Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | | Last >
Re: What are you watching on netflix? [Re: gopher]
    #25718992 -

Lately I have been watching "Murder Mountain", a documentary series about missing and murdered people in an area of California known for cannabis growing. Pretty interesting stuff. I did a brief stint of trimming work for some guys in Quebec who got robbed while I was there.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are you watching on netflix? [Re: ohcrapitsnico]
    #25719007 -

ohcrapitsnico said:
I watch primarily movies on Netflix.

Heaven Knows What - Safdie brothers movie about a true story of heroin addicts in NYC, soundtrack is awesome and makes for great texture, film wraps up neatly by the end, superb A+ filmmaking

Private Life - hilarious and emotionally biting movie about an infertile middle aged couple trying to have a child, one of the better movies of this year

Roma - saw this in the movie theater but this one's about a live in native maid in 1970s Mexico City, movie is epic and grand and the ending tears you apart and builds you back up

Bonus:

Icaros: A Vision on Amazon Prime - about a dying woman who goes to the Amazon to do ayahuasca, very little narrative and mostly pure cinematic experience, a touch amateurish in some of the psychedelic sequences but altogether compelling and worth watching



Going to watch heaven knows what right now.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are you watching on netflix? [Re: Firstttimer]
    #25719013 -

The last season of A Series of Unfortunate Events is out!!!!! :awebig:


--------------------
Maiden, Mother, and Crone.

You are Me and I am You.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are you watching on netflix? [Re: psi]
    #25719019 -

psi said:
Lately I have been watching "Murder Mountain", a documentary series about missing and murdered people in an area of California known for cannabis growing. Pretty interesting stuff. I did a brief stint of trimming work for some guys in Quebec who got robbed while I was there.



Robbed? How much bud we talking about? Dumb but what ya feeled when this was happening?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are you watching on netflix? [Re: SARAtonin] * 1
    #25719139 -

SARAtonin said:
The last season of A Series of Unfortunate Events is out!!!!! :awebig:



Dank.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are you watching on netflix? [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #25719154 -

Love the movie, not seen the show.  I take it by your reaction they pull it off though?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are you watching on netflix? [Re: Firstttimer] * 1
    #25719160 -

Tens of pounds I guess? Maybe more. They came early in the morning just as one or two people were getting up. I was still in bed and a guy came and ziptied my hands together.  I was full out panicked at first but I realized they just wanted to get the weed and get out of there.  But we were not too surprised that it happened. One of the partners seemed like he might have had something to do with it. Always coked up and talking up being a big shot.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are you watching on netflix? [Re: Amanita86]
    #25719179 -

The Netflix version of A Series of Unfortunate Events is much better (imo) than the movie.  The movie’s ok, but I sometimes get tired halfway through watching Jim Carrey chew up the scenery.  Neil Patrick Harris plays Olaf perfectly, and Patrick Warburton (Putty on Seinfeld) does the best narration as Lemony Snicket.  The show has a lot of funny writing, and the aesthetic is amazing.  Really great art direction.  You might still like the movie more, but the show is definitely worth watching.  Tons of great moments.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are you watching on netflix? [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #25719193 -

Sweet, one thing that earns the movie points from me is the actual sets and lack of cgi except for like 3 minor shots.  Dope story but I think what you’re talking about with it being ā€œboringā€ is the same reason sometimes I’ll go to grab it and be like naaaa, doesnt feel right..  I am a master daydreamer so movies gotta come correct the whole time, not just beginning and end.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are you watching on netflix? [Re: Amanita86]
    #25719319 -

Waiting patiently for the new season of Brooklyn 99 to come out in a couple months 😩


--------------------
:mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:        :mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are you watching on netflix? [Re: EthnoM8] * 1
    #25719377 -

Me and the wife started a new series on Netflix called "You".  I'm getting really sucked into it.  I find it well written.

It's about a stalker and the majority of the time, its narrated by him and his thoughts as he weasels his way into a particular womans life and such.

It's interesting.


--------------------
.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are you watching on netflix? [Re: Masked] * 1
    #25719696 -

It's not Netflix, but I just finished streaming Banshee, a Cinemax show. I can't believe I never watched that before. Lucas Hood = bad ass.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are you watching on netflix? [Re: DustyBottoms]
    #25719985 -

DustyBottoms said:
Martain said:
Saw a good documentary about Scottish wildcats on Netflix the other day.  Also the film "Windriver" was good,  but bleak as fuck!




Wind River was great.  Not for the faint of heart though. 

Mountain was a great documentary.  Beautifuly shot and with an amazing soundtrack.  It’s almost meditative.




Try Hold The Dark.

:boobs:


--------------------


āˆž
I am incapable of conceiving infinity, and yet I do not accept finity.
- Simone de Beauvoir -

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are you watching on netflix? [Re: snoot]
    #25720007 -

Twin Peaks
Mountain
Meru
Kingdoms of the Sky

all really good ones, the latter three are all documentaries about mountains/climbing if you're into that sort of thing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are you watching on netflix? [Re: psilocybeprincess]
    #25720151 -

I've n hooked on hey qween with Johnny McGovern. It's nice to see him do more than just stand up comedy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are you watching on netflix? [Re: tpizzle21] * 1
    #25720233 -

On my 2nd official rewatch of Infinity War. I still don't like how much they humanized Thanos but w/e.

Saw bird box, that was fun

Castlevania s2 was amazing


--------------------
Pull the blinds and change their minds....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are you watching on netflix? [Re: SARAtonin] * 1
    #25720236 -

SARAtonin said:
The last season of A Series of Unfortunate Events is out!!!!! :awebig:



I keep forgetting about this show! ahhhh I need to watch it asap!


--------------------
Pull the blinds and change their minds....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are you watching on netflix? [Re: Cosmic_Flame]
    #25720423 -

I normally don’t use Netflix but I downloaded it using the free trail only for bandersnatch.


--------------------
If your mouth ain’t bloody you’re not eating the ass right


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are you watching on netflix? [Re: Firstttimer]
    #25720482 -

Firstttimer said:
ohcrapitsnico said:
I watch primarily movies on Netflix.

Heaven Knows What - Safdie brothers movie about a true story of heroin addicts in NYC, soundtrack is awesome and makes for great texture, film wraps up neatly by the end, superb A+ filmmaking

Private Life - hilarious and emotionally biting movie about an infertile middle aged couple trying to have a child, one of the better movies of this year

Roma - saw this in the movie theater but this one's about a live in native maid in 1970s Mexico City, movie is epic and grand and the ending tears you apart and builds you back up

Bonus:

Icaros: A Vision on Amazon Prime - about a dying woman who goes to the Amazon to do ayahuasca, very little narrative and mostly pure cinematic experience, a touch amateurish in some of the psychedelic sequences but altogether compelling and worth watching



Going to watch heaven knows what right now.



Just my thoughts, pretty bullshit movie, good life for addicts. Idk why but hoped so much that this 'ilya' was dead in that wc,but that happened anyway.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are you watching on netflix? [Re: Burke Dennings] * 1
    #25720718 -

Cosmic_Flame said:
SARAtonin said:
The last season of A Series of Unfortunate Events is out!!!!! :awebig:



I keep forgetting about this show! ahhhh I need to watch it asap!



Do ettttt!

Burke Dennings said:
The Netflix version of A Series of Unfortunate Events is much better (imo) than the movie.  The movie’s ok, but I sometimes get tired halfway through watching Jim Carrey chew up the scenery.  Neil Patrick Harris plays Olaf perfectly, and Patrick Warburton (Putty on Seinfeld) does the best narration as Lemony Snicket.  The show has a lot of funny writing, and the aesthetic is amazing.  Really great art direction.  You might still like the movie more, but the show is definitely worth watching.  Tons of great moments.



The Jim Carrey movie is absolutely abysmal, easily one of my top 3 least favorite movies if not my least favorite.
I remember being so excited I couldn’t sleep for months after hearing they were making the books into a movie,
I also remember leaving the movie theater in tears because of how bad the movie was, to this day I still despise Jim Carrey.
Those books were an essential part of my childhood, there’s a reason 667 Dark Ave has been my location here for like 5 years.

That said, I really can’t say enough good about the Netflix adaptation. They nailed it.
The mood, the humor, the casting, they got it all right.
And if you ask me, they even went above and beyond.
They followed the books to the letter every time they should have and made changes and additions when they should have.
A lot of the additions they added like Jacquelyn and Larry are so well done not even the biggest ASoUE purest could have anything to complain about.
They keep pieces moving in the background that are refrenced in the books that you never really get to see.
They also fill the show to the gills with random references only hardcore ASoUE could pick up on such as the Last Dutchess of Winnipeg or code phrases such as ā€œwhy hello young lady have you been good to your mother?ā€ To which the correct response is, ā€œThe question is, has my mother been good to me.ā€
And while making the hardcore fans happy they still do a great job making it fun and approachable for those who have never even seen it before.


--------------------
Maiden, Mother, and Crone.

You are Me and I am You.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | | Last >

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* netflix movies Phychotron 2,128 18 11/02/04 03:12 PM
by Pat Bateman, VP
* LSD good for the artist? Kubrick says no
( 1 2 all )
Hiei 4,048 35 09/09/09 11:53 AM
by pfxtc
* A Clockwork Orange vs. Dr Strangelove vs. 2001 A Space Odyssey -- vote for the best Kubrick movie! AsanteM 3,291 17 02/10/06 11:20 PM
by Dimmy
* Kubrick interviews/documentaries? Krishna 721 3 03/21/05 10:40 AM
by Krishna
* Movies NOT to watch while tripping
( 1 2 all )
exclusive58 4,878 26 06/28/06 08:43 PM
by razorbladeshoes
* Blockbuster vs. Netflix
( 1 2 all )
Banez 7,335 36 06/18/07 12:34 AM
by TM
* Netflix v Blockbuster? Gijith 2,484 15 08/11/06 06:14 PM
by TheFakeSunRa
* What should my next NetFlix moive be? LethalX5 729 12 09/05/05 01:08 AM
by king_cobra

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
15,330 topic views. 6 members, 8 guests and 126 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.04 seconds spending 0.012 seconds on 18 queries.