Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon DXM

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleMESCALATO
hunting.
 User Gallery

Loc: Central Alabama
mushrooms+beer=not cool
    #2690310 - 05/17/04 08:08 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

just curious whats everyone elses opinion on mixing the two?
have any of you seen any one get extremely aggresive on just mushrooms?...or mushrooms mixed with alcohol.
i ask because i spent most of lastnite trying to keep my mom's boyfriend from kicking her ass my ass and waterbugs ass, while every one was tripping.
i have never seen any one get agrresive from fungi alone and he didn't go nuts untill he had drank 7-8 beers. he ended up putting away 17 beers in all.
shit calmed down untill his son came to pick him up to take him somewhere else to sober up but now i am afraid my mom and he will end up making amends and this will be treated like it never happened. i am at a loss as to what to say to my mother i have no idea what to say to make things better.thanks for reading this and please offer your suggestions on how i should react to this person now.
i keep kicking my self in the ass saying why did i have to give them mushrooms none of that would have happened i know i didnt make them eat the fungi i just feel so bad for the emotional hell my mom had to go through.
thanks for listening to me rant and if you frown on fungi and alc. pleas post your dislike here so i know im not alone.
thanks to everyone here i love this place

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
Re: mushrooms+beer=not cool [Re: MESCALATO]
    #2690318 - 05/17/04 08:16 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

well, once i and a stranger that i had just met that day, had a low dose of shrooms, and mixed it with alot of hot damb 101.
he ended up beating the shit out of me for no reason, but i was so drunk that i didn't feel it, or realize that i was tripping untill the next day.
so yes alchohol and shrooms are a bad mix. just alittle on the come up, and or down helps ease the transition though.

--------------------

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #2690331 - 05/17/04 08:25 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

drinking and tripping can be OK...
being drunk and tripping is often a bad idea...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflineWakeboardrB
Pepe Silvia
Male

Re: mushrooms+beer=not cool [Re: gnrm23]
    #2690471 - 05/17/04 10:28 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I find that I can't really get drunk while tripping. I once put away about 9 beers in a 2 hour period while tripping on 2g's of mushies and couldn't even feel the beer. I was wobbling a bit, but nothing too bad.

Btw, with my body weight, size, and the fact that I had an empty stomach, I should have been pretty drunk after about 5 beers.

Offlinefliped
The Lost One
Male

Loc: Pacific Northwest
    #2691259 - 05/17/04 03:01 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I have a friend that i used to take mushrooms with everyonce in a while untill he decided to drink a bunch of Corona after we just ate a large does of fresh Ps. Beaocytis(sp?) he started drinking before the efects came on and i warned that beer and shrooms do not mix well and he might end up puking from all the carbonation. He did not care what i said though and by the time that i noticed my trip begining he had already drank like 5 beers and i could tell he was strting to feel that trip as well. At thispoint he looks at me and says "i cant even taste the beer anymore" and begins to chuck his whole beer. Well i can tell already that this trip is not going to go how i had planed. So i pop up with this idea to go out into the woods and get him away from the beer. Well he grabs a backpack and fills it with beer we get to the woods and he drinks about 7 to 8 more beers and i can tell he is effected by them. He sits down after a while and goes complelry silent, after a while i tried to talk to him and he started to yell and scream and started to swing punces at me and grab what he could and throw and swing at me and this is all while i am in the peak of my trip. I end up being able to miss all of his punches but he got me in the side of the face with a long branch and cut me pretty good on the side of my head. At this point i just said fuck it i need to stop him so i just charged him full on and tackeled him to the ground and held him down for about an hour untill he seeemed sober enough to be released. He did not remember atacking me or anything at all really. that was defintley one of my worst trips thoguh.

Wow, i really started to go off on this story well anyways shroom+beer IMO=very bad

OfflineAaladorn
 User Gallery

Loc: Texas
Re: mushrooms+beer=not cool [Re: fliped]
    #2691436 - 05/17/04 03:37 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Alcohol and mushrooms is a good combo, just don't over do the alcohol.

Try a Guinness or two while you're tripping, it's really good beer. It has low alcohol content and low carbination, it's really trip friendly.

I've also drank lots of rum with a friend while tripping at a party, I didn't really get drunk, but I got a warm tingly feeling. That was a great night.

usually the problem with alcohol, is the person drinking it.
I have a friend of a friend that is a total ass when he's drunk, but when he's sober, he's tolerable, and occasionally nice. I'd never want this guy to be on shrooms though, he'd fuck shit up bigtime.

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #2691597 - 05/17/04 04:10 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Theres nothing wrong with a few beers before you come up. But drinking while your tripping seems dumb.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

OfflineFatVsAsia
missing thehappy days...
 Arcade Champion: Tontie

Loc: Bolinas, California
    #2693040 - 05/17/04 09:48 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

i've only drank once while tripping and it was really fun, but i didn't drink beer, i drank hard alc.

--------------------
Smoke The Weed

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
Re: mushrooms+beer=not cool [Re: FatVsAsia]
    #2693406 - 05/17/04 11:02 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Indeed. I prefer hard liquor myself.

OfflineSkinnymofo
lalala
Loc: Seattle
    #2693477 - 05/17/04 11:16 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

first time i tried drinking with mushrooms it just wouldnt happen, the beer taste just started making me sick. although i usually am a fan of kokanee it just wasnt working for me
second time i threw a party at my house, my friend and i put together my new ping pong table and downed a handful of cyanescens and once another friend came over we started playing for shots/shrooms.
flash forward a few hours--the 2nd friend who had never taken mushrooms before and had a couple shots of gin was completly out of his mind. my first friend who smoked some weed during ended up being totally fucked and hung his head over my deck railing for about 3 hours.
i sobered up. it was weird because i had a large amount of mushrooms and these ones were pretty potent this year and probably half a bottle of various liquors. i did have the come down stare apparently though, but no euphoria.
edit- i dont believe alcohol/psilo together is too good for the liver either~

Edited by Skinnymofo (05/19/04 12:50 AM)

OfflineNickatina
journeyman
Male
Loc: Bay Area, California.
    #2693985 - 05/18/04 12:46 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I always feel to drained to even think about drinking after I trip. I just like to lay down on a couch and smoke a blunt and think about shit. I can't imagine myself drinking till the next day..

InvisibleMESCALATO
hunting.
 User Gallery

#2695030 - 05/18/04 07:03 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

wow look at all of the replies thank all of you so VERY VERY much. its really nice to know that similar situations have occured ( even though they are not great situations its nice to relate to some one else )

i have yet to talk to my mom or her boyfriend (the guy who got way to F-up)
i am going out there this afternoon so mabey i will get an apology from him but i dont think my mother should be with some one who is like that i know its not my place at all to tell her who she can be with, she is a grown woman but i just am afraid of what may happen to her in the future.
i guess i could just not give them mushrooms anymore but i love to trip with my mom...
oh man this really sucks besause it is going to change alot of things between the important people in my life and i am not one for confrotation.
thanks for all of your support shroomery members you are good people here and i want you all to know that . :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleDepthToTheCore
JeeBuzz
Male User Gallery
Loc: Australia brah
    #2695107 - 05/18/04 08:21 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

hey man sorry to hear what happened. I have just previously mixed the 2 in fairly large quantities and felt like i was on ecstasy. I was highly euphoric and friendly throughout the whole trip, so it varies from person to person im guessing.....hope everything goes well with your mom too :smile:

--------------------

"Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music." - George Carlin

Offlinemojuice
bored

#2695837 - 05/18/04 02:05 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

In the past I've mixed various beers and liquors with mushrooms to get a very nice slowed down trip/chill effect. A couple weeks ago, though, I was at a place with free unlimited liquor, any kind, and sherbert/gin/soda punch bowls. Well I got moderately drunk after about 5-7 drinks then got .7 or so of some good, potent cubes from this dude at the place. Well I threw back the cubes with a strong chug of some punch. Took a lil while, but after about 30 minutes the shrooms started to make a prescence. By that time I had to have had at least 12 strong, strong drinks. Well I had a dislike for the piss poor environment of this gatehring and half the people there looked liek they had one foot in the grave, the were just so fucking pathetic. The disliked were mostly people with very low intellects/crackheads/tweekers. The mushrooms helped me to express my dislike in very real shit talk that hit them close to home. This made them sad drunks. Ok well the shrooms helped me with the unlimited alcohol since I pretty much drank like a fish and became the bartender guy for a good 45 minutes or so. I drank a lot. A few shots of jack, few shots of cuervo, few shots of bacardi limon, few shots shit i have no way of remembering. The place sucked ass, it was a starving artist housing project kinda place with piss poor souls in search of their meaning of life that I was not interested in. There were a few cool people there and that kept me out fo my shit talk for a good time. I had fun bartending and pouring up generous drinks for people too. Well I wanted to leave and after bartending got old I went back to shit talking. I had to wait for this worthless, worthless, worthless alcoholic bitch to get there before my ride would take me away. So I waited and waited and made some new enemies and some new friends. Finally I left, and in doing so I threw out from my rides car a glass mug in the back seat. I wouldn't have thrown the mug, I was just holding it and looking at it, but one of my good friends sitting in the back with me said don't throw the cup. I said what? He said don't throw the mug. I said i dont give a fuck and chunked that bitch. Well this made my bud unhappy since he couldn't grasp that a fucking mug is a worthless piece of porcelain. That is about the time things get hazy and memory loss kicks in. I got to said friends house and don't remember anything after that. I was told that I threw an xbox controller across his living room and tryed to start a fight with his roommate by slapping a cup of water he was holding all over him for apparently no good reason. I probably threw the controller since it was a 3rd party wireless piece of shit that needed a firm fucking press on any button for it to work right and I didn't even like it sober. I haven't beat the shit out of anyone recently so I probably felt like it was about time and thats probably why I tried to start a fight his roommate. anyways, I woke up the next moring with my shirt off asleep on he futon and say fuck i was fucked up and gather my shit and leave, forgetting to close the dude's front doot behind me. I caught a lot of shit for the next few days because of my actions. Hopefully this will give you some insight into the drunk/tripping mindset. Sorry for the zero paragraph breaks.

OfflineSterile
mushroom lover
 User Gallery

Loc: under the Amanita
    #2698633 - 05/18/04 10:44 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

A close friend of mine, was found by the police hellicopter, while running naked in a park in the UK.

His friends where all looking for him as he disapeared after eating a bowl full of shrooms and a bottle of wine.

The guy was taken to the mental clinic, and his parents had to come from another country to pick up their son.

He was for many months on medication and only left the house with his parents.
After a while he was better, but started having crisis attacks every now and then.

I recently found out that he had another flashback.

I think that mixing shrooms with alcohol is a sick idea.I always used to think of it like that, alcohol's trip is so poor compared with the shrooms...

--------------------
The Source Of The Force
Is The Power Of The Mind

"if you don't like what you're doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove." - timothy leary"
Anno: "-I can do anything with those clouds!"
Annos Tek

InvisibleMESCALATO
hunting.
 User Gallery

Re: mushrooms+beer=not cool [Re: mojuice]
    #2700028 - 05/19/04 07:26 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

mojo- yeah that gives me a little more insight to what the person i am refering to was thinking, he started going off the deep end by critisizing everyone's flaws and so on till it progressed to true aggression. going on and on about women show bow down to men and do their biding basicly.
just a little update on my mom.....she is doing really well, she has broken her ties with that guy and i think she is cherring up a little. she will make it she is the strongest person in the world..... to me.

thanks all of you for sharing your stories sounds like the general rule is drink in moderation while on mushrooms and dont drink on them at all if your an aggresive type of person.

--------------------

Anonymous

#2700076 - 05/19/04 08:18 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

man this that makes me think of a friend of mine who had some girl he never seen before peeking in his windows, all crazy looking he said.  She got onto the porch and broke a bunch of wine bottles yelling shit and being crazy, then she ran back outside, couldnt find her.

later he saw her looking through the window again, and he fucking punched her ass right through the window :shocked: hahah, stupid bitch, he didnt give a fuck at all, cut his hand up good too. but the bitch got up and ran away, never found out who the fuck it was or what she was on. Makes me wonder if she was drunk at a nearby party and then ate some shrooms and wondered off delusional, hmmmm, hard telling what she was on though.

Offlinemojuice
bored

Re: mushrooms+beer=not cool [Re: ]
    #2700228 - 05/19/04 10:07 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Lol if she was tripping she'd probably be scared as hell.

OfflineToke420
Stranger
Re: mushrooms+beer=not cool [Re: mojuice]
    #5192735 - 01/17/06 10:57 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

my friend drank 8 beers and 2 tabs of acid, he hides in his moms room, crys, locks him slef ina closet, jumps off teroof, misses the tree and lmost dies, hides in his broken down car and screamed everytime we tried to talk to him, he later beat the shit out of himself. i was on 3 tabs and consider the whole fiasco "THE NIGHT OF HELL", everytime i enterd a room all i would be able to picture is blood everywhere and his dead body cut open in the center. but the whole time i hada smile behind every thought, so the night ended up not being a total waste.

another time on a full dose(1/8th) of shrooms he locked him self in his room and cried.

ANOTHER time on DXM he sat on his computer and complained how it wasent as good as Tripple C's

ONCE on E him and 3 other of my friend justsat arond and smoked, and complained how they never felt anything, but yet they were all smoking compulsivly. Bowl after Bowl after Bowl to the bitch, I DONT FEEL ANYTHING, THIS E IS FAKE

meanwhile i was walking around the backyard playing with glowsticks on strings for 6 hours while grinding my teeth and calling anyone i can on my cell phone and dancing in the light. (good night :-D)

YET HE STILL DOES DRUGS EXPECTING TO MAKE HIM HAPPY, HE LOVES THE IDEA OF DRUGS BUT DOSNT LIKE EXPERIANCING THEM.

i havent done anytihngwith him in awhile or ever plan on doing it with him agian

AND YET HE STILL DOES DRUGS

Offlinemediman0078
Stilllooking.....

Loc: Here, there, EVERYWHERE
Re: mushrooms+beer=not cool [Re: Toke420]
    #5194374 - 01/18/06 11:17 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I like a six pack of beer when coming down off shrooms, just to take the edge off that strung out feeling, but no more than that. I can't really feel it anyway, it just helps me to relax and get sleepy.

--------------------
........someday I'll find it.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon DXM

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience