Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Reoccuring themes in your dreams?
    #2656133 - 05/09/04 08:01 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I was wondering what types of dreams that everyone has.

I have some themes in my dreams that always reoccur themselves:

1.) I'm being chased by someone in greater authority then me, and I have to evade them. This usually leads me hiding in some odd areas, and maybe even sprouting wings to evade capture.

2.) I'm in an arena of some with a bunch of other people, and like the gladiators we all have to kill one another to see who is the last one standing. Weird too.

3.) I'm trying to go mushroom hunting, and either can't find the time or nobody will go with me. So I end up going alone and getting lost in the great wilderness.

4.) I dream of my horse that I used to have. She always appears dead or ghostly in my dream, and I'm always trying to save her life throughout the dream.

So those are my four most common dreams. What about you?

Edited by EllemyshShade (05/09/04 08:07 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleeric_the_redS
Trans-male User Gallery

Loc: happy land
Re: Reoccuring themes in your dreams? [Re: MOTH]
    #2656141 - 05/09/04 08:05 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

it doesn't matter what the dream may be about, i somehow manage to shatter or lose all my teeth in many of my dreams.

--------------------
Anno cock? is that some kind of Greek liqueur? -Geo's All Knowing Sex Slave

OfflineLuNaTiX
Quarterback
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #2656202 - 05/09/04 08:42 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I remember one where I end up murdering people in the most diturbing way, the even more disturbing part was that I barely felt any guilt, and it wasn't even a nightmare. But maybe it was the heat in my room that did it :confused:

--------------------

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Las Vegas
    #2656249 - 05/09/04 09:06 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Most of my life I have dreamt about plane crashes. I am never in the plane. I am always a witness on the ground and a plane (something big like a jet-liner) will come smashing to the ground in a firey blaze within 100 yards of me.

I can't begin to recall how many versions of this dream I've had. And I have no fear of flying. In fact, I love flying. And in my dreams there is never any fear either. Instead, I am usually thinking "Holy shit! That was fucking awesome!!!"

--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

OfflineAislingGheal
A wave on the ocean
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Northern Ohio
Re: Reoccuring themes in your dreams? [Re: eric_the_red]
    #2656257 - 05/09/04 09:14 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Eric, all I can say is ... Ouch!

The themes that occur for me most often are;
1. Snake dreams. The first vivid dream I can remember ever having was about walking in the wooded lot across the street from my house (about 1 acre) and as I got to the center of the lot snakes appeared everywhere, thousands of them, the ground for as far as I could see was covered with them, they were even in the trees. I was 4 years old when I first had this dream I think and it scared me something fierce. In the dream I was screaming and running to get out of the woods, stepping on snakes with every step, and of course the woods had grown endless, I couldn't find a way out. Then I would wake up shaking, sweating, breathing hard. I've had this same dream, in different natural settings, several times a year, every year. I'm in my 30's now and I still have this dream every so often, and I just don't know why.

2. The garden dream. This dream has occurred repeatedly since I was about 28 years old. It's incredibly vivid as well, but the setting never really changes, it's always the same place. I dream that I'm walking in a beautiful Japanese garden, like you would find on an old estate or the grounds of a museum. There are shrubs sculptured into all sorts of shapes, spirals predominately, marble fountains, flagstone pathways, and monuments with very intricate designs on them, designs that look like a cross between Celtic style and Arabic style. So many different flowers and trees, the whole garden laid out with a perfect symmetry, it's like the garden of the Gods. I can't describe it well enough, the beauty is staggering, the feeling when I'm there is bliss. I usually have this dream when I'm under great stress, and I always feel refreshed when I awake from it. If it was possible I would stay in that dream forever, I'm so happy when it comes back.

--------------------

"I hate having to pick between the lesser of two evils. But I'm glad Obama was elected. McCain was another war monger. I'd rather deal with our country going into debt than trying to take on afghanistan...oh wait FUCK!" - Fungus_tao

Offlineabhi
Why not?
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: in some small dive
Re: Reoccuring themes in your dreams? [Re: AislingGheal]
    #2661276 - 05/10/04 08:09 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I'd have to flip through my dream journal to see if there was anything reoccuring in teh last month or two. But other than that the only thing I remember from dreams a long time ago with reapeats was me dying, but getting back up after.

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: Reoccuring themes in your dreams? [Re: abhi]
    #2661281 - 05/10/04 08:12 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I wish I knew what my dreams mean. If they mean anything at all.

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Loc: A rare and different tune
    #2661286 - 05/10/04 08:14 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

i had a dream a few nights ago that jeff foxworthy was chaising me on me :lol:

--------------------

Anonymous

#2661595 - 05/11/04 12:21 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Post History Deleted Upon User's Request

Anonymous

#2661616 - 05/11/04 12:33 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Post History Deleted Upon User's Request

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
    #2661670 - 05/11/04 01:01 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Yes, I do actually.

Zombies, I've had probably more than 20 zombie dreams throughout the last decade. They are always very terrifying too... the most recent one, was actually last night. It appears the zombies have gotten a lot faster and smarter in my dreams too. Perhaps from seeing the remake of Dawn Of The Dead.

Anyways, in my dream they were just so intense, and they were everywhere... and I was behind a fence with a few people. and they were starting to climb, and there was no way out. There were other people before... but I saw them getting ripped to shreds, and eaten in front of me.

It was probably the most intense one I've had... I felt my heart pounding throughout in the dream, I thought I was going to have a heart attack.
When I woke up, I was exhausted both mentally and physically.

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
Re: Reoccuring themes in your dreams? [Re: ]
    #2661681 - 05/11/04 01:07 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Not being able to wake up from a dream? I once dreamt, that pirates were coming after me, and I knew I was dreaming, so I jumped out a window and woke up.:lol:

Offlinebolie
friend youhavent met yet

Loc: New Zealand
Re: Reoccuring themes in your dreams? [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #2662724 - 05/11/04 10:42 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I also have the teeth breaking or falling out dream. I haven't done much research into it but I know that I am not terribly anxious or have money problems. I am a bit in debt but paying it off at a steady rate.

I have these all the time and now use the to induce lucid dreams. When ever I do anything to do with my teeth I reality check and 90% of the time I go lucid.

My other occuring theme is being in a situation of lots of people in extremly good spirits...like say a big outdoor festival or something like that. There thing that always makes it reccurring is everyone is completly happy...buzzing with good vibes and relaxation. Usually at least once a night I have dreams like this and with these also, i use to it induce lucid dreams.

With practice I am able to go lucid 3-4 times a week by using these themes to induce it, so next time your in the same kind of situation as your dreams...go flick a lightswitch you never know what might happen!

--------------------
www.cosm.co.nz

OfflineBigNerd
Sociable loner
Male User Gallery

Loc: local elementary school
Re: Reoccuring themes in your dreams? [Re: ]
    #2662782 - 05/11/04 11:00 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

SpringChickita said:
Alot of the time, I will have a dream about a place that I dreamed about before, but it is a different scenario each time. Same place, different theme. It is actually kind of cool to go into your "dream place" and know your way around, because you feel like you have been there so many times....even if only in your dreams. And everytime it is exactly the same, every tree, everything is in it's correct place. Crazy.

This sounds very much like my tripping experiences over the last 3 months or so.  I have a house there.  :tongue2:

Quote:

I quite often realize I am dreaming inside the dream. It is like a sudden realization, and I'm like...hello! To know you are dreaming can be either really fun, or really scary when you can't make yourself wake up.

This I find extremely interesting.  You're lucid dreaming, but you do it naturally/instinctively?  Have you ever done mental exercises to assist you in this?  Because my trips feel a lot like lucid dreaming sounds (from other people's descriptions, I've never done it myself), I am trying to lucid dream.  I just started my efforts yesterday, so I expect it to take a while.  Are there any techniques or methods you have found effective in controlling your dreams?

BigNerd

--------------------
Sometimes karma needs a little help.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: Reoccuring themes in your dreams? [Re: BigNerd]
    #2662800 - 05/11/04 11:05 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I also always dream about the past. I think it reflects my desire to go back in time when things were easier and more innocent.

InvisibleClean
the lense
Male User Gallery

#2662979 - 05/11/04 11:55 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

the only recurring dream i have is not the same every time but the basic premise is pretty much the same. the dreams involve being in love with women i've never met in my waking life before. dreaming about people you've never met is really strange because they totally seem like a real person, yet they're completely a figment of my imagination as far as i know.

also many of my dreams involve people i know from grade school, even if i was never really friends with them at the time.

one of my favorite things about my dreams is that they usually take place in real locations from my life that are radically different in appearance yet retain many familiar aspects. for instance i might be in a town that looks like nowhere i've ever been yet i somehow know that it's such and such a town that i actually have been to.

Invisiblebert
bodhi

Loc: state
Re: Reoccuring themes in your dreams? [Re: Clean]
    #2663253 - 05/11/04 12:56 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I usually have violent nightmares. I think I went a year straight with only very bloody greusome, and generally scary nightmares. For instance, last night I had a dream where my roommate and I went insane and I stabbed my parents to death with a ball point pen, then hid them underneath my bed under a big pile of salt to cover up the smell...I'm a very mellow guy with no daytime violent urges so it freaks me out that I have such disturbing dreams. Maybe it's my mind dumpcaching or something.

--------------------
Persons denying the existence of robots may be robots themselves.

OfflineYouEnjoyMyself
PHiSH

Re: Reoccuring themes in your dreams? [Re: AislingGheal]
    #2663323 - 05/11/04 01:10 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Elle- those are some interesting dreams! I have had lots of dreams where i am being chased by someone, a lot of the times it was a really huge giant, and i never actually saw the giant, i would always see its feet/shins and it was just towering me high as hell. And i won't be able to scream or anything. THey are terrifying while i'm dreaming them cause i have to keep on running and running to no where.

Aisling- i think snake dreams have something to do with something sexual. Because i once had a dream a few years back that involved a taco bell, and they made the taco right in front of you, and in one container there was a dead snake, and i told my mom and she said something about snakes in dreams meaning something sexual. But i dont know for sure.

I've had this dream twice and it's hilarious! I go into a bar and i drink ALL of the alcohol and everyone gets so mad at me and hates me. So everyone starts throwing glass bottles at me and a lot of them hit me and smash but i don't ever get injured. They are just really really funny.

When i was younger i used to ALWAYS have dreams of flying! Those were the absolute best. In fact my grandpa the other day was talking about how he is starting to have those and how he loves them. Those stopped for me when i was like 4 or 5 and i've only had one since then and i was like 15 or 16 and i loved it. I wish i had them still.

I have had a couple of dreams that i'm at phish concerts. 1 time i got to go on stage and sing some songs, but i got up there and i was to scared to talk and i was singing extremely quietly but it still was awesome. And another was a HUGE festival and behind the stage there was an underground cavern with a big ship in it. ANd there was no way that the ship could have gotten in, and no way for it to get out. That was an awesome dream. I can vividly remember walking/running up and down the isles and all the crazy activities going on and it being so much fun. In one of them, you had to walk up this 8 story, very tiny, weak structure to go to the only port-o-potty. And when you were done it dumped you out and you fell. That was insane.

When i was dating my ex, i had a very very very very very very nice dream of me fucking her sister....wow that was one of my best dreams ever, shes so FINE!

--------------------
-Wash uffitze drive me to firenze

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: Reoccuring themes in your dreams? [Re: YouEnjoyMyself]
    #2663360 - 05/11/04 01:18 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

YouEnjoyMyself said:
Elle- those are some interesting dreams!  I have had lots of dreams where i am being chased by someone, a lot of the times it was a really huge giant, and i never actually saw the giant, i would always see its feet/shins and it was just towering me high as hell.  And i won't be able to scream or anything.  THey are terrifying while i'm dreaming them cause i have to keep on running and running to no where. 

Yeah, the "chasing" dreams and the "gladiator" type dreams are the most common for me.  I've been chased by the DEA, Ashcroft, my father, my friends father, and lots of others.  Strangely enough, they are all males who are or have been in authoritive positions over me at some point in my life.  I always am running away from them, hiding in sewers, caves, tree-trunks, and just when they are about to get me, I sprout wings and fly away for awhile. 

The gladiator-type dreams are always really violent and bloody, and I'm always fighting people with a knife, just slaughtering them.  They're really gruesome, but more in a Kill-Bill movie way and are very exciting!  :smile:

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
    #2663374 - 05/11/04 01:23 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

it's very strange, the only recurring theme in my dreams happens when i have a nightmare. i always know when a dream is gonna turn bad when, for some reason, i don't have my glasses or contacts on in the dream. i have REALLY bad vision (like -7 in each eye), and am practically useless without glasses or contacts. and, as fate would have it, everytime i have a nightmare, i don't have my glasses or contacts on... jebus it's frightening.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate