Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineemeraldmist
Stranger

Loc: PNW peninsula
New Hunter needs help w/id please
    #2601766 - 04/25/04 05:15 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Will you help? I live in upstate Wa./PNW (very west). Search all the time for mushrooms. Jealous of you morel finders (my favs), but look for 'others'. Lucky last week I found 20 sm Lib Caps. (was pos on the id and snarfed em, not quite enough, but a first time for me and a nice sample) Still looking and new to it all. Could anyone help with id-ing these? Found today in a wooded forest where cows roamed. Doing a spore print now. Thank you. If pics weren't uploaded into this post then they are in my gallery here. Hope I did something right.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineYomi
Re: New Hunter needs help w/id please [Re: emeraldmist]
    #2601833 - 04/25/04 05:43 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

hey, i live in upper Washington.. around here there are no cows but lots of horses... Im interested in where you went to find those lib caps in WA. My location is Kirkland, near Seattle kinda

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #2601919 - 04/25/04 06:16 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

There are no liberty caps in Western Washington and also they do not grow at this time of the year.

That is very foolish eating mushrooms which you do not know what they are.

mj

You are really lucky you did nto eat something poisonous

OfflineYomi
Re: New Hunter needs help w/id please [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2601927 - 04/25/04 06:18 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

What should I be looking for here in Seattle area? I am very interested and just got back from a horse pasture, waiting on replies to my pictures, and then im going back out to some different areas... thank you in advance.

Offlineemeraldmist
Stranger

Re: New Hunter promises you they were Liberty Caps [Re: Yomi]
    #2602026 - 04/25/04 06:42 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I live near the rain forest and I had a positive id on those LCaps! I promise you they grow where I live. Gift from God I figure. I had looked in this same are 20 times, but one day last week after the rains I had that 'knower' thing and went to an area close enough to walk to and was squatting down to pee and woops there they were! I recognized them instantly. Did a sport print, knew the cow dung they grew in. I've read too they don't grow this time of year. But there are many many different climates within the state of Washington. And besides.......I'm special. Can anyone id those others that I just picked today? The pics should be on my gallery. Didn't see a way to make then hook on the post even though it says right under here. Didn't understand.

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan Flag
    #2602028 - 04/25/04 06:43 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

foo!
that was dead lame!
like, risked your life and diddnt even realize it, you probably even thought you got high, on a mushroom you couldnt possibly have picked, the only people finding them are in the southern hemisphere.
youre in the wrong season for your area.
and the right season for picking poisonous shrooms in the area youve been looking in as Youmi just pointed out by posting what are likely galerinas from the same habitat in the same region in which you dwell.
id feel pretty dumb, but then, luckily, I am myself and not you. who should be thanking her lucky stars and paying more attention to her steps as he travels her dangerous road to what could be (in event of he right miracles) enlightenment.

a road is seldom so noble that a fool canot find folly.

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Re: New Hunter promises you they were Liberty Caps [Re: emeraldmist]
    #2602039 - 04/25/04 06:47 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

oh, and we cant see youre gallery, also, you arent special like you think you are, little girl.
also liberty caps dont grow on dung. ever.
its not what they do, we know this, because we ARE special.

right MJ?

Offlineemeraldmist
Stranger

Re: New Hunter upload those pics properly for ID's please. [Re: Mitchnast]
    #2602069 - 04/25/04 07:01 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

It may not have been cow dung. It was some kind of mulchy looking patty. I do have part of the patty stuff and micilium saved in the fridge, along with the spore print. Don't know why I'm saving it. I'm trying again to include todays picks in this post. Thanks for the compliment about being a little girl. I'll be fifty in two weeks.

edited by ToxicMan to make it more legible - content rearranged but not altered

Edited by ToxicMan (04/26/04 01:16 AM)

OfflineYomi
Re: New Hunter upload those pics properly for ID's please. [Re: emeraldmist]
    #2602124 - 04/25/04 07:14 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

those are pretty close to what i posted.. i think you got lucky if u ate them and didnt get sick... but hmmm smart people out there

OfflineWashroomer
Stranger

#2602146 - 04/25/04 07:22 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Pardon me for being mistaken (it has happened once before ?) But I was picking what was identified as Liberty Caps (P. semilanceata)in the latter seventies in western Washington. Lots of things may have changed then, I'm well behind the times and do not come from a strict biology background and therefore make no claim to the ID of the mushroom I collected at that time. I wish I could refer to the person(s) that made that identification, I cannot. Too many years have gone by.
However, I and my my experience so strongly refutes this mushroom and its closely realted kin as fruiting in the spring: I lived in the "SNO, SKY, SNOQ" counties for many years and attest it is impossible, if not very unlikely. Therefore I urge my own caution at ingesting this "spring psilocybe" mushroom. While there are some that seem to linger their fruiting into the spring season, I found it to be very uncommmon.

Offlinefalcon
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #2602157 - 04/25/04 07:27 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

the second two pictures are probably coprinusedit what Michnast says, no big deal if you ate them. The first picture is most likely some kind of entaloma, not a good thing to to be experimenting with. ID first then eat not the other way around.

Edited by falcon (04/25/04 09:54 PM)

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

#2602206 - 04/25/04 07:42 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

if youre still alive, youve posted two species here, one is hard to id, but is definately not active.
the second is certainly panaeolus sphinctrinus, and therefore also not active. and no even close to liberty cap.
whoever told you so is bullshitting you as to their abilities. but it is purely on your plate as to the risk of your chances of reaching 50.

as for the image of a 49 year old woman squatting in the woods to pee while eating strange mushrooms, i will file that in my secret crazy folder under "utmostly obsurd"

and ive seen alot of stuff, enough to know not to do what you do. i only made the "little girl" comment because my wife suggested it would be the only slight that might get to you.
its far cruder than anyhing i normally wish to convey. but it delivers the point that you are being grossly irresponsible. and your beleif that you are special: childish fantasy.
youre going to die someday. it could be soon, but KNOW it will happen. because when it does, you'ed better beleive it.

you don't have the ability to ID mushrooms, i suggest you gain it. you have alot of catching up to do.

Offlinemycoguy
old hand

Loc: PNW
Re: New Hunter upload those pics properly for ID's please. [Re: Mitchnast]
    #2602344 - 04/25/04 08:06 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Mitchnast said:

as for the image of a 49 year old woman squatting in the woods to pee while eating strange mushrooms, i will file that in my secret crazy folder under "utmostly obsurd"

Ya, and pretty gross too.

Quote:

... but it delivers the point that you are being grossly irresponsible. and your beleif that you are special: childish fantasy.

I'm pretty new here (and much younger than 50), and even I know enough NOT to eat strange mushrooms. I have to 'second' Mitchnast's comment..."grossly irresponsible". not 'gross', as in LARGE, but 'gross', as in "That's just fuckin disgusting that you would be so stupid, and then post here to brag about it."

And trust mjshroomer. The guy knows his shit.

OfflineThatDaltonGuy
PermanentlyFried
Loc: USA
    #2602499 - 04/25/04 08:43 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

i live in santa cruz cali and i found two semilanceata here in a park and ate them, and they WERE infact libs. sometimes weird occurances happen...

--------------------
Let me remind you that the above text is completely false and has been typed to you by an escaped mental patient and shouldn't be taken seriously unless you yourself also have a mental condition. These kind of things need to be taken into consideration by those viewing these threads.

Invisible@cro
new name
 User Gallery

Loc: The PNW
Re: New Hunter upload those pics properly for ID's please. [Re: ThatDaltonGuy]
    #2602528 - 04/25/04 08:54 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

You know they were semis because why?

You got high off two semis?  :lol:

It takes a lot more than two to feel anything, I hope that wasn't your reasoning.

Peace - @cro

--------------------

InvisibleStymee
From here to reality.
 User Gallery

Loc: Seattle, WA Flag
    #2602845 - 04/25/04 10:18 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

emeraldmist said:
It may not have been cow dung. It was some kind of mulchy looking patty. I do have part of the patty stuff and micilium saved in the fridge, along with the spore print. Don't know why I'm saving it. I'm trying again to include todays picks in this post. Thanks for the compliment about being a little girl. I'll be fifty in two weeks.thumb_Shroom_two_tops_compress.jpg[/image][/url]

Not edible. DO NOT EAT.

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
    #2603416 - 04/26/04 01:41 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Without seeing spore prints or knowing spore print colors, those aren't the easiest mushrooms to identify.

The ones in the first photo suggest either Entoloma or Inocybe. Mushrooms from neither genus should be eaten - both contain large numbers of dangerously poisonous mushrooms. Spore print color will help get us to the correct genus.

The ones in the second photo suggest Panaeolus semiovatus, an inactive species. If so, they should have black spore prints.

If all three mushrooms in the third photo are the same species, then the brownish color of the gills of the specimen on the right suggests Inocybe. Many species of Inocybe start out with white gills that turn brown as the spores mature. A high percentage of Inocybes contain high levels of muscarine, a very unpleasant toxin. On the positive side, muscarine rarely causes fatalities. No Inocybes should be eaten.

The mushrooms in the last photo look like members of the Panaeolus sphinctrinus group of species. They are not considered active species.

Those are rough guesses on what those mushrooms look like at a glance. For accurate IDs you really need to give us spore print information and descriptions of features we can't tell from the photos. Examples of additional useful information would be if parts of them are dry, moist, slimy, etc...; any distinctive odors; and any bruising reactions.

If you actually ate the mushrooms in those photos and didn't become ill, you should consider yourself fortunate. The mushrooms in your photos all qualify as what we call LBMs (Little Brown Mushrooms). As a group they are difficult to identify and many of them are very poisonous, including a few species that have killed people. Some of them are distinctive enough to make identification doable, but many of them are nearly impossible.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: New Hunter upload those pics properly for ID's please. [Re: ToxicMan]
    #2603728 - 04/26/04 04:43 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

The ones int he 2nd photo are not panaeolus semiovatus, bit are a dried panaeolus of some sort.

mj,

But again no liberty caps/

Adn it takes 20 to 40 libe4rtty caps to get high tot he person in Santa Cruz who said he ate 2.

mj

Again tnone of those mushrooms in the posters post here are liberty caps.

InvisibleMerkin
neep.
 User Gallery

Loc: Ass Flavoured Pie Factory
    #2603818 - 04/26/04 06:03 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

yea... those whiteish gills on that shroom look a little scary, and might suggest something dangerous :noway:

--------------------
Wheels of cheese wheeels of cheeeeese!!!

Offlineemeraldmist
Stranger

Re: New Hunter clearing some things up. [Re: ToxicMan]
    #2603827 - 04/26/04 06:09 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

First of all the spore prints on the pics were both black. Second of all I am not running around the forest eating anything that I am not 110% sure of what it is. I have NOT eaten the pics that I asked about IDing. I did eat 20 semilanteaca's that were found while squatting to pee (your welcome for the visual) (and I'm a fine 50yr old specimen, tyvm)peeking up by a log by brush in a forest that I know like the back of my hand that cows had been using for pasture. I was 110% sure of what THOSE were.That was one week ago today. I know it is hard for some of you to believe and I regret not taking photo's of them, and plus since the experience was atypical of that particular strain of shroom I was obviously correct in my ID. I assure you the 20 were mostly small, but enough were a size for positive ID.
Now then it may also be impossible for you to believe that this is not typically 'western' Washington. If you are not familiar with the climate of and near the Hoh rain forest then you should pay attention. It is not the same as the 3 other climates in the state. It is also (from serious experts on the subject) a hot place to find Liberty Caps. It's not a problem if you don't believe me. Hey, more for me! And since I was blessed with my little sample so close to my backyard I now no what the enticement in these darlings is all about. It is too dry now to ever hope to find right now. But by golly I'll prove it with pictures in the future. I really appreciate the IDing on the ones I collected yesterday. I repeat I did not eat them and would not risk anything less than positive ID on unknown shroom.The forest around me is quite private and hundreds of acres to explore. If anyone would be interested and willing to help me I will continue to post my finds. Acutally PS are the only kind I am sure of IDing myself. I hope I cleared the confusion up. I am not stupid nor an idiot nor a risk taker.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures