Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | | Last >
Re: What are you watching on netflix? [Re: skorpiovenator] * 1
    #25706267 -

Not out yet, but here’s the trailer for Black Mirror: Bandersnatch


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are you watching on netflix? [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #25707258 -

If it’s not clear from the trailer, Bandersnatch is a choose-your-own-adventure style movie.  It’s got like 5 hours worth of options (not to say that it’s a five hour long movie, but there’s a lot of choices and you can make several different films out of it).

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are you watching on netflix? [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #25707417 -

so choices are supposed come up on the screen?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are you watching on netflix? [Re: cannabinated]
    #25707426 -

There's a Minecraft thing on Netflix that uses the same mechanic. Seems pretty gimmicky but maybe a Black Mirror one could be good.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are you watching on netflix? [Re: psi]
    #25707517 -

Yeah, I actually hated the Minecraft thing.  My 4 year old loved it, but I wasn’t a fan, haha.  Maybe the Black Mirror one will suck too, but at least I’ll know if I don’t like the concept altogether or just when it’s geared towards kids.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are you watching on netflix? [Re: Burke Dennings] * 1
    #25707789 -

Guys I just watched something that I consider to be exceptional, but it was on Amazon Prime, not Netflix.  A horror movie called ‘Hereditary’.  It’s really great, very dreadful.  Excellent story, strong acting, perfect horror movie music.  Really recommend it, it’s easily the best horror movie I’ve seen in a while.  Check it out if you use Prime.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are you watching on netflix? [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #25708401 -

I'm watching Murder Mountain right now. Documentary about Humboldt County pot industry and apparently associated communities and crimes.  I'm just starting episode 2.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are you watching on netflix? [Re: Burke Dennings] * 1
    #25708421 -

Me and the wife really enjoy hereditary.  Creepy as fuck


--------------------
.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are you watching on netflix? [Re: Masked]
    #25708496 -

The Protector.

It’s a little like The Librarians if it was filmed in Turkey.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are you watching on netflix? [Re: Guycelium]
    #25708528 -

"You" on Netflix.

It's about a stalker.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are you watching on netflix? [Re: Masked]
    #25708552 -

Masked said:
Me and the wife really enjoy hereditary.  Creepy as fuck



It surprised me to learn that I view certain horror components differently as a parent than I would’ve before becoming one.  You know what I mean?  I think I would’ve enjoyed Hereditary at any point in my life, but since becoming a parent my fears and anxieties have shifted, and some shit just hits that nerve where it wouldn’t have before.  The scene with the pole literally dropped my jaw, and then all the screaming by Toni Collette afterwards just twisted me up.  It’s crazy to learn how a fear that previously couldn’t reach me now can.  But yeah dude, solid movie for sure.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are you watching on netflix? [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #25708607 -

I watch primarily movies on Netflix.

Heaven Knows What - Safdie brothers movie about a true story of heroin addicts in NYC, soundtrack is awesome and makes for great texture, film wraps up neatly by the end, superb A+ filmmaking

Private Life - hilarious and emotionally biting movie about an infertile middle aged couple trying to have a child, one of the better movies of this year

Roma - saw this in the movie theater but this one's about a live in native maid in 1970s Mexico City, movie is epic and grand and the ending tears you apart and builds you back up

Bonus:

Icaros: A Vision on Amazon Prime - about a dying woman who goes to the Amazon to do ayahuasca, very little narrative and mostly pure cinematic experience, a touch amateurish in some of the psychedelic sequences but altogether compelling and worth watching

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are you watching on netflix? [Re: ohcrapitsnico]
    #25708620 -

Right now I'm watching Good People with James Franco and Kate Hudson.  Pretty fucking stupid.  Why do only stupid people find big bags of cash?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are you watching on netflix? [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #25708682 -

Definitely hear ya there and can relate.

That scene was all sorts of horror

I just re watched apocolypto the other day...and it churns my stomach to see that village slaughtered.  Most notably, a quick shot where one of the dudes is taunting a woman with her 1 or 2 year old, holding it upside down by the leg like it was a stuffed animal :feelsbadman:

A lot of parents I know told me they used to love horrors and just cant muster the will to watch them after having kids

Funny what becoming parents does

I still love em but I get wigged out easier now.  Speaking of which...

About to watch the nun for the first time with the wife just now.  Theater style on my kickass home theater :smile:


--------------------
.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are you watching on netflix? [Re: Masked]
    #25708687 -

Guess I'll try Tidelands.  The preview looked alright.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are you watching on netflix? [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #25708989 -

Burke Dennings said:
If it’s not clear from the trailer, Bandersnatch is a choose-your-own-adventure style movie.  It’s got like 5 hours worth of options (not to say that it’s a five hour long movie, but there’s a lot of choices and you can make several different films out of it).



Are we finally getting interactive TV?! :eek:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are you watching on netflix? [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #25709427 -

LogicaL Chaos said:
Burke Dennings said:
If it’s not clear from the trailer, Bandersnatch is a choose-your-own-adventure style movie.  It’s got like 5 hours worth of options (not to say that it’s a five hour long movie, but there’s a lot of choices and you can make several different films out of it).



Are we finally getting interactive TV?! :eek:



Me and the wife watched the new interactive black mirror bandersnatch last night

Not disappointing at all.  Very cool. I recommend it

I felt like we re watched and chose most options and paths and it was all done in under 2 and half hours.

My favourite path involved invoking "action"(dont want to give spoilers away but those who have played with it will totally know what part I mean lol)


--------------------
.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are you watching on netflix? [Re: Masked]
    #25718858 -

Hey pub, a quick warning about a movie on Netflix.  The movie ‘2036 Origin Unknown’ is pretty much garbage.  I don’t know how you can even fuck up a sci-fi movie that bad, but they did.  It was beyond boring, the story was incoherent, and it felt like a wholesale ripoff of both ‘Moon’ and ‘2001’.  It didn’t make a lot of sense, and what did make sense felt so derivative that I couldn’t believe what I was seeing.  The bad visual effects don’t help, but the script problems make you not even notice the shitty cgi.  It’s all so bad, and not even in a fun way.  It’s just straight up BAD bad.  Don’t waste your time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are you watching on netflix? [Re: Burke Dennings] * 1
    #25718890 -

Lol, probably no one is interested, but in the “Similar Threads” section below there’s a funny thread wherein users debate Blockbuster vs Netflix (it’s 11.5 years old).  Linked here:  https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/7056888/fpart/all

Shroomery member TripMeister goes in hard for Blockbuster, shouting their glory from the mountaintops, claiming that Netflix would be gone soon.  He even mentions owning stock in Blockbuster.  Coda argues that Netflix is better, and the funny part is TM’s cockiness in what he believes to be the truth.  I’m not knocking TM for being wrong- hindsight is 20/20, but it’s cool using the shroomery to look into our past conversations and see who was right with predictions.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are you watching on netflix? [Re: Burke Dennings] * 1
    #25718916 -

i found that thread interesting, like you said its interesting reading peoples predictions


--------------------
For most of the normies out there, an operating system is just a bootloader for Google Chrome.

And I don't know what the mantis is praying for
But he's probably just thanking the Lord
That he don't live in a home
And he don't got a phone
And he don't sit around all angry and bored
(He's just a bug)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | | Last >


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* netflix movies Phychotron 2,128 18 11/02/04 03:12 PM
by Pat Bateman, VP
* LSD good for the artist? Kubrick says no
( 1 2 all )
Hiei 4,048 35 09/09/09 11:53 AM
by pfxtc
* A Clockwork Orange vs. Dr Strangelove vs. 2001 A Space Odyssey -- vote for the best Kubrick movie! AsanteM 3,291 17 02/10/06 11:20 PM
by Dimmy
* Kubrick interviews/documentaries? Krishna 721 3 03/21/05 10:40 AM
by Krishna
* Movies NOT to watch while tripping
( 1 2 all )
exclusive58 4,878 26 06/28/06 08:43 PM
by razorbladeshoes
* Blockbuster vs. Netflix
( 1 2 all )
Banez 7,335 36 06/18/07 12:34 AM
by TM
* Netflix v Blockbuster? Gijith 2,484 15 08/11/06 06:14 PM
by TheFakeSunRa
* What should my next NetFlix moive be? LethalX5 729 12 09/05/05 01:08 AM
by king_cobra

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
15,330 topic views. 3 members, 13 guests and 65 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.