Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Seeing Psilocybin under microscope * 1
    #28531548 -

I had been shroom hunting for a few weeks with the goal of cloning my finds and growing them at home, but since it's nearing winter I decided to put it off until the warmer months and just clone some dried golden teachers. I am pretty new to the mushroom cultivation scene, so when I managed to produce some mycelium on my ~3rd attempt, bacterial growths were of course present.

It looked pretty sick under the microscope so I took a picture of it, and only a few days later did I notice what looked like a blue liquid seeping out of the mycelium.





I have seen a post on shroomery asking if it's possible to see psilocybin under a microscope to which people said no, but given that shrooms bruise blue as a result of psilocybin oxidizing, wouldn't it be just as possible to observe that reaction in the microscope? I'm curious what those with proper experience have to say about this.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Seeing Psilocybin under microscope [Re: jamesonjones] * 1
    #28531563 -

Psilocybin is a molecule. There aren't really hobbyist microscopes available with that kind of resolution. You may be able to observe bruising, a process which indicates the presence of psilocybin, as bruising occurs at the cell level instead of the molecular level. But you won't be able to see the molecules themselves without some bleeding edge $2 million equipment

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Seeing Psilocybin under microscope [Re: CultiV8]
    #28531620 -

I prolly should've clarified further at the end of my post, I get that you can't see psilocybin molecules. What I am curious about is whether the blue seen in the image is a product of psilocybin or of something else. If bruising occurs at the cellular level, which the images are at, is it reasonable to assume the blue streaks seen in the image are a result of microscopic bruising?

Edited by jamesonjones (11/06/23 11:25 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Bruising effecting psilocybin j21kickster 1,695 10 03/08/06 07:57 PM
by j21kickster
* Is it really air or water that spoil psilocin and psilocybin? (PubMed Ref) DocRob 1,607 9 07/13/07 01:26 PM
by Corporal Kielbasa
* Mycelium contains psilocybin, right? Fd3000 15,593 6 06/06/02 12:21 PM
by psyconaut
* Looking for a Microscope... GoodbyeOrb 2,841 4 05/17/07 09:09 PM
by RogerRabbit
* Where to buy a nice microscope? MustardMan 8,626 11 11/13/06 09:03 PM
by RogerRabbit
* What are psilocybin and psilocin actually for?
( 1 2 3 all )
Barnelby 3,912 40 07/10/06 09:15 PM
by RogerRabbit
* Decent Microscope IGnosticAbhorI 1,629 6 07/17/10 03:04 AM
by spiritlands
* What to look @ under the Microscope? djsollest 1,913 6 02/05/08 04:13 PM
by stubborn

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
140 topic views. 10 members, 83 guests and 196 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 14 queries.