Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: The Doors

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

A shaman's garden: the green guru
    #2768536 - 06/06/04 11:32 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Back by popular demand, I will post a few more pictures of my garden. A few from previous thread will be reposted here but enjoy the new ones..

Datura metel: I love datura metel and have about 30 large plants and many more seedlings. The flowers are highly potent to smoke, one puff and your blasted into hyper space. She is my allie and has brought me everything good in my life.

Brugmansia: I use to try to grow brugmansia indoors but it is much more practical outdoors. Never have I seen them this big. They started out about 8'' and are growing to 2'-3' already.

(The foam cooler is full of tobacco seedlings)

No better way to accent your metel garden then with Purple basil and Ruby Moon hybrid hyacinth. The first time I saw these hyacinth vines I fell in love. The flowers, shoots, and purple seed pods are edible and simply stunning!! I should have a nice seed stock by the end of the season to share with all of you. They are very easy to start and quick growing.

Purple Basil:

Chocolate mint:

One who follows the path of poisons would not be complete with out some fine Castor specimens:

And of course our beloved Pappy:

After a long day of harvesting d. metel flowers I sit back, relax, and smoke one of my Drew estates ACID cigars:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleshamantra
hobbyethnobotanist

Loc: ¯\(º_o)/¯
Re: A shaman's garden: the green guru [Re: Aneglakya]
    #2768546 - 06/06/04 11:39 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

very nice :smile: is datura metel the only datura you can smoke the flowers too?

--------------------
note: english is my 3rd languange, please ignore misspelling and poor english, im doing my best :smile:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ug98TKkWKy0

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#2768551 - 06/06/04 11:41 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I really love the color of d. metel. Probably one of the most beautiful purple-white combinations. I really wanted to grow some this year, but I didn't have the time or money. Plus, I might be moving so even if I did, it might be all for nothing.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

Re: A shaman's garden: the green guru [Re: Twirling]
    #2768559 - 06/06/04 11:45 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

If you like the metel color (which I LOVE) then you will deffinetally enjoy the Ruby Moon Hyacinth hybrid.. Check burpee seed co.. they may have some.. I bought some and 50% of the plants didn't produce hybrids, they produced the regular red variety. The Purple basil and Chocolate mint will do well with them too. My garden is color themed , black/purple are the main colors.. I have several Egg PLants (just for their beauty, im not harvesting them) and Black bell peppers too.

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#2768581 - 06/06/04 11:59 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I planted a bunch of eggplants this year as well (a rather half-assed attempt to plant anyway). I guess we have simular taste in plants! Couldn't find a picture of the Ruby Moon Hyacinth.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

Re: A shaman's garden: the green guru [Re: Twirling]
    #2768647 - 06/06/04 12:35 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

It seems that we do. This is my first year with egg plants.. They grow really fast and I'm just interested in their etherial fruits.. Dark spheres of pure evil.

http://www.burpee.com/shopping/product/d...eyword=hyacinth

They are out of the seeds right now, but don't worry, I will save them up for you guys. maybe even get some plants going and trade them out.

Offlinefelixhigh
KIA
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
    #2768868 - 06/06/04 02:25 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

the datura metel is impressive with it's concentric calyxes!

FH

InvisiblePsilostylin
Captain Save Em'
Loc: New Orleans!
    #2768957 - 06/06/04 02:57 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

beautiful garden. i really like the hyacinth...always reminds me of the Doors song :smile:

OfflineHooty
Reality isRelative

Re: A shaman's garden: the green guru [Re: Psilostylin]
    #2769116 - 06/06/04 04:06 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

yeah me too...

"What are they doing in the Hyacinth House..."

and I have a friend named hyacinth, she's got long pretty hair

"And I'll say it again, I need a brand new friend, the end."

--------------------

Without love in the dream
It will never come true

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ny/europe/other
    #2770474 - 06/07/04 01:04 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Beautiful

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

Offlinejackgreen
JG
Male
Re: A shaman's garden: the green guru [Re: Hooty]
    #2773134 - 06/07/04 11:09 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Alkaloid man I like you. Acid cigars are my favorite especially acid ones. Ever tried them, they are soaked in sangria, and its acids only non herbal cigar, but it sure is great. I keep a few on stash usually at all times. I didn't know you could smoke datura, is it only that species, or all? Are the effects the same as injesting it? Layta.

oh ya-ps lions tail is still lookin good, i stuck the clone deep in the soil, so i may transplant to get some more root growth, but Iam afraid to transplant yet incase there isn't alot of root developement, I don't want to kill it.

OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

Re: A shaman's garden: the green guru [Re: jackgreen]
    #2773180 - 06/07/04 11:16 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Keep in mind, smoking datura isn't the greatest idea. I do not condone the ingestion of this plant in anyway.. It simply is my chioce teacher. All species contain varying amounts of tropane alkaloids.

The one is excellent. I have some The One loose shag... very nice in my pipe. I've sampled most of the ACID line and have an ACID shirt on the way, along with another Natural Egg and Medusa..

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa
 User Gallery

#2773216 - 06/07/04 11:24 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Oh the medusa is also made by Acid?

OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

Re: A shaman's garden: the green guru [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #2773327 - 06/07/04 11:55 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Drew estates makes Kahlua, ACID, and Natural, Ambrosia.. and a few others.. Medusa is made by Drew estates (Owner is Jonathan Drew) under the line Natural. ACID and Natural are both infused with herbs and essential oils (around 200 different ones) and Natural change flavor when you smoke them.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: The Doors

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden