Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLuNaTiX
Quarterback
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Hydroponic questions
    #2816657 - 06/22/04 09:26 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Roots can not be exposed to light eh?
Could one use crystal fertalizer like mericle grow instead of liquid solution?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCookies
Female
Re: Hydroponic questions [Re: LuNaTiX]
    #2816874 - 06/22/04 11:13 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

If the res is exposed to light you'll have algae growing in the tank.

OfflineLuNaTiX
Quarterback
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Hydroponic questions [Re: Cookies]
    #2816920 - 06/22/04 11:27 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

That explains alot, but what if the water is changed every month?

--------------------

OfflineCubieman420
Sharing in thegroove
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
    #2817052 - 06/22/04 12:18 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Why don't you just put duct tape around it? And don't use miracle grow!! :smirk:

--------------------
"...now waters run free, no more fish in the sea..."
1983-2004

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
Loc: S.E.
    #2817218 - 06/22/04 01:15 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Algae is a major problem with hydro. If you don't have a dark container, try spray painting the one you have. Krylon paint will stick to plastic, check the label. Sandpaper the plastic before you spray so it sticks. You can also put aluminum foil or dark plastic over the top of the soil or medium you are using. For nutes, I'd say go with general hydro or one of the other regular hydro nutes. You can use miracle grow or anything that disolves but it won't work as well. Be sure to change your reservoir at least every 2 weeks. You can dump it on your outside garden.

Stoney

OfflineEightball
whore consumer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Hydroponic questions [Re: Stonehenge]
    #2817558 - 06/22/04 03:06 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

agreed. if yer gonna go through the trouble of doing an indoor pot grow u might as well use real nutes, not some generic fert where you cant Control the npk

--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and you're holding on.you'll see devils tearing your life away.
But...if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels
Freeing you from the earth.

OfflineLuNaTiX
Quarterback
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Hydroponic questions [Re: Eightball]
    #2817585 - 06/22/04 03:16 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

nono, tis for my salvia plants, I dont like soil and the bugs that come with it too much and I think hydro would be good. Does anyone know where I can get some hydroponics solutions online for a decent price?

--------------------

Offlinekolizion
LucidMind

#2819792 - 06/23/04 01:20 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

hey guy... comming from a fellow salvia hydro grower I would love to give you some advise through experiance.

so here goes...

1st ... general rule of hydroponics... don't expose the root systems to light, you can... but it will slow the growth of your plant and increase contams to the water intencly (think mushroom contams and light... they come on faster with light)

2nd... the BEST systems in hydro for growing salvia. We know that salvia LOVES it's water. IF!!!! you root it that way, and keep the cutting that way.

a) - cheep = deep water culture... root your cutting and move it to a deep water culture system.... a make shit simple system is a 1 gallon icecream bucket with 2 holes... one for your cutting, and the 2nd for the air hose.  Using a 1 gallon icecream bucket also aids for knowing EXACTLY how much nutes to add.

b) ebb and flow = Many have tried, many have liked. I don't.  the root systems get SO massive they clog the shit out of the systems and equal a huge pain in the ass... but you do get one hellova huge salvia plant after it takes off.

c) my personal favorite.... The aeroponic system....  get a nice cloner that holds 4 plants... insert your cutting, set your timer for 15/15 and presto.... massive plants.

with that aside I'll move onto the nutes department.  don't use more then a drop well after your plant is established.  nute shock will destroy a plant in a heartbeat.  I use about 1 tsp of nutes per gallon.. some time 1/4 that, on a well established plant system.

rooting hormone is also your friend! :smile: especially in hydro.

now to answer your main question about nutes... the flora series of nutes are great... get micro and veg.  and a bottle of flower I spose if you want yours to flower.

I bought a gallon of each and that shit will last you a fucking long ass time when you think your only putting in a tsp of shit once a month. 

any more questions, feel free to post them... other people with advice.. love to hear it.....

I really hope this helps you out.

-=kol=-

Edited by kolizion (06/23/04 01:23 AM)

Offlinefelix
 User Gallery

#2821432 - 06/23/04 02:45 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

here's a very simple technique:

water culture!  you have got to get some form of quality nutes meant for hydro growing though.  here are some hydroponic pineapples: :laugh:

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

Invisiblefunkymonk
Get's down, withthe get-down.
 User Gallery

Loc: saskatchewan
Re: Hydroponic questions [Re: felix]
    #2821978 - 06/23/04 06:27 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Felix please post more about your hydro pinapple's..I'm interested in seeing more..

Offlinefelix
 User Gallery

Re: Hydroponic questions [Re: funkymonk]
    #2822440 - 06/23/04 09:44 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

sorry funkymonk, that's a real old pic i was just using for example. they did seem to grow very fast and well though. i just made sure to change the water every so often and feed everyonce in a while. i had to abandon them before they got to flower though. i treated them just like any other plant around the house too..

water culture is very simple though, ways to improve would be to add things like aquarium powerhead water circulator things and aquarium pumps with bubbling stones on the end for oxygenating the roots.

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

OfflineGreenNinja
stealth grower

Loc: In a van, down by the riv...
    #2824158 - 06/24/04 01:01 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

http://www.aci-hydroponics.com/plantf.html
these are great nutes. cheap, dry mix.
just check my gallery.

I use them in my mediumless DWC system.
DWC is the easiest and cheapest way to go Hydro, IMO.

Just bubbles and water.
Keep the temps low, and direct light out of the reservoir and you'll be fine.
Light won't hurt roots. and algae will stay in check as long as you don't have direct light shining into the water.

Do NOT use miracle grow. use Hydro specific nutes only.
if you use miracle grow it will lead to a host of problems as it's designed to be a soil ADDITIVE, not a complete nutrient.

--------------------
why must I be like that, why must I chase the cat?...nuttin' but the dog in me.
-George Clinton
and Parliament

OfflineGreenNinja
stealth grower

Loc: In a van, down by the riv...
    #2824174 - 06/24/04 01:05 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

here's a diagram of a simple mediumless dwc tub.
can be made for about $18 with all parts found at walmart.

--------------------
why must I be like that, why must I chase the cat?...nuttin' but the dog in me.
-George Clinton
and Parliament

Offlinefelix
 User Gallery

Re: Hydroponic questions [Re: GreenNinja]
    #2825232 - 06/24/04 07:21 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

nice one green ninja. how much light watttage do you use and do you change the water often or no?

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: Hydroponic questions [Re: felix]
    #2825322 - 06/24/04 07:43 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

you can use miracle grow successfully in soil grows, but for hydro, i'd stick with GH nutes. i believe General Hydroponics has a single application formula (instead of the grow-bloom-micro setup) that should be out by now. try that. sure its a bit expensive but beats miracle grow by a mile.

ps i never would use miracle grow. there are many MJ specific nutes out there that work wonders with your plants, i recommend you hit up your local hydro shop and start asking many questions.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom