Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Humidity Meter, Perlite, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Casings having trouble. Help?
    #26970 - 08/03/00 04:39 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

The perlite-powered terrarium might be to moist for a casing. I put my cased trays in a container without extra humidifation, just sprayng the casing now and then and airing the container.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineThe Apothecary
    #26972 - 08/03/00 05:04 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I'm pretty confused about casing too, I think you don't really need to use perlite unless the container is pretty big; how big though, that's the question... Does anybody know what the right amount should be? I wouldn't want to put the stuff on the bottom (that's where it goes, isn't it? Shit, I don't think I know anything about casing!!!) and have too much or too little... How much do humidity gauges cost??
Boy, I'm more confused now than ever... :smile:

Offlinesutec
addict
    #26973 - 08/03/00 05:33 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I have found that 8"x8" "foil" pans work GREAT for casing. You can buy these pretty much anywhere that has a bakeware section. They're just square cake pans made out of aluminum.

I like to use at least 1 pt of substrate per pan (2 pf style jars). 2 pans will fit "perfectly" in a 10 gallon terrarium. I use 2" of perlite in my terrarium with about 1" of water (and some H202).

--------------------
Decriminalize:
NORML
DRCNet
MPP
ACLU Website

Anonymous

#26974 - 08/03/00 05:46 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I have a pretty big container (not sure the exact size) and I have heard from some pretty reliable source that you don't need a whole lot of humidity for casings, he even said that the moist vermiculite gives off enough humidity. But my question is (just like the above) is how big is too big. Because if my casings were in a ten gallon aquarium that would be a small space to fill with humidity, but, my container being larger probably wont get enough. So I have decided that instead of putting perlite all over the bottom of the container to just put perlite in one or two 8x8 trays to give just a little humidity. Anno, how big of a container do you keep your casings in?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Humidity Meter, Perlite, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation