Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMuppet
Nomadic Jester
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: (523) 327-2836
god I'm sick of hearing about the greatful dead already
    #2547737 - 04/11/04 12:04 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

before anyone sez anything - at least take a second to actually read what I have to say

this isn't a flame...I'm not trying to piss anyone off...I'm just making a statement here - a statement I think a lot of you might need to hear (whether you want to hear it or not)

there is a difference between being a FAN of something and becoming a FANATIC
(think about that for a second and let it really sink in)

I myself am a huge Pink Floyd fan...yet I'm perfectly capable of carrying on a conversation without bringing em up

I love to drink coffee...but I don't have to work it into every message I post

there are plenty of other aspects about myself that I can convey in my writting (and I do) so I don't have to continuously revert back to any single aspect of what makes me who I am every single conversation I have...and maybe that's just cause I'm more complex then *some* of the people here...or maybe (just maybe) I might just not be nearly as fixated on certain things as some of the people that regular this forum seem to be

mayber I've spread myself too thin...but then again - maybe some of you haven't spread yourselves out thin enough

there is more to life then the Greatful Dead

I agree they're a great group an all...but seriously - when threads start poppin up that are comparing em to string cheese I'm thinking maybe somebody's becoming a little too obsesive (which could quite possibly be directly connected with an over-all group mentality that borders on obsessive as it is)

of course...this is all just speculation on my part

I am more of an OTD sorta guy as it is...and as such I don't see nearly as much of what goes around here as some other people - but sometimes it takes an outsider to 'see' what those who are clostest to a situation can not...and what I'm seeing is a bunch of people who apparently revolve their entire existances around some band that fell from glory long ago

it's like them gay people who can't seem to ever talk about anything other then being gay

is there not anything else going on in your guys' lives that you can talk about?...do you not do anything in your spare time that's worth mentioning to your peers?...is the Greatful Dead the sole purpose for you being here - the sun that resides in the center of your universe - the very thing that gives you reason to live?????

cause at times that's how you're all commin across

and I know that if I don't want to see it I can just go back to OTD where I belong...and you're absolutely right (just as I've always done in the past) but there is such a thing as taking something too far, and this is one topic that seems to be getting out of hand

people shouldn't feel the need to talk about the GD here just so they can fit in...and if that's all that's ever being discussed, they're not gonna feel comfortable talking about anything other then exactly that

learn to expand your horizons a little people...you don't want people thinking there's nothing more to you then just some band you happen to like

we are all individuals - don't be afraid to show what sets you apart from everyone else

--------------------

:craven:  Ravings of a Madman  :craven:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Loc: A rare and different tune
Re: god I'm sick of hearing about the greatful dead already [Re: Muppet]
    #2547753 - 04/11/04 12:06 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

:gd_icon:

--------------------

OfflineSuperLazy
As lazy as theycome

#2547772 - 04/11/04 12:12 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Well, ya got me man. I'm no deadhead but I can see how the musical style would appeal to people. In theory I guess I understand the culture too (my dad was an intellectual/hippy back in mid-late 60s, summer of love, vietnam protests, all the good stuff), ya know its almost like a rave i guess but deeper, even more loving and familial becasue people actually watch each other's backs and its less hedonistic (at least it seems that way). But for me, I don't have any particular attraction for the Dead, i might hit one of the east coast shows in my area just for the hell of it, but thats it. still, the pub is the chillest place on this website, that's why i'm here. i guess there just happen to be alotta chill deadheads :rasta: :gd_icon:. peace :wexican:

--------------------
" Don't ration your compassion " - unknown

OfflineMuppet
Nomadic Jester
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: (523) 327-2836
Re: god I'm sick of hearing about the greatful dead already [Re: SuperLazy]
    #2547798 - 04/11/04 12:20 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I agree completely - it's a great band that has this whole 'aura of love' thing goin for em...it just seems to me that there are at least a few people here that are just jumping on the bandwagon talkin about how much they love the group for the sole purpose of being able to fit in

I'm sorry but that annoys the piss outta me

you think these people would just say whatever it is that's on their mind without giving a rat's ass what everone else thought about it...but apparently it's not like that at all

I just don't understand why  :tongue:

--------------------

:craven:  Ravings of a Madman  :craven:

OfflineSuperLazy
As lazy as theycome

#2548001 - 04/11/04 01:55 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Ya got me  :confused:

--------------------
" Don't ration your compassion " - unknown

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #2548056 - 04/11/04 02:27 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Muppet said:
I am more of an OTD sorta guy as it is...

Not that I have anything against the grateful dead..that was a good read :smile:

You sound like you might like S&P.. :smile:

Offlineshaggy101
Male

Loc: ..still waiting for godot
    #2548078 - 04/11/04 02:37 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I see wear your coming from man..
I LOVE the Grateful Dead
but you wouldnt know that just from looking at me
I dont think its bad at all..im just saying
well..refer to my first sentence

InvisibleOri
intoxicated

#2548112 - 04/11/04 02:53 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

i think it goes the same for anyone obsessed with shit
whether it be pot, a band, their sexuality.. whatever

i know my dad is obsessed with the dead.. he does talk about a lot of other stuff--but in terms of music it seems nothing else really exists.. not entirely true because we've been to a santana concert together but eh i dunno

i don't really see this offensive at all--it's just if you goto the pub, you're expected to hear a lot about the grateful dead on a forum dedicated to mushrooms

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

#2548251 - 04/11/04 06:57 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

5 shrooms  :cool:
People really need to learn to vocally obsess less about Grateful Dead and Spongle and coffee and fast food and...  :yawn:

Anonymous

#2548262 - 04/11/04 07:08 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

i always thought the word fan came from the word fanatic,doesn't it?

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

Re: god I'm sick of hearing about the greatful dead already [Re: ]
    #2548280 - 04/11/04 07:23 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah.. but they have different connotations

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
    #2548330 - 04/11/04 08:22 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

An I a FANATIC, no doubt at all :gd_icon:

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

Offlinekindkesey
take it further
 User Gallery

Loc: on the bus!!!
Re: god I'm sick of hearing about the greatful dead already [Re: Ripple]
    #2548336 - 04/11/04 08:26 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

sometimes i feel as if the GD is my life.................

:gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon:
:gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon:
:smile:

--------------------
Stay Kool, and enjoy the bus ride.....

"Intrepid Search For Innerspace"

DAVID JONES where are you?

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
    #2548337 - 04/11/04 08:28 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Well I'm always posting on here about the Dead... and I'm gonna keep on doing that - for the simple reason that here (the Pub, specifically) is a community with a lot of deadheads. Where I live (rural freakin' norway) I only have 1 friend that likes the Dead... and even he just "likes" them, not the obsessive love that I have for them. So, I come here because I know that here I can post "hey what about that Playin' in the Band Jam from 12-31-72" (:grin: actually what I'm listening to right now and it is smoking!) and other people who appreciate the same thing can post about it as well. Perhaps I sound obsessive about the Dead here (OK I am... I admit that), but that is because you don't hear me in my every-day life, where nobody gives a flying fuck about the Dead, and so I don't really talk about them. (except to a few friends). I guess I can't do the topic justice, to explain how the Dead are much more than a band, because I am too young and was not around to see them touring - so I'll leave that to ChinaCat, Ripple, or WhiteRasta (or anybody else who toured with 'em!)... but keep in mind that what people talk about in this forum might not represent what they talk about in daily life. I talk to a community here about certain things (either mushrooms, philosophy, or the Dead), and post in different forums depending upon what I want to talk about.

and by the way, it is not "the greatful  dead" it is "the Grateful Dead" :grin:

:gd_icon: :heartpump: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :heartpump: :gd_icon:

--------------------

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
    #2548359 - 04/11/04 08:45 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Your totally welcome here, no need to go away, just don't read the posts you don't want to :cool:

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Loc: Terrapin Station
Re: god I'm sick of hearing about the greatful dead already [Re: Ripple]
    #2548393 - 04/11/04 09:08 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Good point Ripple. You can usually tell the Dead posts by the title.

Now I think I listen to some Dead. It's been 4 hours since my last fix. :gd_icon:

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

InvisibleRunDMT
H?L? GH??
    #2548402 - 04/11/04 09:11 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I love you. :smirk:

Offlinethe_mad_scientist
....???....

Loc: EU
    #2548413 - 04/11/04 09:14 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

it did suprise me how many posts was about the dead in here.
grateful dead is a ok band and it always makes me think about lsd.

Invisiblefee
Im he who is the
 User Gallery

Loc: amsterdam
    #2548432 - 04/11/04 09:22 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Now I gotta play some dead
thanks for the insperation
the dead on easter  :wexican:

--------------------

blankk said to fee:
btw you're a total fucking psychedelic pimp
Turtletotem said:
I want to become a sun worshipper, so next time an atheist smugly asks me where god is, I can point smugly at the sun and laugh my ass off.

Then I drive away in my solar powered piece of shit car, cool stuff man.

And then I go kill a bitch because the flaming orb in the sky told me to do so, and I don't know, oppress a few minorities here and there in the name of nuclear fusion?

Religion is fun.

InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crankytown, Texas
    #2548444 - 04/11/04 09:31 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

That was a lot better Muppet than your first thread [click locked] :yesnod: Maybe Pappy will let me have my own forum for Floyd fanatics and you can be a mod....Yeah thats the ticket :wink:
I know if a thread is song lyrics about the dead and just like Ripple an Chinacat were saying ...You just dont read it.
The Deadheads arent going away here at the PUB and it just wouldnt be the PUB without all these deadheads ....Ewww i just had a horrible thought ...What if the PUB was a bunch of Phish fans.. :crazy:See things could be worse dude...I wouldnt ever post here if all the Dead Heads werent here...Yall know who you are :gd_icon:

--------------------
So hard to be ....WDWGFH?
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrist office:biker:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order