Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: 95% Abhorts.
    #25747 - 07/27/00 08:41 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Can't too much water cause hellahish pins with lower fruiting? Did you use the original PF mix or the extra fruiting mix?
Just curious. Also, aren't the smaller abhorts more potent than their big brothers?
I thought trip wise it would be better to have a bunch of baby shrooms that some really big ones.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

#25749 - 07/27/00 09:32 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Check out these grow tips here, He's probably the best !

http://www.thehawkseye.com/

later...

-=zillion=-

Anonymous

#25750 - 07/27/00 11:33 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

abhorts are nothing to get upset over. they actually contain more psylocybin than their bigger sisters.

Anonymous

#25751 - 07/27/00 11:44 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

That happened to me with one cake. i wish i could tell you what to do but i cant. condidering that all 4 are doing it try making like a poor mans terrarium and place a cake in there, picked of all abhorts. if it does good in there you know its your terrarium.

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

#25752 - 07/27/00 12:01 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Usually a lack of fresh O2 will cause the mushrooms to ahbort, but you said you had been fanning 3X a day so that cant be the case.

I have noticed a few strains produce a lot more ahborts then other strains. The original pf fat ass strain produces way more ahborts then most strains. I've also noticed a couple of Gulf Strains I worked with in the past produced a lot of ahborts so I abandon them.

Which strain is it that did this to you?

-peace- www.thehawkseye.com

--------------------
-Peace-

High Quality MUSHROOM SPORES and CULTURES  for microscopy at www.muShrooms.com

muShrooms.com is the new web site of
www.thehawkseye.com

OfflineYEMushrooms
Loc: indiana
    #25753 - 07/27/00 12:26 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

the first couple batches i ever grew were very abundent with abhorts. i was excited as shit to see about 100 pins per cake, thinking that was as many mushrooms as i was going to get, but maybe only 15% grew to maturiy. when all was said and done though, i had probably 5 or 6 doses worth of abhorts, so they definately arent anything to worry about.

OfflineChangLee
enthusiast
    #25754 - 07/27/00 04:21 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Which strain is it that did this to you?

PF's strain. Matias Romero, is it?

--------------------
". . . and I'm searchin' for the latest thing, a break in this routine--I'm talkin' some new kicks; ones like you ain't never seen. . . . "

OfflineChangLee
enthusiast
    #25755 - 07/31/00 01:30 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

ok, well here's my nematode, with a newly birthed cake, birthed on the day it told me to start this thread.

it's in there with the other 3 cakes. . the other three have never produced a second flush; that my nematode has read about.

my nematode has acutally cleaned the terrarium out with some highly diluted bleach water, and rinsed thorougly. . . it hopes in earnest that the 30 or so pins that have started will do what the PF tek says. . . "some of these pins will abhort, but most will grow into the stately beauties called sporocarps. . . . "

if only. . . . .

------------------

--------------------
". . . and I'm searchin' for the latest thing, a break in this routine--I'm talkin' some new kicks; ones like you ain't never seen. . . . "

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract