Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Computers..
    #2785967 -

Alright so I have a Sony VAIO PCV-RX560. I beat up the case pretty bad.. I was wondering if I could change out all my stuff(motherboards,drives,power supply.. ect.) in to a new case. I was also planning on upgrading a few things. Right now it has a 70gig HD..Geforce4 mx440 64mg video card..256mb of pc133sdram... I a lil low on money but so far im planning on upgrading it with another stick of either 128mb or 256mb of ram and a Geforce FX5200 128MB or a ATI Radeon 9200/9600 128MB... what do you guys think? have any ideas on more things that will help my computer run faster/smoother?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Computers.. [Re: xXScYtHeXx]
    #2785979 -

i would reccomend.. if the motherboard supports it getting 512mb DDR ram at least pc-2700 and a radeon 128mb DX9 card. why do you want to change the case? if the motherboard is a standard ATX, it should fit into almost all cases

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Computers.. [Re: fearfect]
    #2786233 -

The case is all beat up and broken.. I want a new one...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Computers.. *DELETED* [Re: xXScYtHeXx]
    #2786257 -

Post deleted by Script

Reason for deletion: .


Edited by PJDIDDLE (06/11/04 08:22 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Computers.. [Re: PJDIDDLE]
    #2786698 -

Ya the thing about that is Ram is pretty expensive... I need pc133 and id need bank to buy a 512 stick... if anyone has any lying around i have some pc2100 256MB ddr to trade

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Computers.. [Re: xXScYtHeXx]
    #2786892 -

if you're getting a new case...i would think of getting or planning for an additinal hard drive...i originally had an 80 gb then added a 120 gb and i'm trying to clean some shows out to add more hard drive space...but getting a bigger case...you get to add a bigger power source so you can add more shit in your tower...hard drives...etc...adding addititional hard drives is definitely a key when downloading shows online...

getting a bigger case...and bigger power source i was able to add the 120 gb hard drive...and now i can add 2 more hard drives...and if i need a bigger power source to run my shit in my tower i can exchange the power source out for a bigger one without any problems...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Computers.. [Re: xXScYtHeXx]
    #2787356 -

Just make sure that it is possible to do. I remember a customer bringing in a Dell Optiplex which he wanted put into a different case so he could add drives.
I had a hell of a time jimmy rigging a power switch which would work in the new case plus a few other things which made the swap a pain in the ass. It got done, but Ill never do another. I dont need that kind of aggrivation.


--------------------
People don't want other people to get high, because if you get high, you might see the falsity of the fabric of the society we live in.

-Ken Kesey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Computers.. [Re: Drummer]
    #2787687 -

Well how do I find out the model of my Motherboard to see what case it would fit in? Should I get a new motherboard an processor? should I get an AMD or stick with a P4.. I kinda do want a new mother board so I have more spaces for ram I can easily get a few sticks of 128MB ram but its not worth it when I have only 2 slots cuz its not enough memory... So im forced to buy a 512 stick or a 256 stick... anyone else have any ideas just post em I really appreciate everyones help

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Computers.. [Re: xXScYtHeXx]
    #2787706 -

if you get an AMD you will have to get a new Motherboard. i believe your computer has a 1.7 p4 in it now.. if you want to get a new mobo/proc you could get a AMD 2500 xp+ for around 70$ and an epox mobo for around the same and over clock that bitch.. or just leave it. i have the 2500 and an asus a7n8x deluxe MB for the 5.1 dolby sound. but that cost me about 120.. i would definately reccomend getting more ram.. DDR ram not SDram. the front side bus of your p4 is 400mhz and you are running 133mhz ram, you can up the speed a bit to match your processor as there is somewhat of a bottleneck. just make sure whatever motherboard you use that you can use the ram that you get.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Computers.. [Re: fearfect]
    #2788331 -

bizump

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* computer parts emilbus 918 9 03/22/07 07:16 PM
by Terillius
* building a computer
( 1 2 all )
TurnAround 1,916 29 03/28/08 02:59 PM
by Colbadol
* Computer problem has me baffled. Help plz anybody?? MistaUNGA 861 13 01/11/08 02:03 PM
by MistaUNGA
* My new computer d33p 1,010 10 04/05/05 02:40 PM
by d33p
* Which computer is better? PDU 711 8 10/20/07 07:34 PM
by PDU
* Question for All Computer People......Is this a Decent Computer to buy? SouthPArk 1,787 14 02/11/06 03:05 PM
by DoctorJ
* Computer crashed!!!!!!! niteowl 1,490 14 08/05/05 02:36 PM
by niteowl
* Have some computer questions fear.loathingSF 678 10 02/17/08 08:29 PM
by fear.loathingSF

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
896 topic views. 4 members, 17 guests and 226 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.