Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Low yields
    #25785052 -

Anyone know why my shoe boxes only put out an average of 7gs dry each? 10 shoe boxes. All the same. I do brf cakes into bulk coir. They grow so spread out.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Low yields [Re: Rot]
    #25785135 -

Could be a lot of things, genetics, nutrition of the substrate. Multispore is a but of a crapshoot at the best of times. Solution in this case is the same use agar to inoculate grains and do grain to grain transfers and use those to inoculate your coir. While that's going work on isolating a few different cultures and then fruit them all and keep the best performing ones. Between the test results and the higher yields you'll have more shrooms than you know what to do with.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Low yields [Re: Rederick]
    #25785199 -

Yep. Could be genetics. Lotta varying genetics when each cake is inoculated via spores

Could very well be you aren't dialing in your conditions very well.

Also could be bacteria, BRF cakes are inoculated by spore solution typically , which more often than not contains some bacteria.

Have you considered getting a PC to do agar/grains?


--------------------

Amateur Mycologists United
AMU Q&A

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Low yields [Re: mushpunx]
    #25785203 -

:whathesaid:
Conditions are more important than genetics IME.
Of cause it could be genetics but low yields often are a result of too dry or too wet substrates.


--------------------
Since english is not my native language, please excuse any misunderstandings or stange verbalizations :wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Low yields [Re: Buho colorido]
    #25785531 -

Thanks for the replies guys. I thought I would add a few pics. My boxes always comme out looking like this. I keep the lid on sealed for 10 days which is usually when I see my first pins. then I unsnap one side and let it sit until they reach the lid then dub tub.



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Low yields [Re: Rot] * 1
    #25785540 -

My only regret in cultivating is that I didn't get into agar work right off the bat.

Clean grain spawn in coir produces loads, with the added assurance of not competing with contaminates. 

I highly advise making the leap.


--------------------
🅃🄴🄰🄼 🄸🄷🄾🄿


New to cultivation or the shroomery?  Observe the hitchhiker's guide

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery



Smellyhobbit said:
"Wiping a needle with isopropyl after flame sterilization is like shitting after you wipe your ass."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Low yields [Re: Mr Piggy] * 1
    #25785542 -

Mr Piggy said:
My only regret in cultivating is that I didn't get into agar work right off the bat.

Clean grain spawn in coir produces loads, with the added assurance of not competing with contaminates. 

I highly advise making the leap.



I agree. I think it's time to go out of my comfort zone.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Low yields [Re: Rot]
    #25785549 -

Clean spawn with adequate hydration and a nice even substrate will provide thick, heavy, even flushes. Good luck, it's pretty easy TBH


--------------------
Never give up, never surrender.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Low yields [Re: Failboat]
    #25785554 -

Quirkmeister92 said:
Clean spawn with adequate hydration and a nice even substrate will provide thick, heavy, even flushes. Good luck, it's pretty easy TBH



I followed the guides for hydration levels. My coir is the perfect "field cap". I try to make it as even as flat as possible. I never get side pins. I have now tried these as cakes and as bulk and the results are the same. So I believe it's something to do with the BRF or the multispore syringes.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Low yields [Re: Rot] * 1
    #25785809 -

Rot said:
Mr Piggy said:
My only regret in cultivating is that I didn't get into agar work right off the bat.

Clean grain spawn in coir produces loads, with the added assurance of not competing with contaminates. 

I highly advise making the leap.



I agree. I think it's time to go out of my comfort zone.



Do it buddy!!! Trust me. I am probably just as new to thos as you are especially starting with pf cakes.

Get yourself some grain and do agar work. I promise it's worth it. It's already paying off. This shoebox I have now looks very very promising.. grain spa to coir is the way to go! Make the leap. I am so glad I started!


Made the switch a month ago and wont go back haha.


--------------------
:greyalien:



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Low yields [Re: Vibe_Enthusiast]
    #25785814 -

Honestly, those tubs just look like they need a bit more light/fae. U have some fuzzy feet and smallish caps.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Low yields [Re: nube424]
    #25785870 -

How many cakes were spawned per box?
Where/how are the boxes being colonized/fruited.
How much are you misting,is your coir at field capacity when spawning?
After all that,it still could be genetics,but IMO,it's one or more of the above causing issue.


--------------------


BRF to bulk/Cakes as spawn

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Low yields [Re: mushroomnate]
    #25785930 -

You're using syringes? Not a great start, but if you have little cakes that might be the issue.


--------------------
Never give up, never surrender.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Low yields [Re: nube424]
    #25785980 -

nube424 said:
Honestly, those tubs just look like they need a bit more light/fae. U have some fuzzy feet and smallish caps.



I concure. Sub looks a little dry as well; hard to tell.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Low yields [Re: Rot]
    #25786412 -

Rot said:
Thanks for the replies guys. I thought I would add a few pics. My boxes always comme out looking like this. I keep the lid on sealed for 10 days which is usually when I see my first pins. then I unsnap one side and let it sit until they reach the lid then dub tub.





Yea these look like you need to learn to dial in your surface conditions


--------------------

Amateur Mycologists United
AMU Q&A

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Low yields [Re: mushroomnate]
    #25786924 -

mushroomnate said:
How many cakes were spawned per box?
Where/how are the boxes being colonized/fruited.
How much are you misting,is your coir at field capacity when spawning?
After all that,it still could be genetics,but IMO,it's one or more of the above causing issue.



4 cakes per box. I never mist. The coir is field cap at spawn. Also I just bought a pressure cooker 5 mins ago. Gonna try to learn grains.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Low yields [Re: Rot]
    #25787006 -

Rot said:






thats not genetics or multispore luck. all spindly and bendy? bad conditions bruh. here :awegroove:

how you preppin that bulk sub?? brf to bulk gave me decent enough results:shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Low yields [Re: Rot]
    #25787010 -

Maybe you use too much coir?

I go for 50/50, 50 Myc(brf) and 50 Coir.

Go by Volume.For 4 x 200ml BRF cakes use only 800 ml coir at field capacity = 1.6 L cake

Boil some water and pour it over the dry coir and let it sit in a pot for about an hour, then let it cool off to room temp.

Myc likes cooked coir.


--------------------

Edited by korgoth (02/02/19 08:33 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Low yields [Re: korgoth]
    #25787023 -

korgoth said:
Maybe you use too much coir?

I go for 50/50, 50 Myc(brf) and 50 Coir.

Go by Volume.For 4 x 200ml BRF cakes use only 800 ml coir at field capacity = 1.6 L cake

Boil some water and pour it over the dry coir and let it sit in a pot for about an hour, then let it cool off to room temp.

Myc likes cooked coir.



What I did is took a cheese grater and used 4 cakes into each shoe box. Then meassured out 5 half pint jar sizes of coir into a bowl. Then boiled water and poured the water into the coir. Mixed it well then let it cool. Then I picked up handfuls of coir and squeezed it before adding it over the grated cakes.

I eyeballed it to 50/50 coir/cakes then put a layer of squeezed coir over the top of it to cover it. Snapped the lids on and put dates on them. 10 days later I see my first pin. I unsnap one side of the tub until the shrooms reach the lid then I dub tub them.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Low yields [Re: Rot]
    #25787038 -

Come over to the oat side... oh yeah print and clone your fruits


--------------------
Never give up, never surrender.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Low yields xwave3000 1,772 8 04/09/03 08:03 PM
by fugu
* Low Yields TinMan 1,431 5 01/01/03 06:58 AM
by MickyFinn
* Re: EXREMELY Low Yield & Potency case 2,235 6 02/17/00 02:02 PM
by Anonymous
* what's the best growkit/ growing method? easiest and best yield
( 1 2 3 all )
zorak 12,788 54 11/30/11 07:11 PM
by cdmc1984
* Average Yield
( 1 2 all )
Thom_Yorke 3,855 29 12/17/02 04:33 AM
by fungusflip
* Yield prozacworks1ders 1,289 10 02/26/05 03:16 PM
by LengthyFellow
* Re: Yield per cased jar. Anonymous 1,592 3 12/16/99 06:33 PM
by Anonymous
* Low yeilds
( 1 2 all )
Raekwon 2,362 28 01/23/03 11:59 AM
by Raekwon

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
675 topic views. 9 members, 89 guests and 259 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 16 queries.