Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Re: Job scheduling me more hours than I want [Re: Patlal] * 1
    #25910781 -

Patlal said:
Talk to your boss and adjust your schedule



This.

Quote:
Do I just say yo can you try to keep it between 16-18 (what I want)?



Make 18 a hard line in the sand. 3 6 hours shifts.

I say don’t ask. Tell them. If they want more from you they like you. Let them know you’ll give them 18 hours of honest hard work and they can have that or none at all.

I do that with 25. I’ll warn you though even if they agree to it they’ll probably keep trying to squeeze more time out of you. Unless they’re different than most places you’re in for an endless battle. You negotiate it but then 2 or 3 weeks later the hours are back and it’s the same old fucking conversation.

I have to be willing to clock out when they still want me to stay. It’s my life. It’s my budget. They don’t fucking own me.

Bottom line is though, you have to be willing to risk getting fired. I say life is too short and too precious to live in wage fear. It takes a special kind of courage to stand your ground with employers. Most people are far too cowardly. It’s pretty much like staring down the barrel of a gun. At least for me because I pay for everything I get paycheck to paycheck. I manage on very little. I value time over money. Time is the only thing between the present and death.


--------------------
[quote]Asante said:
You constantly make posts thatr fling middle school insults at people you don't like mixed in with maladjusted psychopathic comments about wanting to beat up the other poster with a crowbar.

You know how shit you are, you just don't give a fuck for precisely that reason.

I disendorse you.[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Job scheduling me more hours than I want [Re: Barnaby]
    #25910784 -

Barnaby said:
Quit.  Best thing you could do for oneself.  I did 16 times in one year filing my EZ-40's.  Fuck them.  You've been one busy boy, said the clerk at the IRS office.  Still makes me laugh.  There is so much more to life then slaving under someone for nothing.



We have our differences in the sports forum but I’m with you here. Not that he should quit necessarily but being willing to is liberating af.


--------------------
[quote]Asante said:
You constantly make posts thatr fling middle school insults at people you don't like mixed in with maladjusted psychopathic comments about wanting to beat up the other poster with a crowbar.

You know how shit you are, you just don't give a fuck for precisely that reason.

I disendorse you.[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Job scheduling me more hours than I want [Re: TheFakeSunRa]
    #25910808 -

Who cares?  :shrug:  :loljesus:  Baseball season has begun.  Spring is here, all is forgiven.  Seriously life is good and I hope it is for you.  I don't even remember which may be a bad thing lol.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Job scheduling me more hours than I want [Re: Barnaby]
    #25910811 -

Right on


--------------------
[quote]Asante said:
You constantly make posts thatr fling middle school insults at people you don't like mixed in with maladjusted psychopathic comments about wanting to beat up the other poster with a crowbar.

You know how shit you are, you just don't give a fuck for precisely that reason.

I disendorse you.[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Job scheduling me more hours than I want [Re: TheFakeSunRa]
    #25910978 -

I guarantee one of your coworkers wants those extra hours. Figure out who then tell your boss to switch your schedules

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Job scheduling me more hours than I want [Re: Barnaby]
    #25911107 -

No way I'm quitting it's not a bad gig at all and it let's me train jiu jitsu, help parents with rent and buy my own shit. Just wish I could set my own hours.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Job scheduling me more hours than I want [Re: yeah]
    #25911134 -

yeah said:
No way I'm quitting it's not a bad gig at all and it let's me train jiu jitsu, help parents with rent and buy my own shit. Just wish I could set my own hours.



What if they jump your hours to 30?


--------------------
[quote]Asante said:
You constantly make posts thatr fling middle school insults at people you don't like mixed in with maladjusted psychopathic comments about wanting to beat up the other poster with a crowbar.

You know how shit you are, you just don't give a fuck for precisely that reason.

I disendorse you.[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Job scheduling me more hours than I want [Re: Barnaby]
    #25911621 -

Barnaby said:
Quit.  Best thing you could do for oneself.  I did 16 times in one year filing my EZ-40's.  Fuck them.  You've been one busy boy, said the clerk at the IRS office.  Still makes me laugh.  There is so much more to life then slaving under someone for nothing.



You must have a nice resume because if I did that it'd take me a year to find a non-fast food job

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Job scheduling me more hours than I want [Re: Konyap]
    #25911690 -

Konyap said:
Barnaby said:
Quit.  Best thing you could do for oneself.  I did 16 times in one year filing my EZ-40's.  Fuck them.  You've been one busy boy, said the clerk at the IRS office.  Still makes me laugh.  There is so much more to life then slaving under someone for nothing.



You must have a nice resume because if I did that it'd take me a year to find a non-fast food job



I have a pretty strong resume and I’ve fucked it up to that point. I try not to look at it that way though

“you think you're so clever and classless and free
But you're still fucking peasants as far as I can see”

John Lennon has got my number


--------------------
[quote]Asante said:
You constantly make posts thatr fling middle school insults at people you don't like mixed in with maladjusted psychopathic comments about wanting to beat up the other poster with a crowbar.

You know how shit you are, you just don't give a fuck for precisely that reason.

I disendorse you.[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Job scheduling me more hours than I want [Re: TheFakeSunRa]
    #25912241 -

work for yourself




--------------------
Life. 2008

Ascension Energy | UFOs | 2021

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Job scheduling me more hours than I want [Re: PumpJackTeX]
    #25912243 -

bike messenger?


--------------------
[quote]Asante said:
You constantly make posts thatr fling middle school insults at people you don't like mixed in with maladjusted psychopathic comments about wanting to beat up the other poster with a crowbar.

You know how shit you are, you just don't give a fuck for precisely that reason.

I disendorse you.[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Job scheduling me more hours than I want [Re: TheFakeSunRa]
    #25912250 -

how did you guess?!?!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Job scheduling me more hours than I want [Re: PumpJackTeX]
    #25912269 -

How do you avoid having a boss?


--------------------
[quote]Asante said:
You constantly make posts thatr fling middle school insults at people you don't like mixed in with maladjusted psychopathic comments about wanting to beat up the other poster with a crowbar.

You know how shit you are, you just don't give a fuck for precisely that reason.

I disendorse you.[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Job scheduling me more hours than I want [Re: TheFakeSunRa]
    #25912437 -

idk it's a union job tho, maybe I could just go to them


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Job scheduling me more hours than I want [Re: yeah]
    #25912463 -

Wait you work part time? If you are being pushed over 40 hours I’d bitch but part-time is just that. When you got hired did your job description say occasional overtime? If so you can’t complain. Also a union job? Bro seriously? It sounds like its a good fucking job just work or tell them to hire more. I worked 4 10 hour shifts and when we did extra hours it was hardd because our shifts were already long af.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Job scheduling me more hours than I want [Re: yeah]
    #25912465 -

Tell them you're fully scheduled with school and other commitments and they won't get the best from you if you work too many hours. Make it seem in their interest to give you the hours you want. Even better, make it seem like it's their idea by explaining the situation without suggesting the solution..

If they tell you to get fucked and get back to work, then you can start looking at other alternatives.  :shrug:


--------------------
We are the music makers, the dreamers of dreams.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Job scheduling me more hours than I want [Re: TheFakeSunRa]
    #25912521 -

TheFakeSunRa said:
How do you avoid having a boss?




my phone is my boss.

Yet I am in full control of my phone.

I click a app when I want to work.

The only time Door Dash or Postmates have contacted me with a human representative was once through Postmates to tell me that I left my wallet at a pizza Merchant.

I have no set schedule to follow.

I have made up to $45\hr

Also have a valid Class A CDL with 5 years 18 wheelers experience

Yet fuck all that.

I love my job now.

I felt bad fracking. I can feel good aboht my impact doing this job. I provide a emission free delivery service now.

I'm technically classified as a independent contractor.


--------------------
Life. 2008

Ascension Energy | UFOs | 2021

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Job scheduling me more hours than I want [Re: yeah]
    #25912574 -

yeah said:
idk it's a union job tho, maybe I could just go to them



I had a union job for years. You don’t want to waste the unions time with petty shit.
A union job in this day and age? Man, I’d just swallow the extra hours or just talk to your boss real friendly like.

It sounds like you’re doing damn well for yourself. Congratulations.

Watch out because it’s easy to fuck up. I know of that which I speak.

Is it a job that might have a lucrative future after you get your degree? Those are often the people who make out the best. Work during college. They end up liking you a lot. You get that degree and a nice promotion with it at a company that you’ve already built a solid foundation with. Man, I wish that were my life.

Good luck.


--------------------
[quote]Asante said:
You constantly make posts thatr fling middle school insults at people you don't like mixed in with maladjusted psychopathic comments about wanting to beat up the other poster with a crowbar.

You know how shit you are, you just don't give a fuck for precisely that reason.

I disendorse you.[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Job scheduling me more hours than I want [Re: TheFakeSunRa]
    #25912616 -

I had a union job with Kroger.

They are about to go on stike i think.


The local king super is hiring temps for tbe stike.


--------------------
Life. 2008

Ascension Energy | UFOs | 2021

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Job scheduling me more hours than I want [Re: PumpJackTeX]
    #25912625 -

It seems like OP is more concerned about his job interfering with his “training” than he is with his school. :shrug:


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Job Interview.
( 1 2 all )
funkymonk 4,675 30 09/17/04 08:37 PM
by funkymonk
* How to respectfully leave your job?
( 1 2 all )
Delyrium 4,338 23 05/14/04 11:34 AM
by Ripple
* How the fuck do I get a job!?
( 1 2 all )
sHrOoMeRrR420 4,018 23 04/02/19 04:49 PM
by cannabinated
* A 24-hour town ToTheSummit 921 5 05/16/04 11:37 AM
by YouEnjoyMyself
* ::::::My New Job::::::: funkymonk 566 3 05/19/04 10:02 AM
by Phishgrrl
* mushroom jobs? otis5 1,792 13 11/25/03 07:12 AM
by otis5
* Sushi Restaurant Job
( 1 2 all )
PDU 3,737 28 11/21/03 02:42 AM
by felix
* Job Interview!!! funkymonk 2,030 13 05/15/04 11:15 AM
by funkymonk

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
963 topic views. 1 members, 14 guests and 86 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.04 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.