Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineBudtastic
College Bum
Summercamp Festival
    #2758841 - 06/03/04 12:05 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Did anyone here go to the summercamp festival last weekend in Illinois?  It was a pretty crazy experience.  It was supposed to be a 2 day festival of camping and great bands playing all day at the beautiful three sisters park.  The first day went off without a hitch, with lots of bands playing some great sets like MMW, Leftover Salmon, and then to close the day off, a exceptionally sweet performance by moe.  :stoned:

Then the next day is where the craziness occured.  At about 4 in the afternoon they made an announcement that a tornado was imminent and everyone had to evacuate the park.  Well, I had just eaten a half eighth of some pretty damn good mushies and I started freaking the fuck out. :crazy2:  Somehow, my girlfriend, who was also tripping, managed to be completely calm and wanted to get drunk more, even though she had to drive us to some unknown location.

So at this point everyone doesn't know where the hell they're gonna go since its just a bunch of broke ass hippies who traveled long distances.  Anyways, as we're driving its like a scene straight out of twister.  We're driving down this highway in the middle of nowhere, with just a bunch of farmlands all around.  It was freaky as hell all the clouds were really low and swirling around in whispy formations.  My ears were popping from the air pressure which was really weird, since for one I was tripping, and also I've never had my ears pop like that while driving before.

Then I look back and I see this freaky ass big twister off in the distance from where we had came from.  This made my and my companions pretty damn freaked the fuck out.  So we pulled over under a bridge and sat their for a while in our cars with a few other cars nearby that had also parked.  So we waited a while until all the craziness died down, found a hotel, got drunk and partied and made a night out of it.

Since all the bands had to cancel that day, they got them all to play tomorrow which was pretty cool, but it still just wasn't the same as it was the previous days.  Still, Keller, Jazz Mandolin and moe. all played some nice sets during the day to make up for the lost time.  Overall I would say this was a fun ass experience and is one to tell the grandkids.  :cool:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePhishgrrl
Walking in thetall trees...
 User Gallery

Re: Summercamp Festival [Re: Budtastic]
    #2758930 - 06/03/04 12:27 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Crazy! Glad you are ok, and it sounds like you had fun anyway. Hope the rest of the festival was great!

--------------------
Once in awhile you can get shown the light

In the strangest of places if you look at it right...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub