Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: USA West Coast Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Going to California without a place to live...
    #3486525 -

Hi everyone,
I live in Maine and am signed up for classes in San Francisco Academy of Art starting Jan 31st and I should also be set up with a dorm room thanks to student loans.

Anyways, long story short, I want to get on a plane as soon as possible and head for the west coast.

I have a credit card for 800$ minus 200$ for plane ticket... and about 200$ cash. My dad should be able to wire me a couple hundred more $$ as the weeks progress.

So I'm talking about being homeless in California for up to 30-40 days. I could probably spend a few nights in a hostel when I got desperate for a clean bed, and I would try and stay in the airport for a few nights if possible... and I should have plenty of money for food.

I have a well-off uncle who lives in Ojai, CA that I could call up if there is an emergency.

I have several reasons for doing this:

1. I need a serious lesson in frugility
2. I need a period without luxury to rediscover myself and my abilities
3. I need an adventure
4. I need a challenge
5. I need to do something risky.
6. I need a catalyst for a new perspective on life.

I'm not viewing this as a hardship but an opportunity that I may never have again. I have no responsibilities right now but to myself, and that could change suddenly anytime.

So does anyone have any advice for places to sleep, areas to avoid, or any tips in general for being homeless?

Thanks!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Going to California without a place to live... [Re: Grav]
    #3486562 -

Get good at sizing people up... there's alot of fucked up idiots out there wandering the streets, but that doesn't mean they all are. Use your intuition and instinct in all situations that could turn out dangerous. I was thinking about going to Cali, but I'll probably go to Canada instead. Good luck with school and the adventure! Keep in touch with the Shroomery :smile:


--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Going to California without a place to live... [Re: Adamist]
    #3486574 -

Canadayieey


--------------------
We Can't Stop Here, This Is Bat Country

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Going to California without a place to live... [Re: Adamist]
    #3486579 -

Well, thousands of folks back east they say
Are leavin' home most everyday
They're beatin' the hot ole dusty way
To the California line
Across the desert sands they roll
A-gettin' outta that ole dust bowl
They think they're goin' to a sugar bowl
But, here is what they find
The police at the port of entry say
You're number 14,000 for the day

If you ain't got that Do Re Mi boys
If you ain't got that Do Re Mi
Oh, you better go back to beautiful Texas
Oklahoma, Georgia, Kansas, Tennessee
California is a garden of Eden
It's a paradise to live in or see
Believe it or not you won't find it so hot
If you ain't got that Do Re Mi

Well, if you wanna buy you a home or farm
That can't deal nobody harm
Or take your vacations by the mountains or the sea
Don't swap your old cow for a car
You'd better stay right where you are
You better take this little tip from me
Cuz' I look through the want ads every day
And the headlines in the papers always say

If you ain't got that Do Re Mi boys
If you ain't got that Do Re Mi
Oh, you better go back to beautiful Texas
Oklahoma, Georgia, Kansas, Tennessee
California is a garden of Eden
It's a paradise to live in or see
Believe it or not you won't find it so hot
If you ain't got that Do Re Mi



--------------------
Without love in the dream
It will never come true

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Going to California without a place to live... [Re: Hooty]
    #3486589 -

bring a tent, and get a p.o box near where your gonna be chillin, so people can send you things and such.


--------------------
On a mission to prove that the truth gets you no where.
They tried the truth, It didn't work. Then they wrote the bible. 

Only the foolish fear the inevitable.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Going to California without a place to live... [Re: Grav]
    #3486678 -

Bring a knife, and don't carry much cash on you. Greet each new day with joy, and watch the setting sun as if you might not see it again. A tent is a pretty good idea. Talk to everyone you can; People are truly fascinating creatures. Talk to people you see on the street, in coffeeshops, on the bus, skateboarding. There are lots of free/cheap things to do: go to museums, parks, zoos, beaches. Can't really help you on where to sleep or what to avoid, but I'm sure this will a powerful, life-shaping experience for you. Perspective is of supreme importance. :thumbup:


--------------------
"I'm afraid of losing my obscurity. Genuineness only thrives in the dark. Like celery."
- Aldous Huxley

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Going to California without a place to live... [Re: Grav]
    #3486698 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Going to California without a place to live... [Re: Vvellum]
    #3486752 -

Otherwise:



--------------------
Every Animal Is Someone 🌱 watchdominion.org

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Going to California without a place to live... [Re: ivi]
    #3486790 -

San Fransisco can be cold and scary at night. I am from LA but I got split up from my party in Frisco after eating four hits of UFO blotter acid, and two pills of black molly ecstasy. I was in downtown frisco, lost, and tripping balls. I wandered into this area called the Tenderloin, and came very close to having some personal safety problems of the worst degree. Luckily this homeless man, recognizing my fearful altered state, walked me over to the greyhound bus station, which was a mile away. His name was Robert Johnson, so if you are ever in need of help, find this man...and tell him that John the Whiteboy from 2000 sent you. He'll take care of you.
I was at a widespread panic show that night. I have a great picture of me tripping out before I got lost. I will try to put it up...maybe someone will recognize me.


--------------------
Kiss the ring Bitch!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Going to California without a place to live... [Re: InnerBeing]
    #3486795 -

Hahaha, that experience sounds so very very familiar  :crazy:


--------------------
Every Animal Is Someone 🌱 watchdominion.org

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Going to California without a place to live... [Re: InnerBeing]
    #3486817 -

Robert Johnson? Is this him???



--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Going to California without a place to live... [Re: Adamist]
    #3487239 -

Was he carrying a guitar and mumbling something about going down to the crossroads and selling his soul to the devil so that he'd teach him how to play?



--------------------
Without love in the dream
It will never come true

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Going to California without a place to live... [Re: InnerBeing]
    #3487272 -

:thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Going to California without a place to live... [Re: Vvellum]
    #3487465 -

Sounds fun as shit man! Get yourself an ounce of buds and just have fun!
Be safe and good luck.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Going to California without a place to live... [Re: Grav]
    #3487511 -

Right on! I want to move to either Nothern Cali or anywhere north of that would be cool too!,,,

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Going to California without a place to live... [Re: Skunk420]
    #3487650 -

Quote:
Sounds fun as shit man! Get yourself an ounce of buds and just have fun




Yeah the safestest thing you could possible have on you while wondering around in Cali with no place to live is an ounce of marijuana. If you're lucky the police might hook you up with a place to stay for that 30-40 days.

Be safe and keep your wits about you.


--------------------
Without love in the dream
It will never come true

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Going to California without a place to live... [Re: Adamist]
    #3487703 -

Adamist said:
Robert Johnson? Is this him???





I swear to you this is the guy. Afterwardss I gave him five dollars because he told me it was his birthday. lol..yeah right. I then got on the bus, and ate three more trips....what a reckless life I used to live.


--------------------
Kiss the ring Bitch!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Going to California without a place to live... [Re: Grav]
    #3489674 -

Grav said:
Hi everyone,
I live in Maine and am signed up for classes in San Francisco Academy of Art starting Jan 31st and I should also be set up with a dorm room thanks to student loans.

Anyways, long story short, I want to get on a plane as soon as possible and head for the west coast. 

I have a credit card for 800$ minus 200$ for plane ticket... and about 200$ cash.  My dad should be able to wire me a couple hundred more $$ as the weeks progress.

So I'm talking about being homeless in California for up to 30-40 days.  I could probably spend a few nights in a hostel when I got desperate for a clean bed, and I would try and stay in the airport for a few nights if possible... and I should have plenty of money for food.

I have a well-off uncle who lives in Ojai, CA that I could call up if there is an emergency.

I have several reasons for doing this:

1. I need a serious lesson in frugility
2. I need a period without luxury to rediscover myself and my abilities
3. I need an adventure
4. I need a challenge
5. I need to do something risky.
6. I need a catalyst for a new perspective on life.

I'm not viewing this as a hardship but an opportunity that I may never have again.  I have no responsibilities right now but to myself, and that could change suddenly anytime.

So does anyone have any advice for places to sleep, areas to avoid, or any tips in general for being homeless?

Thanks!



trust your gut instinct!
i live in san diego and ppl can be ruthless.
if you dont have street smarts, yer going to be eaten alive.
if i was homeless, id live on a beach that had bonfire rings.
it gets cold here with the windchill off the beach,
so have proper clothing. this is the shittiest time of year
weather wise...
oh & conserve as much money as possible. california
is fucking rediculously expensive!
have a backup plan..cellphone, phone card, etc.
dont carry too much cash. you might wanna open up a bank acct when you get here so that your money will be safe,
and that ppl can deposit $$ into your acct.

thats all i can think of for now...
have save journeys man.  :sun:


--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Going to California without a place to live... [Re: 40oz]
    #3489687 -

i couldnt think of a better place to be homeless....but then again, theres lots of places i havent been.


--------------------
how's your WOW?





  Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Going to California without a place to live... [Re: wrestler_az]
    #3489701 -

beach = k3y.

(o.b would be ideal)


--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: USA West Coast Strains


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* places to visit in california? Quais 1,482 14 02/02/07 11:20 PM
by dshak66
* Willfully homeless
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 all )
MOTH 16,457 174 04/16/09 02:35 PM
by FlickeryVision
* Friends Are Homeless In San Fran appleorange 507 8 08/10/09 10:13 PM
by skd5004
* homeless theuser 976 14 04/30/07 11:58 AM
by theuser
* Top-Notch Homeless Shelter OneMoreRobot3021 938 0 04/19/05 12:16 PM
by OneMoreRobot3021
* Police and SWAT team destroy homeless folks tents with box cutters! St. Pete, FLA dr0mni 4,426 14 08/07/14 08:59 AM
by fluffy clouds
* Indigos help homeless in France ShroomismM 1,862 15 03/13/07 01:21 PM
by Baby_Hitler
* Police slash tents of homeless
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Liquid_Dimension 10,536 87 10/19/07 04:51 PM
by GbBaker

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,627 topic views. 13 members, 23 guests and 206 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 18 queries.