Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepolyp0re
Stranger
Help me ID these B.C. tree mushrooms (STUNNING)
    #25830826 - 02/22/19 07:13 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

All these mushrooms were found on Victoria island British Columbia, Canada. I have a good idea what some of them are, but some I have never seen. If you have any idea on any of them, please post. I have them numbered with pictures and descriptions. Even if you just know 1 or 2 I'd still like to hear what you think.

#1 - very large and hard with layers of ridges. Underside has microscopic pores. Barely visible with the eye. Dark purplish brown bruising where I touched it on the pore surface.

#2 - Hard and grey with a hard white pore surface. Pores are so tiny they're barely visible. In somewhat of a bell shape

#3 - Brown in the shape of a half-dome. Flares out at the bottom where it makes a ridge that has a lighter color than the rest of it. Pore surface is brown and speckled white (maybe old?) Difficult to tell where pores are

#4 - medium hard and somewhat bell shaped. Flares out at the bottom. Bottom also looks ruffled or crinkled. You can make out rings on the surface. Pore surface is brown and more brittle. Pores are large. They appear round but in some some sections they come together to form lines.

#5 - Hard, round and bulbous. Kind of looks like the Piranha plant from Mario. Top side it an orangey red and the bottom surface is white. Has a visible lip that juts out. Surface is sticky with mycope. It appeared wet when I pulled it off the tree

#6 these are 2 different mushrooms but I'm pretty sure they're the same species. Dark red with a orange/yellow stripe on the lip. Pore surface is white

Let me know what you think! Thanks!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gulf Coast USA Flag
Trusted Identifier
Re: Help me ID these B.C. tree mushrooms (STUNNING) [Re: polyp0re]
    #25831223 - 02/23/19 12:21 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

I'm no good at identifying polyporales, if you don't get an answer here, you can try at:
www.mushroomobserver.org

Lots of smart people there too.

--------------------

Psilocybe cubensis data collection thread. please help with this project if you hunt wild cubensis.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=26513593&page=0&vc=1#26513593

OfflineMoria841
Male

Loc: NJ Flag
Trusted Identifier
Re: Help me ID these B.C. tree mushrooms (STUNNING) [Re: Doc9151]
    #25833654 - 02/23/19 10:44 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Not great with polypores either but I'll give it my best shot

1. Possibly something like Ganoderma Applanatum
2: might be Fomes Fomentarius
3: Not sure
4: Phellinus Pini
5: looks like Fomitopsis Pinicola, especially considering the wetness. The next two could be the same as well.

--------------------

Moria's Gymnopilus Guide

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder