Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |
Re: Mass shooting in Thousand Oaks California leaves at least 12 dead [Re: Jokeshopbeard]
    #25603678 -

Jokeshopbeard said:
Countries that enforce strict gun control have very few mass shootings.



It doesn't take a genius to figure out that there's a correlation.

There's been 265 here this year alone.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mass_shootings_in_the_United_States_in_2018



Fast food is also a good correlation

These statistics reported happen to correspond to the worldwide percentage of analog cheese and high fructose corn syrup consumption

Edited by DualWieldRake (11/09/18 05:30 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mass shooter identified in Thousand Oaks California, leaving at least 12 dead [Re: bio_alchemist]
    #25603739 -

Aside from the top positions, politicians do not have armed protection. There is a congressman that lives in my neighborhood. I see him all the time walking around alone or with his family. No armed guards.


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Edited by koods (11/09/18 06:08 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mass shooter identified in Thousand Oaks California, leaving at least 12 dead [Re: koods]
    #25603768 -

koods said:
Aside from the top positions, politicians do not have armed protection. There is a congressman that lives in my neighborhood. I see him all the time walking around alone or with his family. No armed guards.



Really no armed guards? What are the police that stand at the events and speeches? just there for the show?


--------------------
I don't know shit.
And the more I know,
The more I realize it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mass shooting in Thousand Oaks California leaves at least 12 dead [Re: Zyiadem]
    #25603778 -

that is sad, i have PTSD also and i'm waiting to gain some progress, but man why does that always happen?  turning gun on yourself?  fucked up, glad i don't own one :sad:


--------------------
The Game Camera-angled for usage of paranoia. how it is, to be, stalked.  :mushroom2:
Snorlax iz Beast
Restless legs are chill :sun:
they get high off you
don't regret the banning :cool:
somatic delusions are fake, make it real

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mass shooting in Thousand Oaks California leaves at least 12 dead [Re: Zyiadem]
    #25603795 -

He said 'aside from the top positions'


--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mass shooter identified in Thousand Oaks California, leaving at least 12 dead [Re: Zyiadem]
    #25603831 -

Zyiadem said:
koods said:
Aside from the top positions, politicians do not have armed protection. There is a congressman that lives in my neighborhood. I see him all the time walking around alone or with his family. No armed guards.



Really no armed guards? What are the police that stand at the events and speeches? just there for the show?



You are imagining this. Aside from the gang of eight, president and Vice President and their families, cabinet officials, and politicians who have received credible threats, there is no police protection afforded US federal politicians.



--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Edited by koods (11/09/18 06:49 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mass shooter identified in Thousand Oaks California, leaving at least 12 dead [Re: koods]
    #25604480 -

Gun of Peace.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mass shooter identified in Thousand Oaks California, leaving at least 12 dead [Re: LobsterSauce]
    #25604715 -

I don't know how your states handle PR OP's but in mine any planned public appearance, for speeches, calls to vote and town halls all have police present. Likewise my states rep does have an armed bodyguard. Found that out when I saw him at the store and approached him, only to have a gorilla of a person step in front of me unzip his jacket and "casually" show me his gun and shake his head.

I didn't say the govt. is constantly protecting them, but you saying that they don't hire their own protection is uninformed.


--------------------
I don't know shit.
And the more I know,
The more I realize it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mass shooter identified in Thousand Oaks California, leaving at least 12 dead [Re: Zyiadem]
    #25604738 -

Any large gathering of people is likely to get at least some police involved. I’m talking about bodyguards and no most Congress members get none. I live in DC. I see them around. Think about the incidents where high profile people have been harassed at dinner or elsewhere. They didn’t have security.


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mass shooter identified in Thousand Oaks California, leaving at least 12 dead [Re: koods]
    #25604793 -

congress ppl are supposed to be of the people. theyre elected to represent us. thats why ur supposed to be able to walk up on the street and stab them in the neck while they yellow cab them. or at the very least accost them. thats the check balance i mean jesus people :facepalm:theyre not meant to be locked away in some ivory tower only to leave with security details. imagine what these fucks would try to get away with if they thought no one was gonna cut thier head off. i mean people are trying to take guns away from people i dont fucking get it. scarey stuff u guys scarey stuff. i mean this administration is already getting uppity we dont need people coming in and installing dictatorships ffs its like u guys have no understanding of reality. go move to some shit hole country were trying to hold a good thing together my goodness.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mass shooter identified in Thousand Oaks California, leaving at least 12 dead [Re: Zyiadem]
    #25604962 -

Zyiadem said:
Mr Piggy said:
Zyiadem said:
Yuup, couple of hunters couldn't see my oranges and hit some rocks 2ft. away from me and then a tree a couple feet the other side of me, I screamed like a fuckin bitch, and nearly shit myself. Why do you ask?



Herbologist said:
I've had my house shot up.  If it weren't for a solid wood door, i'd have had a .40 cal hollow in my side or head.




So if I am to understand you both correctly, a gun was the problem, but a gun was not the solution to either situation.

Sounds like yelling and ducking were key.



Sounds like over-simplifying to me, I did not state that guns were the solution, you only asked if I'd been shot at.

What motivates me to be a proficient gun holder/carrier/owner is not fear of the one time I've been shot at, but that it is the latest type of self defense in a dangerous world. Do the politicians who make these rules have armed protection? Of course they do.



It's not over simplifying, it's giving an internet tough guy a can of paint and watching him pain himself into the corner.

Guns in the hands of the casual public caused you both to get shot at by idiots.  Guns did not solve either of your situations.

Guns were the problem.


--------------------
🅃🄴🄰🄼 🄸🄷🄾🄿


New to cultivation or the shroomery?  Observe the hitchhiker's guide

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery



Smellyhobbit said:
"Wiping a needle with isopropyl after flame sterilization is like shitting after you wipe your ass."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mass shooter identified in Thousand Oaks California, leaving at least 12 dead [Re: Mr Piggy]
    #25605253 -

how were gums the problem here im sorry?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mass shooter identified in Thousand Oaks California, leaving at least 12 dead [Re: Mr Piggy] * 1
    #25605260 -

Guns are a tool, a tool is never the problem. Usage of a hammer can kill with less training than a gun. My having a gun allowed me to take the irresponsible hunters guns away and escort them back to their car, with the help of my hunting partner. We also gave them a solid lesson on gun safety on the way.

You yourself have stated that you don't want to take away hunting rifles, so your method of gun control would be ineffective in my situation anyway.

Hunting is required to control deer population, so either our 8,000 game wardens now have to kill 6,000,000 deer a year or hire people to shoot these deer with govt. issue guns.

Owning guns isn't about safety, it's about freedom and our ability to reclaim it if necessary. And as long as we are capable of owning guns I know I have some semblance of freedom.

Mr Piggy said:
It's not over simplifying, it's giving an internet tough guy a can of paint and watching him paint himself into the corner.

G



Your ad hominem attacks may sound good, but slandering my well thought out points by attacking me as a person just isn't effective. I'm sure I sound like a real knucklehead always jumping to defend gun rights, but I hope somebody may be undecided reading this considers the other side.

Guns were critical in gaining equal rights in the 60's, and I believe it may come in handy in defending lgbqt+ rights too.

I identify as a pansexual my partner is genderfluid, and we live in a very red part of our state. Either I carry or literally bring a knife to a gunfight.

Guess my point is that you don't know every aspect of a very complex issue and rash decisions here can drastically affect our nations sense of cohesion and my personal safety. :shrug:


--------------------
I don't know shit.
And the more I know,
The more I realize it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mass shooter identified in Thousand Oaks California, leaving at least 12 dead [Re: Zyiadem]
    #25605290 -

I’m pro guns and I don’t think I can be convinced otherwise.  Logic be damned it’s too complex of an issue i resort to emotion!


--------------------


theRealrollforever said:
That’s not possible; even with computers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mass shooter identified in Thousand Oaks California, leaving at least 12 dead [Re: theRealrollforever] * 1
    #25605664 -

Reasons to shoot people are the problem, if we don't give anyone any reasons to shoot anyone there won't be killings! :gameover:


--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mass shooter identified in Thousand Oaks California, leaving at least 12 dead [Re: twighead]
    #25605689 -

People are crazy, fix that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mass shooter identified in Thousand Oaks California, leaving at least 12 dead [Re: Mr Piggy]
    #25609139 -

Mr Piggy said:
Herbologist said:
They didn't enter my home.  They were cowards and sped off.

Had they came in, a gun would have been the solution and the end of it.  At that point I would be defending my life and my families.



Exactly, your gun did nothing to protect you.  It probably just sat there in your hand shaking.

A gun caused the problem, and a gun did not fix the problem.

Do you get that?




A gun wasn't the problem.  The person was.


--------------------
Shroomery Law:  Don't piss off the leftist mods & their friends! :banhamster:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mass shooter identified in Thousand Oaks California, leaving at least 12 dead [Re: Herbologist]
    #25609238 -

No, the bullets flying at you from the gun were the problem.

The person would not have done a drive by arrowing on your house.


--------------------
🅃🄴🄰🄼 🄸🄷🄾🄿


New to cultivation or the shroomery?  Observe the hitchhiker's guide

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery



Smellyhobbit said:
"Wiping a needle with isopropyl after flame sterilization is like shitting after you wipe your ass."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mass shooter identified in Thousand Oaks California, leaving at least 12 dead [Re: Mr Piggy]
    #25609242 -

Maybe he would have thrown a small explosive at our house?  You don't know.


People are the problem.


--------------------
Shroomery Law:  Don't piss off the leftist mods & their friends! :banhamster:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mass shooter identified in Thousand Oaks California, leaving at least 12 dead [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #25609268 -

tyrannicalrex said:
bodhisatta said:
One thing I've noticed is that all of these mass shootings happen at places I never would be at.
Country music and gay bars. Maybe these shootings are God's wrath ffs.



:archiebunker: C'mon man, don't go down that rabbit asshole.



:yesnod:, then we will have to start talking about what god is telling us with all these natural disasters.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Moving to California - Anyone need a roomate? Grav 1,453 13 11/08/04 08:31 PM
by nioxin
* Going to California without a place to live...
( 1 2 all )
Grav 3,627 24 12/14/04 10:57 AM
by shanti
* Polar Reversal/Mass Extiniction/Ice Age in 2012 *DELETED*
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Tien 7,018 74 12/15/05 04:54 PM
by ummikko
* Medicinal Marijuana in California InTheFlesh714 1,359 16 06/04/06 12:52 AM
by eligal
* I am the god of jello shooters
( 1 2 all )
BrAiN 2,275 23 07/30/05 10:43 PM
by baraka
* Mass Shroomery trip!
( 1 2 3 all )
Purple_Voyage 6,278 44 02/23/03 05:24 PM
by Dogomush
* mass swapping of avatars
( 1 2 all )
Jim 1,467 21 03/11/05 03:54 PM
by delta9
* I'm going to California!
( 1 2 all )
CaRnAgECaNdYS 2,087 32 11/07/05 12:29 PM
by Acidic_Sloth

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,886 topic views. 3 members, 52 guests and 99 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.041 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.