Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineStevo21
Aimless drifter

Problems with ultrasonic humidifier
    #2584007 - 04/20/04 07:50 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

My terrarium has a humidifier run through 3 pop bottles (airtight, or close to setup that levels at 96% usually) and when it's running right, the last bottle barely has any, and the first is cloudy (normal, obviuosly). I was thinking of running the system 24/7, but then I realized after about 25 minutes of running, the first bottle isn't filling full of mist anymore until I turn it off and give it a bit. I have an air exchange hole at the bottom of the terrarium, and there doesn't appear to be any clogs of water, so any suggestions? I"m really curious as to why it runs proper sometimes, and refuses to run others. Because as of now, it's only leveling at 80%.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinediscored
Re: Problems with ultrasonic humidifier [Re: Stevo21]
    #2584772 - 04/20/04 11:27 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

sounds a little extravagent to me. I never understood the whole pop bottle thing anyway. i merely pop the lid on my terariums, (when i use em), and blow my ultrasonic humidifier right in, i do it about every 2 hours or so.

OfflineDerek
Re: Problems with ultrasonic humidifier [Re: discored]
    #2584802 - 04/20/04 11:37 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

so you manually hose ultrasonic mist into your terrariums every 2 hours?

Offlinediscored
Re: Problems with ultrasonic humidifier [Re: Derek]
    #2584995 - 04/21/04 12:34 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

well my friend roughly does this every few hours, cept for when he is at work. the cakes he has in their now seem to like it, no abhorts. there should still be a good layer of perlite on the bottom. there is deffinetly a difference when not the ultrasonic is not used. pluss its fun to look at em , and im sure they dont mind the extra air.

discored
p.s. anyone let me know if im full of shit here

OfflineDerek
Re: Problems with ultrasonic humidifier [Re: discored]
    #2585752 - 04/21/04 02:58 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

If you're doing fine, then you're not full of shit, it just seems odd to me that you choose to do by hand what most do with timers.

OfflineStevo21
Aimless drifter

#2586359 - 04/21/04 11:19 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

bump...can anyone answer MY question, can it have something to do with the water level in the humidifier?

Offlinemycoguy
old hand

Loc: PNW
    #2592060 - 04/22/04 07:41 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Stevo21 said:
My terrarium has a humidifier run through 3 pop bottles (airtight, or close to setup that levels at 96% usually) and when it's running right, the last bottle barely has any, and the first is cloudy (normal, obviuosly). I was thinking of running the system 24/7, but then I realized after about 25 minutes of running, the first bottle isn't filling full of mist anymore until I turn it off and give it a bit. I have an air exchange hole at the bottom of the terrarium, and there doesn't appear to be any clogs of water, so any suggestions? I"m really curious as to why it runs proper sometimes, and refuses to run others. Because as of now, it's only leveling at 80%.

sounds like you may have a problem with your humidifier.
make sure the sensor needle/probe and ultrasonic elements are clean.
if you use normal water in your ultrasonic, mineral deposits will build up inside. maybe your ultrasonic element is dying.

Troubleshoot the problem. Process of elimination.
disconnect the humidifier from the bottles, and let it run. does it still quit after 25 minutes? if so, then obviously your humidifier has a problem.

Oh ya...here's another thing. and this may very well be your problem... some ultrasonics have a humidity sensor (not sure where it's located, but the instructions will probably mention something about it, if it does indeed have one.) anyhow, the sensor will automatically turn off the humidifer, when the sensor sees that the air is too humid. If this is the case, then you may be able to open up your humidifier and disable the sensor. (this sensor is different than the one that is in your water reservoir.)

Offlinediscored
Re: Problems with ultrasonic humidifier [Re: Derek]
    #2592072 - 04/22/04 08:23 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

well my friend does ok, as far as the timer, its quicker to spend a few seconds every so often then to spend a an hour setting it up and cutting holes in my shit. I dont mind, plus it gives them proper air circulation imo.

wayne

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation