Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags, Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
HEPA filtered greenhouse to contain spores
    #25922190 -

I am considering setting up a 4-tier greenhouse in my bedroom to fruit oysters, but inhaling spores seems to be a big problem. My idea is to have a humidifier tubed into it with two fans attached for air intake/output. Possibly some water at the bottom being heated with an aquarium heater in case it is not warm enough as my house is consistently chilly. I would have a dehumidifier outside to stop the room from becoming too moist as well. This being in my bedroom, I don't want to wear a mask while I sleep or endanger anyone else in my household. Could I solve this issue by sealing the bottom of the greenhouse and placing HEPA filters on the fans to catch the spores? I would obviously wear a mask while opening it but would I have to worry otherwise? There would only be a short window to fruit them outside as I live in Canada and there isn't any other room with open space that someone else won't be in on a daily basis.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: HEPA filtered greenhouse to contain spores [Re: Mushtache] * 1
    #25922565 -

You have to put your exhaust fan out a window. forget the hepa!! It will clog up in no time. You will also need a circulation fan inside the mini greenhouse. PM me I will help you get it right the 1st time. And save you from all the mistakes that could possibly be made.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags, Substrate Mix


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Found source of cheap HEPA filters with blowers ... ragadinks 2,530 2 10/26/03 09:25 AM
by ragadinks
* Rare species spores or cultures YidakiMan 2,409 10 09/24/03 09:00 PM
by r05c03
* How to collect Coprinus comatus spores ? ragadinks 1,664 5 09/24/04 08:32 AM
by ragadinks
* REISHI spore 70 times more potent than the mushroo
( 1 2 all )
Cosm 9,743 30 07/30/15 01:30 PM
by kaaskop
* After how long should I see lions mane growth on agar from old spores? ninja cat 09 840 8 05/10/21 02:58 PM
by QM33
* filter disc apprehension *DELETED* MeetMeInEleusis 1,402 5 11/27/03 12:52 PM
by creekfarmer
* Where to get cheap oyster spores? (+oyster questions) NFNF 6,012 11 10/11/03 06:07 PM
by gordonoalberto23
* Oysters from spores? Peace_Patrol 3,679 11 08/21/02 10:40 AM
by aural

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: RogerRabbit, cronicr, Pastywhyte, Forrester, Stromrider, SHROOMSISAY01
300 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 5 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.