Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
my small little herb garden*pics*
    #2700636 -

i've never attempted to grow plants before because it seemed pointless in apartments but one day I just decided to try because its always been a dream to have an herb garden and eventually one day a vegatable garden. I'm very very proud of my little herb garden since those are the first plants I've manage to keep alive past the first week. Some I even grew from seeds! which was very very cool. So, don't laugh I know they are noobish but you gotta start somewhere right?



I grew the strawberrys from seed, the rosemary and tarragon I bought. The rosemary probably will need to be replanted since it doesn't seem to be growing but the tarragon and stawberries have doubled maybe tripled its size.. which is nice because I love tarragon.



those are garlic. they started growing in my pantry so I decided to plant them and see what happens. They got knocked over today by a ridiculously moronic dog I"m watching till friday.


cilantro.. yum..


chives and parsley. The parsley wilthered slightly when I first planted it but it seems to be growing nicely now.


I bought the catnip for my cats and I really didn't expect it to live very long around my 3 cats. In fact when I first bought it it was about 6 inches high and the cats ate all the top leaves. Its doing quite well even though the cats still have unlimited access to it. Eventually I would like to build a 3x3 small wooden box and fill it with catnip plants and just let my cats go at it.


well thats it. Its just the beginning. My vision is to have my entire patio filled with plants. Hopefully I'll make it to the greenhouse this weekend. I first wanted to prove to myself that I could keep these 10 alive longer than a week.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: my small little herb garden*pics* [Re: blu3]
    #2700732 -

Great pics and nice work!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: my small little herb garden*pics* [Re: blu3]
    #2700741 -

very Nice.You have a right to be proud,newb or not.  :thumbup:


--------------------
Butternut squash are softer than acorn or other types of squash, which makes them easier to cut and prepare.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: my small little herb garden*pics* [Re: blu3]
    #2700792 -

I've tried herb gardens before and all that came up was Sage, but then it died like a week after i transplanted it. Now I'm growing Lavender, Chocolate Mint, and Pineapple Sage. Which I bought from a local greenhouse. And you are doing an excellent job.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: my small little herb garden*pics* [Re: FreshCaps]
    #2700811 -

oh i forgot to add the pic of my sage
I got purple sage and regular sage. The purple sage took over the entire pot. Which is funny because when i first got them I got the purple sage 1/2 off because it was almost dead.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: my small little herb garden*pics* [Re: blu3]
    #2701068 -

that's a great start. basil is pretty nice to grow as well, like lemon basil, yummy stuff. enjoy!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: my small little herb garden*pics* [Re: blu3]
    #2701524 -

Nice work blu3! I have a lil hydro herb garden with purple basil, bay, oregano, rosemary and some hydro tomatos.( I like to make the sauce..lol)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: my small little herb garden*pics* [Re: GreenNinja]
    #2701616 -

I need to get some basil and oregano. Do you live in an apartment or house? I'd love to do a hydro set up but it seems a little much when I plan on moving. If all goes well I should have a house by next march. *crosses fingers*

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: my small little herb garden*pics* [Re: blu3]
    #2701835 -

awesome work.


--------------------
"Follow the medicine path with an open mind and a clear heart, and you will surely find inner peace and enlightenment."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: my small little herb garden*pics* [Re: pfshroomer]
    #2701905 -

blu3, I've grown in both. as long as you can clone your live plants, moving a hydro setup isn't that bad. Just drain the reservoirs, take clones, and set up again when you move in.

some times space is limited in an apt. so I do understand, but depending on the size, I've actually had some nice hydro gardens setup in apts.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: my small little herb garden*pics* [Re: GreenNinja]
    #2701942 -

I think it would be a riot if the cops broke down the door with a warrant and you had a hydro setup full of Rosemary and Basil,and a bunch of Mycobags full of Reishi.:lol:Nothing illlegal at all,That would be so funny,I bet you wouldnt ever get bothered again.


--------------------
Butternut squash are softer than acorn or other types of squash, which makes them easier to cut and prepare.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: my small little herb garden*pics* [Re: blu3]
    #2702527 -

Catnip is weedy.

It will take over the entire planter you have it in. It will survive any abuse your cats throw at it. In fact, it will even be okay if your cats roll around in it.

Have fun!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Garden Pics and Q?'s Olgualion 1,128 5 06/14/04 10:53 AM
by Olgualion
* Mealy bugs in patio garden. (pic) Seraph 1,374 6 10/24/03 05:29 PM
by Remut
* A shaman's garden: the green guru Aneglakya 3,866 13 06/07/04 09:55 PM
by Aneglakya
* Starting a garden..?? Legoulash 605 4 01/18/03 08:51 AM
by Crass
* A walk through da garden.. PICS.. iluan 678 4 07/07/04 12:06 AM
by iluan
* Just the garden(updated pics) Alsius 1,230 9 08/04/04 08:51 PM
by Alsius
* Ultimate Ethnobotanical Garden...(that would fit on a patio) HagbardCeline 2,583 14 10/07/03 06:53 AM
by eve69
* Cannabis Growers Unite!...The Official Cannabis Growers Thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 1566 1567 )
openmind 553,902 31,327 10/05/26 09:39 PM
by spirit_shadow

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
2,183 topic views. 1 members, 3 guests and 44 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.