.
I know when I'm suffering from 'defective vision', I feel compelled to try to kill myself. All the time.
VNR Color Dictionary of Mushrooms
Entry for liberty caps: Culinary properties ? It is said to be poisonous when raw, even fatal if eaten by children. Harmless when cooked.
That's all it has to say about active mushrooms (other than muscarine-containing species).
Has anybody actually heard of libs causing fatal poisoning?