Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Paul Stamets, Rye Grain, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineprozacworks1ders
Stranger
Yield
    #3836510 - 02/26/05 01:06 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

One more question...about how many shrooms will you get out of a one quart jar? Before I get any goofy answers, I already know that different strains will yield different amounts, but there has to be an average for weight, right? I mean, if I use a one quart jar of brown rice substrate, will I get a half ounce or what? I'm planning on using more than one jar and I'm just trying to see approximately how many jars I need to get the desired amount. :smile:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSpaceVox
 User Gallery

Loc: Netherlands
Re: Yield [Re: prozacworks1ders]
    #3836533 - 02/26/05 01:11 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

That will depend on how good your grow conditions are:P

--------------------

Edited by SpaceVox (02/26/05 01:12 PM)

InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
Loc: I moved!
Re: Yield [Re: SpaceVox]
    #3836583 - 02/26/05 01:25 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Honestly, most first time growers see poor yeilds. Most, that is. I bet you ten to one that two months from now you will be seeing much higher yeilds from the same procedure. That says something about experience.

Plus, a mere difference in water content can show different yields.

Sorry, I have no idea what you will get. I don't do jars - never have, never will :P

--------------------
ADoobie said:
I know what strikes me as odd about this. It is totally unnatural. The whole idea is just totally backwards.

So are historians going to look back at 'The Great Cake Eaters'? Damn. That was a backwards step in the evolutionary process. We left Shroomheads in the dust. Welcome to the new age of Vermheads.

VvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVv

I ONLY STUDY legal, edible mushrooms and mycology. Any mention of any other kind of mushroom is purely fictional, and pictures are ripped from the internet. I do not grow mushrooms!

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Yield [Re: prozacworks1ders]
    #3836735 - 02/26/05 02:00 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

prozacworks1ders said:
but there has to be an average for weight, right?

There sure is. Theres a magic number for quart jars you can yeild everytime.
0-100 grams.
Per quart.
Everytime.
Guarenteed.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineMachmood
Stranger
Re: Yield [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3837164 - 02/26/05 03:30 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

ill give the kid a break, if ur conditions are excellent n everything was done tp perfection you could see as high as an oz dry per flush, usually like 3 flushes, but unfortunatly you will not get this, its just a fact, if u get 15 grams per flush u should be happy, per quart jar this is, im assumiong the wquart is going into one casing

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Yield [Re: Machmood]
    #3837188 - 02/26/05 03:36 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

"if ur conditions are excellent n everything was done tp perfection you could see as high as an oz dry per flush, usually like 3 flushes"

If conditions are excellent and everything was done to perfection you could see higher then an ounce dry per flush. I shoot for 30-40 grams for the first two flushes and 20-30 for the third, few more after that if I decide to keep it.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: Yield [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3837203 - 02/26/05 03:38 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Forgot who said this, but it's Perfect...

What you just asked is like me saying, If i plant 100 rye grass seeds, how many times will I have to mow the lawn" :smirk: :ban:

Case, use poo/hay as a sub or compost, that's what the big cats like Agar suggest :thumbup:...That's more than likely where you'll find a nice sized yeild if you put sum tlc in it.

gl

-Gnostic

OfflineTomatadunothing
Stranger

Re: Yield [Re: Machmood]
    #3837206 - 02/26/05 03:38 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Dude, brown rice sucks as spawn. It holds too much water. Get yourself some wild bird seed to use as spawn.

As far as yield goes, trust me, it doesn't matter. Pay attention to your methods, and more importantly, your cleanliness, and let mother nature take care of the rest.

I tell this to everyone, but go read The Mushroom Cultivator and growing gourmet and medicinal mushrooms.

As you become a more skilled mycologist, your yields and success rates will improve, but I honestly hope you aren't trying to grow cubensis for profit. Greed can blind you, and your product will, without a doubt, suffer.

OfflineTokagekobushi
Low RankingPsychonaut

Loc: Blitzed out of my skull
Re: Yield [Re: Tomatadunothing]
    #3837236 - 02/26/05 03:51 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Thank you guys!
I was wondering the exact same thing.
I was planning on doing the same thing, for my first time cakes are said to be the easiest as starters, and as exp goes up, move onto casings n stuff of that nature, but I was just wondering how much mushies im going to get from my first 5-6 1/2 pint jars. I dont guess it will be much, but, high yields would encourage me to go further. if every time I make a jar or casing, it only yields like, 10 grams dry gross, it would be discouraging

--------------------
"Mans unfailing capacity to beleive what he prefers to be true, rather than what evidence proves to be likely and possible, has always astounded me. We longe for a caring universe that will save us from our childish mistakes, and in the face of mountains of evidence to the contrary, we will pin all our hopes on the slimmest doubts. God hasnt been proven not to exist, therefore, he must exist!"

"Einstein would turn over in his grave! Not only does God play dice, but the dice are loaded."

"Some would ask, Why would a perfect god create a universe that if filled with so much evil. They have missed a greater conumdrum. Why would a perfect god create a universe at all?"

OfflineTomatadunothing
Stranger

Re: Yield [Re: Tokagekobushi]
    #3837522 - 02/26/05 04:46 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

You mean you wouldn't be excited at the proposition of getting high on your own supply? PF tek cakes are low yielding, but unless you are completely neglegent, you should pull at least a dose off of each cake. Why does everyone want to grow a giant mountain of mushrooms their first try? I was surprised that it worked at all the first time I witnessed the cultivation process.

Until you get a solid grasp of mycology, trying to grow bulk puts a ton of variables into the equation that you don't have to deal with using the pf tek.

Like I said earlier, DON'T WORRY ABOUT YIELDS! PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR METHODS AND CLEANLINESS, AND MOTHER NATURE WILL DO THE REST!

OfflineLengthyFellow
I play with poo

Re: Yield [Re: Tomatadunothing]
    #3837616 - 02/26/05 05:16 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

my friends first time he used pftek with 6 half pint jars. 3 were left as cakes and 3 were cased with verm. TOTAL YEILD was just under 4 grams dry. The whole of the yeild was consumed and effects were negligible. Did he get discouraged? No. Was he expecting more? Yes. Don't expect anything and if u get 10 grams dry gross be happy.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Paul Stamets, Rye Grain, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation