Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Dreaming of people without faces...meaning?
    #3861765 - 03/03/05 12:01 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I had a dream a few nights ago. I was with about 20 people in a small room. We were locked in, unable to leave.

One by one, faces would cave in, leaving only a dripping, bloody hole where the faces had been. It was incredibly gory and violent. Soon, everyone in the room had no face, just gory holes.

Any ideas what this might have symbolized?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: Dreaming of people without faces...meaning? [Re: MOTH]
    #3861778 - 03/03/05 12:05 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Hard question, for me, because I don't know if I quite believe if things within our dreams have universal meaning. I mean I believe fully in a collective unconscious and archetypal symbols arising in all cultures throughout all history, but I think the only way to interpret our own dreams is by examining ourselves.

What do YOU think they symbolize?

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflineKristiMidocean
fattie whale
Female User Gallery

Loc: Texas
Re: Dreaming of people without faces...meaning? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #3861787 - 03/03/05 12:08 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I have no idea but it sounds super scary! I think I already told you that but still freaks me out I heard it by ear the first time and it freaked me out and now reading it again.... Im freaked! lol

--------------------
:smile: I live for LNC :smile:

InvisibleBoom
Supervisor
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Cypress Creek
    #3861804 - 03/03/05 12:14 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Maybe you feel trapped in a dead end routine that will ultimately lead to self-destruction?

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: Dreaming of people without faces...meaning? [Re: KristiMidocean]
    #3861805 - 03/03/05 12:14 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

WEll, it was super scary. I could hardly believe I was dreaming it. When it happened to me, and my face caved in, I saw all red, but I was still alive. And then I realized that an alien life-form was trying to contact me in my faceless state.

I have NO idea what it could mean!

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
Re: Dreaming of people without faces...meaning? [Re: Boom]
    #3861807 - 03/03/05 12:15 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I'm thinking facial expression.

Are you not expressing an emotion or need?

--------------------

Male

Re: Dreaming of people without faces...meaning? [Re: CherryBom]
    #3861813 - 03/03/05 12:17 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

CherryBomb said:
Are you not expressing an emotion or need?

Like that urge to create and to write that's buried deep inside you wishing all obstacles would go away so it could flow out on to the page?

Just a thought.  :wink:

Lately in my dreams I'm running from something that I'm scared of all the time...and I think it has to do with my fear of writing absolute shit, which stops me from writing at all.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

Loc: Yonder
    #3861822 - 03/03/05 12:20 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Well, faces generally symbolise identity. So, you could be thinking of a friend with identity problems, or you could be facing some problems with your sense of self image or questioning someone close to you, as far as 'who' they are. I am sorry this is so vague, but you only provided minimal details of your dream. I will think more on it and post more, later.

Dreams are an important part of our lives. They help us to see things that our conscious minds, for some reason, will not let us see. Either about ourselves, or about something or someone around us. You just need to learn to discern the points that are portrayed by your unconscious mind. I hope this helps, somewhat. :heart:

--------------------

:murray:

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

#3861827 - 03/03/05 12:21 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Interesting...I have reoccuring chase dreams as well. I posted about them in the Physical and Mental Well-Being forum.

Cherry, that's a good theory! Thanks.

InvisibleChe_Night_Soil
Koinoniphobic

Loc: Commonslaughtia
    #3861838 - 03/03/05 12:24 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I have book on Jung's dream analysis work on me shelf...I really should read it next. What about faces: they're how we express, social and sensory nexus, they measure a person's physical attractiveness, they are what we show to the world (if belying what's behind), etc. You were trapped in the dream...maybe it means that you should have waffles instead of pancakes for breakfast. Have you ever put Reese's Pieces in either...hell yeah.

--------------------
if(human==autoPart){
for(i=1;i<infinity;i++){
getBorn(mind,soul);
getEdu(mind,soul);
getJob(mind,soul);
retire(mind,soul);
die(mind,soul);
}
}

Male

Re: Dreaming of people without faces...meaning? [Re: Che_Night_Soil]
    #3861845 - 03/03/05 12:25 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Che_Night_Soil said:
you should have waffles instead of pancakes for breakfast. Have you ever put Reese's Pieces in either...hell yeah.

BRILLIANT!!!

FIVE SHROOMS FOR YOU!!!

--------------------

-Erik Davis

OfflineKristiMidocean
fattie whale
Female User Gallery

Loc: Texas
Re: Dreaming of people without faces...meaning? [Re: blissedout]
    #3861848 - 03/03/05 12:27 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

omg bliss you have no idea how that just impacted me! that could be a good one to ellemy when I read that I was like oh shit!

--------------------
:smile: I live for LNC :smile:

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

#3861860 - 03/03/05 12:30 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

blissedout said:
Well, faces generally symbolise identity. So, you could be thinking of a friend with identity problems, or you could be facing some problems with your sense of self image or questioning someone close to you, as far as 'who' they are. I am sorry this is so vague, but you only provided minimal details of your dream. I will think more on it and post more, later.

Dreams are an important part of our lives. They help us to see things that our conscious minds, for some reason, will not let us see. Either about ourselves, or about something or someone around us. You just need to learn to discern the points that are portrayed by your unconscious mind. I hope this helps, somewhat. :heart:

Your post makes a lot of sense.  In a way, I think I am undergoing a shift in identity.  I've been feeling as though I've been going through a transition lately.  Thanks.  :heart:

InvisibleChe_Night_Soil
Koinoniphobic

Loc: Commonslaughtia
    #3861868 - 03/03/05 12:33 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, one of my favorites from way back.

--------------------
if(human==autoPart){
for(i=1;i<infinity;i++){
getBorn(mind,soul);
getEdu(mind,soul);
getJob(mind,soul);
retire(mind,soul);
die(mind,soul);
}
}

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

Re: Dreaming of people without faces...meaning? [Re: KristiMidocean]
    #3861875 - 03/03/05 12:35 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Also, being trapped in that room is sort of symbolic to being held down in a position, in life. She could be in a job that is going nowhere or stuck in some situation that she feels is taking what she sees as a vital part of her identity or is holding her back from advancing from where she currently is, in her life. This is like shooting in the dark, without further information. Also certain feelings about certain parts of her dream is very important to the analysis. :sun:

--------------------

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

#3861877 - 03/03/05 12:36 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
I mean I believe fully in a collective unconscious and archetypal symbols arising in all cultures throughout all history, but I think the only way to interpret our own dreams is by examining ourselves.

What do YOU think they symbolize?

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Dreams are truly a very personal thing and hard for an outsider to bring any true meaning to the dream.

The fact that even you too eventually "lost your face" and were contacted by "aliens" only after the face loss......may be you are headed for some form of "ego loss" (loss of face) and are going to have a conversation with a spirit guide (aliens) soon...

:shrug:

The fact that it was scary could have just been a misinterpretation (by the matrix).......

"Ooops didnt mean to leave a bloody, gaping hole their, just to show you people w/o a face....

sorry  :smirk:

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

#3861942 - 03/03/05 12:51 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

blissedout said:
Also, being trapped in that room is sort of symbolic to being held down in a position, in life. She could be in a job that is going nowhere or stuck in some situation that she feels is taking what she sees as a vital part of her identity or is holding her back from advancing from where she currently is, in her life. This is like shooting in the dark, without further information. Also certain feelings about certain parts of her dream is very important to the analysis. :sun:

Okay, I'll try to be less vague.  Yes, we were trapped in the room for most of the dream.  It was incredibly scary when people's faces started to cave in.  I remember thinking, "I can't believe this is happening." 

By the time there were only 3 people left in the room, the door swung open and we walked outside down this street.  There was relief, in being free, the sunlight shining down on us.  But then it happened to me, I lost my face, it completely caved in, just like the others.  Even though I was free from the room, I still lost my face.  That's when I realized that a life-form was trying to contact me, and I excitedly told my companions (who thought I was dead) that I was being contacted by this life-form.

That's about it.

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#3861981 - 03/03/05 01:00 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I think trying to find some sort of quasi-psychological meaning in dreams is futile. Dreams are just weird, often-random sequences of visual/emotional character. Deep, underlying meanings are non-existant unless you tact meaning onto the dream afterwards.

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

#3861992 - 03/03/05 01:02 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Were the 'companions' people that you know or just some random strangers? Thanks for the further info. I will think on it and get back to you, later. :heart:

--------------------

InvisibleBoom
Supervisor
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Cypress Creek
Re: Dreaming of people without faces...meaning? [Re: Vvellum]
    #3862003 - 03/03/05 01:06 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

bi0 said:
I think trying to find some sort of quasi-psychological meaning in dreams is futile. Dreams are just weird, often-random sequences of visual/emotional character. Deep, underlying meanings are non-existant unless you tact meaning onto the dream afterwards.

I agree :thumbup:

My dreams make literally no sense.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Community >> The Pub