Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

Re: which strain of cubensis to buy?
    #267181 - 03/07/01 11:47 AM (23 years, 1 month ago)

Kast, you obviuosly haven't grown out enough strains of cubensis to know what your talking about.
Doesn't surprise me from all the negative crap I see you post.

surf on over to www.thehawkseye.com and see a wide variety of cubs showing many different growth characteristics and beauty.

I find these mushroosm are like mariuana, they all give different "vibes" and different kind of highs.
Some are very energetic body highs, some more relaxed and dreamy, some more visual, some give different color spectrums, some heighten the senses more then others, some easier on the body and muscles, some give much deeper spiritual communication, (hint, mexican strains :) ). Some do better in heat, others do better in cooler temps.
Some are much more potent then others. Some cubs have even formed sclerotia. They DO have many different characteristics.
Even Jochen Gartz points out in some of his books how their are many other "unknown" alkaloids found in psilocybin mushrooms that scientist have not figured out how these other alkaloids react to the psilocin/psilocybin when processed by our body and mind.

Kast says" "To PF or not to PF" because the PF race is the only cubensis I know of that is extremely original. "

Kast, your a joke. I'll point out the Treasure Coast strain which throws off 3 different sub-strains including white, albino flushes .... just to shoot down that statement and your whole comment cubs are all the same with a pretty name.

So many beautiful strains to play with.

-peace-
www.thehawkseye.com

--------------------
-Peace-

High Quality MUSHROOM SPORES and CULTURES  for microscopy at www.muShrooms.com

muShrooms.com is the new web site of
www.thehawkseye.com

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKast
old hand
Re: which strain of cubensis to buy? [Re: Ryche Hawk]
    #267546 - 03/07/01 12:27 PM (23 years, 1 month ago)

You don't impress me Ryche. And I'm not going to begin a battle of wits. I have every right to say what I believe without you being a prick.

I will maintain my belief. Cubensis is Cubensis, PERIOD.

OfflineBaliquez
journeyman
Re: which strain of cubensis to buy? [Re: Kast]
    #267584 - 03/07/01 01:47 PM (23 years, 1 month ago)

My opinion.
I think that at first you want it to be nice. Years before I started with the pfclassic, it was UGLY. Colonization was slow and wispy, and when I cased them, almost all pins aborted later. The PF-GT`Hawaii` was much faster, healthier, and actually better.
Aesthetics counts a lot.

I don`t wan`t to waste my time and even eat retard fatass slimey uncapped sick shrooms - even they called `classic`.

I wanna have big, nice, good looking shrooms, that`s why i started this hobby, and the best I`ve got overall was the pfgt`HI`.

I think, that any recommended strain must be:
- domesticated (not like Colombian, which needs a little more work)
- fast-colonyzing (in optimal temperature, of course)
- stringy rhizomorphic (later can be improved by the hobbyst)
- to grow nice, big, healthy fruits

Beacuse it is possible that newbies lose on or two casing due to later contamination, its better to make little casing trays also.

Just my two cents, i didn`t said nothing new :)

Baliquez

---------------------------------------------------------------
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery
None but ourselves can free our minds... BM

--------------------
"You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make him drink. Having the choice means everything."

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

#267595 - 03/07/01 02:02 PM (23 years, 1 month ago)

LOL.. looking at my post above and mispelling marijuana.... silly J key. The shroomery needs a spell checker for ppl like me always typing to fast :) Anyone know how to edit a post once its been posted ?

Thats ok Kast, you dont impress me either.
And your right Kast, and such world known mycologist as Gartz is wrong. All the strains we have played with and seen grown, eaten and experienced, and all the pictures on our web site. I'm wrong. Its all wrong. All the 1000's of ppl who visit these forums and express the differences they see in the strains of cubensis are wrong. Kast is right, cubensis is cubensis. They are all the same with a pretty name. They all grew in the same cow field from one cave man shitting in the right place thousands of years ago. Cubensis have not attapted to their growing conditions and environments around the world to survive to spread their seed/spore. They all look the same and give the exact same "vibe" and "high"... except of course the amazing aborting mutated pf classic.

Man, I need to rethink this spore business thing. I'm doing it all wrong. Kast will you come to work for us? :)
We need someone like you to handle the pulic relations work.

-peace-
www.thehawkseye.com

--------------------
-Peace-

High Quality MUSHROOM SPORES and CULTURES  for microscopy at www.muShrooms.com

muShrooms.com is the new web site of
www.thehawkseye.com

Offlinetoadlicker

#267621 - 03/07/01 03:03 PM (23 years, 1 month ago)

In my humble opinion the strain you pick is similar to having a favorite football team. I have ordered from PF and received a syringe that was not very esthetically pleasing but my jars are doing well. I have also gotten some from the Sporechicks. These girls definitely put a little love into their packages. They look nice, have heavy spore content, have sharp needles, 12 cc's instead of 10 and are placed inside a protective cover. Here you pay more - you get more. PF did deliver a few days earlier than the Chicks but it was only a few days. Now, in my experience with the strains, there is a difference in the way you react to them. Unfortunately, everyone reacts differently.

Hawk, could you expound on the differences for us? What strain gives the most spectacular colors?

Kast, I appreciate your thoughts and your help with anyone who wants to learn.

OfflineKast
old hand
    #267691 - 03/07/01 04:43 PM (23 years, 1 month ago)

You started this so don't blame it on my "negative" attitude. You are right, there are differences between strains but they ARE strains. You've done an excellent job of portraying the differences but haven't said anything about the similarities. So I will provide my rebuttle in class debate form.

1) You speak of a "vibe". The user's experience is usually unique, vibes are usually different from trip-to-trip and from user-to-user, there is no sure-fire way to measure such an odd effect. Just because you felt "smooth" on one mushroom doesn't mean Joe Shmoe will. Unless you have scientific evidence of such a thing, I don't think it's fair using it as ammunition in flaming me.

2) Gartz, of course, is NOT wrong. And that is why these are STRAINS of cubensis, not different species. They MUST have some similarities or they would be different species, or genera, right?

3) When you open a field guide, do you see a listing for every strain of Cubensis? Of course not; What DO you see? One listing for "Psilocybe Cubensis".

4) All strains will grow within the same general conditional ranges. Whether or not one strain "does better" in cooler temperatures does not mean it wont grow in the same temperatures as other cubensis.

5) All strains are considered "easy" to grow.

6) All strains are coprophilic and grow on the same substrates with ease.

7) All have the same GENERAL macroscopic appearances, with most differences usually in size and shape. (i.e. The Thailand Koh Samui is one that I would say is very odd looking for a Cubensis, at least from the pictures, I've never grown this strain).

8) All Cubensis have sub-strains, in fact, every mycelium has sub-strains. Just because Treasure Coast throws out albinos doesn't make it a better or worse candidation for cultivation.

9) As for the sclerotia thing, I can't say you're wrong because I don't know. I've never known any Cubensis to make sclerotia, please state your source of information. (And some anonymous hippie isn't a viable source).

-----

When I said they're the same, I meant it in more of a mycological sense and not in a drug-user sense. The reason I said PF was different was BECAUSE it has such odd characteristics, whether they're "mutations" or not.

I was being sarcastic when I said "pretty name" and maybe that was overdoing it on my part. And in the future, please don't flame me unless I provoke you. It's really annoying when someone of your caliber makes sarcastic accuasations and calls me a "joke"; It takes a lot of will-power to keep from going off the handle. I do my best to help whoever I can, whenever I can.

OfflineKast
old hand
    #267694 - 03/07/01 04:45 PM (23 years, 1 month ago)

The third sentence is supposed to read: "...classIC debate form"

Offlinebmmagic
Stranger
Loc: Texas
    #271580 - 03/14/01 09:40 AM (23 years, 1 month ago)

I've been lurking here for some time and just recently registered. It seemed pretty much common sense to me what the original poster was asking. Which strain of P. Cubenesis should I get and are they different?

Saying they are the same in this context is WRONG. Most, if not all, the people posting here want fast, healthy growth and potent to boot. Analogies are flawed to a degree but I think this one sticks pretty well......

Dogs are all in the same species but a German Shepherd has characteristics unlike a terrier. They are both dogs and they are very different in many ways. People who own dogs seem to pick the breed that has desirable characteristics. Same goes with shrooms and I think that is what the original poster was asking..........

Similarities aside, which strain is better for growth (ease of, cost, etc), quantity, and potency.

OfflineKast
old hand
Re: which strain of cubensis to buy? [Re: bmmagic]
    #271631 - 03/14/01 11:18 AM (23 years, 1 month ago)

Your analogy, as well as many others, is also flawed. I suppose this is because fungi are unlike any other living organism on this planet. There simply isn't a "correct" explanation of such things.

If I were to morph your analogy, it would read as such: Dogs are the same GENERA and German Shepherds are the species. And in order for this analogy to work, there needs to be individual STRAINS of German Shepherds; This one likes cold, this one doesn't. This one jumps higher, this one doesn't, etc.

But even so, it isn't a correct explanation. The most diversity comes with sub-strains, or strains which are isolated from our favorite races. They can vary to phenomenal degrees comparative to the remainder of the race's usual characteristics.

In my first post, I listed the strains that, in my opinion, are better for growth as a beginner. Potency with Psilocybe Cubensis never falls below .1% and never above .6%, despite which strains you are cultivating and the potency is more correlated to the method of growing rather than the strain itself.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags