Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Petri Dish

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinequirion
Stranger
Loc: the end of the world
ramaria flava aka changle, TIPS?????
    #2632943 - 05/03/04 06:38 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I found some ramaria flava
a typical shroom for the south of chile
But only apears a short time every year in the native woods.
Growing on the soil formed by the leaves of the trees.
Know is my question like it is not a typical shroom with a head, how could I get some spores and after that, start to cultivate them ???

If resulting getting spore shure will send ome to people who wants them

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblespores
haploid
 User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: ramaria flava aka changle, TIPS????? [Re: quirion]
    #2633293 - 05/03/04 07:38 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I think your best bet would be to take a piece of tissue and get a clone going on agar.

DH

Offlinequirion
Stranger
Loc: the end of the world
Re: ramaria flava aka changle, TIPS????? [Re: spores]
    #2637628 - 05/04/04 06:33 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I would like to et some prints becauze agar is to dificult to send to some people.

Invisiblespores
haploid
 User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #2637701 - 05/04/04 06:52 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

How is agar difficult to send? I've gotten wedges from far far away that made it to me fine. They were just cut and put in little plastic baggies. You can also get little tiny petris that work great for sending wedges. If you did it that way you'd have a clone of a known fruiting strain which is more ideal for those trying to grow it out (i.e. they don't have to isolate a new strain from your spores and hope it's a good fruiting isolate).

if you're dead set on getting some spores though, try throwing a little clump of those tips in a petri or something and see if you can collect any spores that way. You'll still need agar to get an isolate going though I think, I doubt that way would give you a sterile(non-contaminated) collection of spores.

BTW, I've never heard of anyone cultivating ramarias, if it's growing just in dirt in the forest, that might be a difficult substrate to recreate, as opposed to tree trunks/wood chips etc. Who knows, it might be mycorrhizal instead of saprophytic and practically impossible to grow outside of your locale without plants it's associated with. I know all the ramarias I've seen up here have been around pine trees...

DH

OfflineSuntzu
Geek
 User Gallery

Re: ramaria flava aka changle, TIPS????? [Re: spores]
    #2638805 - 05/04/04 11:03 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I agree with DH;  It would be risky at best trying to get clean spore material from those types of fungi.  If you can get clean agar growth, it's quite easy to share with people.  It would likely be easier than getting clean spores from something like that [IMO].  The pics of the fruitbodies look very nice, but there are mold and bacteria coating the whole thing. . .at least as far as sterility is concerned :wink:  Cutting from the inner tissue would likely be the most reliable route to getting a clean copy to share.

Good luck with it!

For argument's sake, one could possibly invert a few stalks inside of a dry sterile jar [without touching the sides, be creative] and let it hang for awhile. . .I don't know how much that species sporulates, but it might be a place to start.

Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

Loc: Slovenia
    #2639780 - 05/05/04 02:52 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Ramarias live in symbiosis with trees (mycorrhiza), so it is very difficult to grow it in vitro without its host.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Petri Dish

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms