Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Roger Waters solo... good or no?
    #2664677 -

I love Pink Floyd a ton... except the ones after Roger Waters left (The Division Bell, Momentary Lapse of Reason, etc).

I just found out Waters has solo stuff... is it worth getting?

Of course what I really want is more CDs with Waters + Syd Barrett, but there are none...


--------------------
"I'm afraid of losing my obscurity. Genuineness only thrives in the dark. Like celery."
- Aldous Huxley

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Roger Waters solo... good or no? [Re: TinTree]
    #2664729 -

Lemme tell ya i like Waters a bunch but his solo stuff is really horrible...I love what he did with Floyd and really tried to make myself like his solo stuff...its just crappola to the third degree
Dont waste your money like i did


--------------------
So hard to be ....WDWGFH?
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty


You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrist office:biker:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Roger Waters solo... good or no? [Re: OldSpice]
    #2664732 -

I agree


--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Roger Waters solo... good or no? [Re: TinTree]
    #2664744 -

Damn :frown:


--------------------
"I'm afraid of losing my obscurity. Genuineness only thrives in the dark. Like celery."
- Aldous Huxley

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Roger Waters solo... good or no? [Re: OldSpice]
    #2664754 -

I like The Pros And Cons Of Hitchhiking, I listened to it in my garden the other night and the plants liked it too, 'cept the parts when Roger was screamin' at 'em  :crazy:


--------------------
"If I don't see ya' in the future, I'll see ya' in the pasture"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Roger Waters solo... good or no? [Re: BluMonkee]
    #2664778 -

Dont get me wrong because i love what Waters did ...It just doesnt click anymore and when he tryed to shut the show down for Gilmour,Mason and Wright it was just like a small boy who was pissed and tryed to take his ball home so no one could play...very selfish


--------------------
So hard to be ....WDWGFH?
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty


You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrist office:biker:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Roger Waters solo... good or no? [Re: OldSpice]
    #2664794 -

Yeah... Waters was a bit of a mad control freak, particularly towards the end of his stint in Pink Floyd.

Oh well... I'll just listen to the Madcap Laughs again.


--------------------
"I'm afraid of losing my obscurity. Genuineness only thrives in the dark. Like celery."
- Aldous Huxley

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Roger Waters solo... good or no? [Re: OldSpice]
    #2664803 -

so you do like his music, you just don't like him because he's a selfish prick  :wink:


--------------------
"If I don't see ya' in the future, I'll see ya' in the pasture"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Roger Waters solo... good or no? [Re: BluMonkee]
    #2664814 -

I tryed liking his solo stuff but it is so subpar without a decent guitarist...Do you want his solo cd`s cause i wont ever listen to them ever ....


--------------------
So hard to be ....WDWGFH?
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty


You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrist office:biker:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Roger Waters solo... good or no? [Re: OldSpice]
    #2664834 -

sure, I'd like to hear 'em just because I haven't  :thumbup:
hmmmmm, don't know what I could come up with to trade ya' though  :smirk:


--------------------
"If I don't see ya' in the future, I'll see ya' in the pasture"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Roger Waters solo... good or no? [Re: BluMonkee]
    #2665030 -

I`ll gladly send you the Gilmour solo stuff...I know i owe you but you need Gilmours music ...trust me on this one pm me your addy


--------------------
So hard to be ....WDWGFH?
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty


You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrist office:biker:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Roger Waters solo... good or no? [Re: OldSpice]
    #2665120 -

I'll do it  :wink: by the way, you don't owe me nuthin'  :wink:
thanks paw


--------------------
"If I don't see ya' in the future, I'll see ya' in the pasture"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Roger Waters solo... good or no? [Re: BluMonkee]
    #2665143 -

Without you this would have never occured

Yeah its safe to say i owe you dude...Blumonkee Copes are mighty fine :thumbup:


--------------------
So hard to be ....WDWGFH?
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty


You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrist office:biker:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Roger Waters solo... good or no? [Re: TinTree]
    #2665174 -

Its funnny you mention Roger Waters because just earlier this evening I put in a Roger Waters bootleg from a show I saw in '99.  I hardly ever listen to it just because it's a not-so-good stealth recording.  But that show was awesome.  The guitarist rivaled Gilmour (at least in the purely technical level, Gilmour is still a genious don't get me wrong) and they had awsome sound effects to accompany the songs.  The whole band was great and Roger put on a stellar performance.  I'm not really familiar with his solo albums but if you ever see that he is touring, GO SEE IT!  They did like 85% Floyd songs.  One of my greatest concert memories.  Great light show too.  Well the acid helped a little too.  :smile:


--------------------

Goin' where the water tastes like wine.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Roger Waters solo... good or no? [Re: kosmic_charlie]
    #2665250 -

Sounds good and i will ck it out ...Gilmour and Waters did a showing onstage recently and they actually shook hands so who knows what tomorrow might bring


--------------------
So hard to be ....WDWGFH?
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty


You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrist office:biker:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Roger Waters solo... good or no? [Re: TinTree]
    #2665263 -

It all depends on what you like. I, personally, enjoy the Waters' solo stuff. It's a bit heavy conceptually, but no more so, than say, "The Wall." If I had to rank them in order of preference, I would rank them:

1) "Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking"
2) "Amused to Death"
3) "Radio KAOS"

There's a live album from a few years ago, and also an old soundtrack album from the early seventies called, "Music from the Body." There is also another soundtrack album from about a decade or so ago, for an animated film, but I forget the name of it -- I don't own it, and have never heard it.

He's supposedly been working on an opera for the Sony Classical label, but I'm beginning to wonder if it will ever surface as a product. It should have been done a long time ago.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Roger Waters solo... good or no? [Re: Papaver]
    #2665362 -

The freaky ones reside here Pappy :confused:
http://www.pinkfloyd-co.com/phpBB2/


--------------------
So hard to be ....WDWGFH?
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty


You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrist office:biker:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Roger Waters solo... good or no? [Re: TinTree]
    #2665409 -

Just get some of the rare Floyd with Syd days recordings.





--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Roger Waters solo... good or no? [Re: TinTree]
    #2665610 -

I like his solo stuff, but then again I had to see him perform some of it on the In The Flesh tour for it to really 'click.' A lot of music is like that, though.


--------------------
_______________________________________________________________
namaste said:
no flamz in da ODD, if you got nothing to contribute then keep yo lips zipped
_________________________________________________________________

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Roger Waters solo... good or no? [Re: TinTree]
    #2665742 -

Roger Waters almost did everything writing animals (I think anyway) and that is a great pink floyd album. When he does PF material live he seems most at home when doing his animals stuff. Aside from the animals material I prefer pink floyd songs that are sung mostly by Gilmour.

There are dvds of him live and they seem pretty ok from the audio. I'm sure many of you, like myself are absolutely salivating about the prospect of pulse on dvd. I have been waiting a long time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Roger Waters anti-Iraq war songs LearyfanS 1,519 4 10/03/04 03:20 PM
by question_for_joo
* Pink Floyd Sugestions
( 1 2 all )
EuphoricDreams 4,546 34 06/05/03 07:28 AM
by mr_kite
* New Deadhead Puzzle
( 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 all )
kosmic_charlie 10,545 182 04/30/04 12:08 AM
by Adom
* Favorite bands?
( 1 2 3 all )
simplemachine 5,043 41 10/03/03 02:37 PM
by jarby
* 2 reasons why I'll start listening to the dead now. RedNucleus 1,299 15 06/07/04 02:49 PM
by iloveraving
* Pubs First Heavyweight Bout...Jerry Garcia Vs David Gilmour
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
OldSpice 13,456 123 10/26/11 11:44 PM
by broken
* questions for shroomery guitarists
( 1 2 all )
beejay 3,417 26 11/17/04 06:11 PM
by abhi
* My David Gilmour gig review Colonel Kurtz Ph.D 1,004 9 03/24/06 02:35 PM
by Deadmaker

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,796 topic views. 4 members, 31 guests and 83 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 18 queries.