Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

North Spore Shop: Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Just got my new monitors in........
    #15355260 -

I think I just soiled my pants.......

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/BM5Amk2

Dynaudio BM5A MKII 2-way Active Monitors Features at a Glance:

    * Active nearfield monitors with handcrafted aluminum-coil 7" woofers and 1" dome tweeters
    * Frequency response: 45Hz-21kHz (+/- 3dB)
    * HF, MF, LF analog room filters
    * Highpass filter switch for integration with subwoofer
    * Maximum SPL at 1 meter: 117dB peak
    * Amplifier power-Tweeter: 50 watts; Woofer: 50 watts (90W Transient handling)
    * Bass reflex cabinet with radius edges on front baffle
    * Handcrafted aluminum drivers
    * 1" soft dome tweeter: rear chamber, magnetic fluid-cooled design with precision soft waveguide
    * 7" woofer: aluminum frame, 1-piece thermo-formed MSP cone, and 75mm pure aluminum-wire voice coil
    * Crossover frequency: 1500Hz (6dB/oct)
    * 12.5" x 12.5" x 7.3"




--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just got my new monitors in........ [Re: Psy Baba]
    #15355300 -

Dope!  They sound incredible or what?  My buddy has a set of Adam A7 monitors and I was amazed by how clear they are.  Incredible separation between instruments, and just the perfect amount of punch and depth to all frequency ranges.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just got my new monitors in........ [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #15355305 -

Yes they are comparable to the A7x's.  It was really a choice between the two. I am def happy with my purchase :smile:


--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just got my new monitors in........ [Re: Psy Baba]
    #15355341 -

Sexy :vaped: I definitely need a good pair of monitors but they're sooooo expensive!!

I seem to make do with my senn-HD280s + computer speakers though :smilingpuppy:

Headphones for detailed editing/low end mixing - comp speakers to see how it would sound for most chumps with average systems :wink:


--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just got my new monitors in........ [Re: twighead]
    #15355384 -

Those look nice man and I'm sure they sound amazing but damn $1000!
Do you produce?


--------------------
.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just got my new monitors in........ [Re: Psy Baba]
    #15355392 -

boom boom boom =)


--------------------
my sig never wants to stay...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just got my new monitors in........ [Re: spoonbomb]
    #15355587 -

spoonbomb said:
Those look nice man and I'm sure they sound amazing but damn $1000!
Do you produce?



Enough to make them worth it :smile:


--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just got my new monitors in........ [Re: Psy Baba]
    #15355640 -

Here I was hoping to see a picture of a couple new lizards
























Cool speakers though

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just got my new monitors in........ [Re: Psy Baba]
    #15355649 -

I'm curious why you chose two monitors rather than floor standing speakers? The price doesn't seem worth it compared to my set up for half the price (used) unless you move them around or need the space?

Also, $1000 for 40lbs of speakers total seems outlandish

Edited by AcidMonster (11/11/11 01:25 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just got my new monitors in........ [Re: AcidMonster]
    #15355692 -

AcidMonster said:
I'm curious why you chose two monitors rather than floor standing speakers? The price doesn't seem worth it compared to my set up for half the price (used) unless you move them around or need the space?

Also, $1000 for 40lbs of speakers total seems outlandish



They are studio monitors... they are just not for being really loud or bassy.  They are expensive because they are dedicated to providing a very flat sound while being able to accurately represent a wide frequency range within a given space.

Cheap speakers do not , they "color" sound which you do not want in a studio mixdown situation.

They are also self powered.


--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just got my new monitors in........ [Re: AcidMonster]
    #15355722 -

They look nice OP congrats.  Producing on good monitors makes a big difference.

AcidMonster said:
I'm curious why you chose two monitors rather than floor standing speakers? The price doesn't seem worth it compared to my set up for half the price (used) unless you move them around or need the space?

Also, $1000 for 40lbs of speakers total seems outlandish



He chose two monitors for producing music, obviously.  The outlandish part is you're gauging a speaker's performance by its weight and cost, and not by its sound.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just got my new monitors in........ [Re: abltsandwich]
    #15355739 -

abltsandwich said:
They look nice OP congrats.  Producing on good monitors makes a big difference.

AcidMonster said:
I'm curious why you chose two monitors rather than floor standing speakers? The price doesn't seem worth it compared to my set up for half the price (used) unless you move them around or need the space?

Also, $1000 for 40lbs of speakers total seems outlandish



He chose two monitors for producing music, obviously.  The outlandish part is you're gauging a speaker's performance by its weight and cost, and not by its sound.



Exactly ^


--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just got my new monitors in........ [Re: Psy Baba]
    #15355920 -

Nice1 :datass:


--------------------
/ / / / / / / LISTEN TO MY MUSIC: E X E D / / / / / / /
The universe gives no fucks. And takes no fucks.
May His Circuits Ever Function

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just got my new monitors in........ [Re: Psy Baba]
    #15355936 -

Ahh I just saw your soundcloud in your sig. This sounds good man and probably even better on those monitors :smile: i'll follow you


--------------------
.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just got my new monitors in........ [Re: abltsandwich]
    #15356561 -

abltsandwich said:
They look nice OP congrats.  Producing on good monitors makes a big difference.

AcidMonster said:
I'm curious why you chose two monitors rather than floor standing speakers? The price doesn't seem worth it compared to my set up for half the price (used) unless you move them around or need the space?

Also, $1000 for 40lbs of speakers total seems outlandish



He chose two monitors for producing music, obviously.  The outlandish part is you're gauging a speaker's performance by its weight and cost, and not by its sound.



Good point, heard that a few too many years ago and never looked further into the speaker magnet weight being directley correlated to the magnetic field strength across the gap & maintaining that field strength.

I also didn't know that studio monitors are marketed for such producers and users to produce a flat tone. There are probably some other favorable aspects to provide a more true sound or whatever you're going for. I was a bit thrown off by the numbers I read but they're tailored for the market. Numbers however don't mean much too me, too much marketing oil and not enough devotion at this point in my life to really understand speakers. I'm sure they're awesome! Enoy!

I have yet to listen to any studio monitors that sound "better" to me than my two mains, subwoofer, EQ and HK receiver.


--------------------


:sunny::peace::sunny::

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just got my new monitors in........ [Re: The_Ghost]
    #15356577 -

The_Ghost said:
Nice1 :datass:



:mustnotfap: :mustnotfap: :mustnotfap: :mustnotfap: :mustnotfap: :mustnotfap: :mustnotfap: :mustnotfap: :mustnotfap: :mustnotfap: :mustnotfap: :mustnotfap: :mustnotfap: :mustnotfap: :mustnotfap: :mustnotfap: :mustnotfap: :mustnotfap:

My old trusty amplifier and speaker still work decently but that looks hot

:firecum:

Edited by Beanhead (11/11/11 04:32 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just got my new monitors in........ [Re: AcidMonster]
    #15356602 -

No worries mate, when it comes to listening to music people prefer a certain sound.  But for making music you gotta have the flattest frequency response possible to hear what the raw track data sounds like without any extra emphasis on a certain frequency range.  It's too bad lots of final mixes of pro recordings these days aren't done well and sound pretty bad on hi-fi equipment that's meant to reproduce music more accurately.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just got my new monitors in........ [Re: Psy Baba] * 1
    #27712481 -

Still using them?:smile:


--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just got my new monitors in........ [Re: twighead]
    #27712608 -

twighead said:
Still using them?:smile:



Yeah OP dewd you still using them? :confused:

:tantrika:


--------------------
:niffla:

ACADEMY AWARD WINNING ACTOR
WG32 KILLED HOFFA
PROFESSIONAL BALL BUFFERER
WORST NEIGHBORHOOD YARD OF 2026 WINNER
OTD’S FORMER PRODIGAL SON
TODAY IS BEER DAY

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just got my new monitors in........ [Re: Nifflerz]
    #27712621 -

You back Niff? A return from the greenery?


--------------------
Enjoy the process of your search without succumbing to the pressure of the result.

A Dorito is pizza, change my mind.

I’m sorry it had to be me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

North Spore Shop: Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* What you've all been looking for (hint: Niffla's sig)
( 1 2 all )
MrBlueYoMind 2,371 29 06/26/13 12:31 AM
by Repertoire89
* BitTorrent study finds most file-sharers are monitored
( 1 2 all )
Micawber 1,796 38 09/05/12 03:02 PM
by Soulidarity
* Question about triple monitor set-up x Ju x 429 8 11/04/09 09:48 AM
by frith
* Dual Monitor setup problem x Ju x 289 5 12/28/13 10:00 AM
by x Ju x
* New computer - AM I TRIPPIN - no where to plug in the monitor? PDU 736 12 10/20/07 06:49 PM
by PDU
* I need a good heart rate monitor for working out kanglow 232 5 07/28/12 03:50 PM
by kanglow
* my monitor does something weird.. stefan 615 4 02/27/07 10:27 AM
by Gumby
* FCC Considering Plan to "Monitor" Newsrooms Throughout U.S.
( 1 2 3 all )
mpd 2,153 43 02/20/14 06:32 PM
by zappaisgod

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,666 topic views. 1 members, 30 guests and 131 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.036 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 18 queries.