Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Found some forgotten plates please take a look:)
    #25799652 -

So I had some plates that I had forgotten about and found today.... They both had bacteria, and I put them aside in a drawer and came back to this today.

*note I am new to agar, so I don't care if y'all judge me, in fact I want y'all to be as hard one me as possible for this:)

Plate #1
was kinda a stupid idea I had... I had homemade syringes of RW f10 and PE6 and drew a line on the back of the plate and put a drop of each on either side, my motives were that I wanted to see the different strains grow out and reach each other and see what would happen.(call me a dork, but I did it with the PE6 and RW because they are both "hybrids" themselves and my theory was that they may be accustomed to intertwining:)) I ended up fucking up by tilting the plate and the spore drops mixed all over the plate, and an orange bacteria grew so I put the aside...
I came back today and saw this

They seemed to have taking over and eating the bacteria, and I can't tell where one begins or ends, they also seem to be knotting. Now my question is if it pins and makes a white pin is it a high chance of it being 100% RW? Or can it be a mix of them both? Is there any way for me to continue this scientifically or did my initial sloppy ness screw me?
  I did appreciate of both rather than isolates because I thought that with an abundance of genetics in sport solution there may be a better chance of them combinning.  I never intended to make a legit cross, just wanted to see what would happen.

Plate #2 wild pan. Cinctulus
The print I started with was 2 years old, on printer paper I colected myself.  At first I got no germination that looked like mycelium, mostly bacteria spots.  I noticed today that 2 areas may be legit cinct mycelium, and am debating transfer. But at what cost? Idk exactly what cinct mycelium looks like on agar, I have seen it in the wild on dirt/grass sod, and stem butts, but if y'all have any cinct agar plates I'd love to see them.



BTW y'all shoulda never let me start agar, it is too much fun, I have completely switched over and even discarded my pf containers even with some almost ready to fruit... Because the space is much more valuable for agar and grain.....


--------------------
Trade List
Panaeolus projects n pics timeline


Be the party yah wanna go to!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Found some forgotten plates please take a look:) [Re: ChocolateMilk]
    #25799683 -

They both look like a big mess.. I wouldn't fuck with either of them.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Found some forgotten plates please take a look:) [Re: CreamyGoodness]
    #25799693 -

I don’t even fuck with agar out side of a few times and even I agree :whathesaid: if they have ben forgotten then it’s no loss so I’d toss that and save the energy time and pennies


--------------------
If I blaze at the space station am I higher than a space ship

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Found some forgotten plates please take a look:) [Re: Peekachu]
    #25799716 -

Im probably just gonna keep them and see what they do, I may try to save the cincts, but idk if its even worth opening the plate, or wasting another plate on the transfer. They seem hard to cultivate indoors. And if I wait till summer i can just pick all the ones I will ever need, I just saw that they can produce stones if culted inside, and not that there aren't MUCH better stone producers out there I just thought it would be cool, but the amount of time space and money is not worth it atm


--------------------
Trade List
Panaeolus projects n pics timeline


Be the party yah wanna go to!

Edited by ChocolateMilk (02/08/19 04:19 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* How many agar plates with one disposable loop? stash9 339 5 02/08/19 05:33 PM
by mushpunx
* "Proper" nomenclature for labeling agar plates/strains Hafrican 4,054 7 04/26/07 05:28 PM
by Hafrican
* getting pan cinct to grow on my lawn Shroomloser 561 1 06/26/11 06:16 PM
by CyanescensRule
* Almost forgotten casing… cne9999 449 5 10/11/09 01:05 PM
by cne9999
* Agar plate question...Syzygy 25 year old spores! drdee 4,111 14 10/23/11 11:12 PM
by igigi
* How many agar plates? total 9,837 18 11/06/10 04:13 PM
by andymc
* Agar Plates & Psi Azure Multispore, and more... FalseMaria 1,098 10 03/08/11 04:31 PM
by FalseMaria
* MS innoc. on agar plates johnny_poke 1,537 9 06/07/11 05:59 AM
by anonjon

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
210 topic views. 17 members, 131 guests and 217 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 16 queries.