Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
Re: Wacky website predicts next Terrorrist Attack [Re: Seuss]
    #2578843 - 04/19/04 04:56 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I was hoping this got bumped. I had not really considered the last date as a place holder. Whether Mckenna's find on the time wave zero is a mere coincidence, is again something that escapes my own understanding.

The problem lies in mixed interpretation, and or meaning. Some of the information may be junk, the other may be some solid evidence of something. Because we arent exactly sure what that something is, makes me want to not trust it 100%. Which is why im going to agree with you that a lot of times individuals are "seeing faces in the clouds".

--------------------
What?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCleverName
the cloudsshould know meby now...

Loc: red earth painted with mi...
Re: Wacky website predicts next Terrorrist Attack [Re: Zero7a1]
    #2579041 - 04/19/04 05:54 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

i just recently read that mckenna thought of himself as a provocateur.

"im cynical, and a fair cynic must also be cynical about himself." he called himself a "visionsry fool" who "propounds this thing which is a trillion-to-one shot"-the timewave theory-and then "gets to live out the inevitably humorous implications of that." (rational mysticism 184)

so i think many of his theorys he took himself with a grain of sand. he was a smart guy. he was no flake.

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
Re: Wacky website predicts next Terrorrist Attack [Re: CleverName]
    #2579347 - 04/19/04 07:10 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Im going to cross reference this point with what sclorch was saying about no meaning.

Take away all the reasons you thought supported existence... then try to fill it with things you have discovered on your own. Thats what i think, in a sense, mckenna is doing. If you can observe the fact that your ideas may not be all that "rational" in at least some sense, but understanding that they make sense on a level... then i think you have come to at least be a individual thinking being... not just going with what other people have thought about "reality" or whatever.

The problem with understanding or believing what philosophers, clerics, religous people, is that they are basing what they believe mainly on another system. Their perceptions are very much based on a singular concept. Im not all to certain about McKenna, but from what i gathered, he is a pretty radical "philosopher" or guy with ideas.

IVe considered a lot his ideas, some considered in the food of the gods, and im not going to cast them out immediately.

Im not going to cast out the possibility of jesus... i was not there to see it happen or not. I will not take a side. I do not know if there are micrscopic elves inside my blood stream... these are things that i do not know, but i will try to formulate my ideas on the likelihood of such an occurance.

Where my beliefs go into the esoteric... well thats when the wacky shit happens, and stuff i cant explain. But thats cool, life is filled with things i cant explain.

We go with the experiences life gives us, to deny the reality of such occurances would be to lie to ones self... and for me... that would be to deny my meaning of life. How we judge and analyze these things is a completely different issue, it requires knowledge and the continual persuit of knowledge. A part of this continual process is being cynical, using reasoning and critical thinking skills to look at situations and perceptions.

--------------------
What?

OfflineMagus
Dazed

Loc: Midwest USA
Note about the Bible Code [Re: Swami]
    #2582312 - 04/20/04 11:06 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

The Bible code DID predict something.

The assassination of Rabin? I believe that's his name at least. It was the Israeli prime minister in the early-mid 90s. He was shot in '96 I believe. They DID find it and warned him but he died nonetheless. It was in the original book the Bible Code. I'm not sure if they mentioned it on the History channel. Also the rabbi that discovered it, Eli Rips, claims he predicted the Gulf War 1 with it.

--------------------
Disclaimer:

1. When I use the word "I", it means a friend of a friend wants me to ask. The word "I" simply cuts down on the amount of letters I need to type.

2. I do not engage in illegal activities. I am appaled by all of you and your apparent disregard for the law.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Note about the Bible Code [Re: Magus]
    #2582494 - 04/20/04 11:40 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Printed source?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
Re: Note about the Bible Code [Re: Swami]
    #2582507 - 04/20/04 11:42 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

It's in the book, first chapter I believe.

Google: bible code rabin

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Note about the Bible Code [Re: Revelation]
    #2582571 - 04/20/04 11:54 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Seems the Bible Code also "predicted" the holocaust 50 years AFTER it happened. I just don't know how they do it.  :rolleyes:

--------------------

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Note about the Bible Code [Re: Magus]
    #2582630 - 04/20/04 12:10 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

This June 9, 1997 article from Time Magazine is about The Bible Code, a book by Michael Drosnin that claims that the assassination of Yitzak Rabin was foretold in the hidden codes of the Torah, and that many other dreadful events of the near future may be predicted the same way. It is based on the system used by Israeli mathematician Eliyahu Rips, a respected professor. at Jerusalem's Hebrew University. However, Rips has denounced Drosnin's work and said that using the code to predict the future is futile.

Quote:

While the three authors were working on their paper, Michael Drosnin, a former reporter with the Washington Post and the Wall Street Journal, became interested in encrypted messages in the bible. He interviewed and spent time with Rips, then started using similar methods to search through the Bible for word sequences that might be used to predict future events. His most famous find was a "prediction" of the assassination of Yitzhak Rabin which he located in 1994. Drosnin warned Israeli officials, but Rabin was assassinated in 1995.

Drosnin took this prediction, plus other coded messages he found, and wrote The Bible Code. In the book Drosnin claims he has found predictions of the assassinations of Robert F. Kennedy, John F. Kennedy, and Anwar el-Sadat. In addition to mayhem, Drosnin found the name Edison encoded near light bulb and electricity, as well as Newton near gravity. Drosnin's most chilling message was a prediction that World War III would start in 1996 with a nuclear attack on the state of Israel. This didn't pan out, but Drosnin later reported he found the work "delayed" encoded near the prediction.

Quote:

Other critics found flaws not just with Drosnin's book, but with Rips, Witztum and Rosenberg's paper. Some were unable to duplicate the experiment with the same success as Harold Gans. Others pointed out that the bible in its current form is not letter by letter exactly the same as the original texts that have been lost to history. Even small variations would destroy codes, especially if those codes employed long skips between letters ( Drosnin's Rabin prediction employed a skip of 4,771)

Quote:

"Any attempts to predict the future based on hidden Torah codes are worthless"
(World-Renowned Professor of Mathematics Eliyahu Rips)

(Jerusalem, June 4, 1997) The Israeli research team which uncovered the scientific basis for the hidden codes in the Book of Genesis categorically rejected attempts to predict the future based on these codes. They warned against being taken in by the sensational claims in Michael Drosnin's controversial book, 'The Bible Code.'

"All attempts to extract messages from Torah Codes or to make predictions based on them are futile and of no value," said the Hebrew University Professor of Mathematics, Eliyahu Rips, at a press conference in Jerusalem today. "The only conclusion that can be drawn from the scientific research regarding the Torah Codes is that they exist and that they are not a mere coincidence."

Professor Rips set out with colleague physicist Doron Witztum to research seemingly unique patterns encoded in the Book of Genesis. Scanning the text by computer using a scientific method called Equidistant Letter Sequences (ELS), Witztum and Rips proved that by skipping an equal number of letters in the Hebrew text of Genesis, significant clusters of related codes existed that were not due to chance. They showed that hidden in the text is very detailed information about many historical events such as the Holocaust, the French revolution and the Oslo accords.

Following a rigorous six-year peer review process, the codes research results were published in the scholarly journal Statistical Science. More recently, the results were duplicated and expanded by Harold Gans, a former cryptologic mathematician at the US Defense Department.

"Codes don't reveal any secret messages or prophecies about whom to marry or who will win the NBA championship," said Witztum. "I was the first one to investigate the possibility of divining the future through these codes. Following logical and empirical tests, I found incontrovertible evidence proving it's impossible to predict the future with the hidden codes."

Drosnin's claim that he predicted the horrible assassination of the late Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin has captured the public imagination. Drosnin showed Rips what Drosnin considered to be a hidden prophecy. "Unfortunately, Drosnin, like many others at the time, guessed something terrible might happen," said Rips. "But, it is scientifically impossible to make any predictions with codes."

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
Re: Note about the Bible Code [Re: Swami]
    #2582676 - 04/20/04 12:18 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, as far as I know the Rabin thing is the only ACTUAL prediction that the bible code has made.

Pretty amazing coincidence though.

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: Wacky website predicts next Terrorist Attack [Re: Swami]
    #2595480 - 04/23/04 03:39 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Well, well, well. Looks like something was going to happen after all. How come no one else caught this in the news? I just found it today actually.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=38093

Dirty bomb plot
on Sears Tower

British discover plan to use deadly chemical in attacks

Posted: April 19, 2004
1:00 a.m. Eastern

Editor's note: Joseph Farah's G2 Bulletin is an online, subscription intelligence news service from the creator of WorldNetDaily.com ? a journalist who has been developing sources around the world for the last 25 years.

? 2004 WorldNetDaily.com

A plot by terrorists to use dirty bombs laced with the deadly chemical osmium tetroxide to attack U.S. targets including the Sears Tower in Chicago was uncovered by British intelligence and law enforcement authorities, according to a report in Joseph Farah's G2 Bulletin.

British police and military bomb experts passed on information to their U.S. counterparts.

Traces of the chemical, as well as manuals for its use, were discovered by the British intelligence community during raids following the March Madrid attack.

A number of intelligence and security agencies include osmium tetroxide in their list of dangerous materials. It can be purchased in a gel-like form in small quantities. It is mainly used for laboratory experiments. The gel is highly toxic and can be developed into a coating element for bomb parts, or into an aerosol.

Though it is not clear from the sources that al-Qaida was behind the plot, Osama bin Laden's network had previously eyed the Sears Tower as a target, following the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.

The terrorist group's operations chief, Khalid Shaikh Mohammed, told interrogators that al-Qaida's follow-up attacks in the Midwest and West Coast were thwarted by the intensity of the U.S. response to the strikes on the World Trade Center in New York City and on the Pentagon.

Mohammed said he and his nephew, Ramzi Yousuf, who was behind the first World Trade Center bombing a decade ago, had identified the targets through almanacs of American buildings.

"We were looking for symbols of economic might," he told interrogators.

Following 9-11, about $6.5 million was invested to improve the building's security, including more digital cameras, tightly controlled access requiring a security-approved card to get through turnstiles, additional security officers and improved communications with government and outside agencies.

Osmium tetroxide can attack soft human tissue and can cause blindness for anyone who breathes its fumes. It can also cause an agonizing death.

A plan to launch a chemical attack in Britain had also been prevented.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Wacky website predicts next Terrorist Attack [Re: ]
    #2596079 - 04/23/04 07:42 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Well, well, well. Looks like something was going to happen after all.

The Sears Tower is either bombed or it is not. "Was going to happen" has little meaning.

Once again, a prediction that does not predict, is not a predicition. Simple!

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: Wacky website predicts next Terrorist Attack [Re: Swami]
    #2596187 - 04/23/04 08:28 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Oh, sorry, they didn't predict that the attack would be thwarted, so I guess it's not good enough for you.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Wacky website predicts next Terrorist Attack [Re: ]
    #2596231 - 04/23/04 08:44 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Good enough?

Guessing one of the largest symbols of Amercian capitalism as a target is not being psychic. It is called patterning.

How is picking a day when nothing occurred a prediction? Please explain slowly so that I might comprehend.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Cultivation Supplies