Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineMuppet
Nomadic Jester
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: (523) 327-2836
god I'm sick of hearing about the greatful dead already
    #2547737 - 04/11/04 12:04 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

before anyone sez anything - at least take a second to actually read what I have to say

this isn't a flame...I'm not trying to piss anyone off...I'm just making a statement here - a statement I think a lot of you might need to hear (whether you want to hear it or not)

there is a difference between being a FAN of something and becoming a FANATIC
(think about that for a second and let it really sink in)

I myself am a huge Pink Floyd fan...yet I'm perfectly capable of carrying on a conversation without bringing em up

I love to drink coffee...but I don't have to work it into every message I post

there are plenty of other aspects about myself that I can convey in my writting (and I do) so I don't have to continuously revert back to any single aspect of what makes me who I am every single conversation I have...and maybe that's just cause I'm more complex then *some* of the people here...or maybe (just maybe) I might just not be nearly as fixated on certain things as some of the people that regular this forum seem to be

mayber I've spread myself too thin...but then again - maybe some of you haven't spread yourselves out thin enough

there is more to life then the Greatful Dead

I agree they're a great group an all...but seriously - when threads start poppin up that are comparing em to string cheese I'm thinking maybe somebody's becoming a little too obsesive (which could quite possibly be directly connected with an over-all group mentality that borders on obsessive as it is)

of course...this is all just speculation on my part

I am more of an OTD sorta guy as it is...and as such I don't see nearly as much of what goes around here as some other people - but sometimes it takes an outsider to 'see' what those who are clostest to a situation can not...and what I'm seeing is a bunch of people who apparently revolve their entire existances around some band that fell from glory long ago

it's like them gay people who can't seem to ever talk about anything other then being gay

is there not anything else going on in your guys' lives that you can talk about?...do you not do anything in your spare time that's worth mentioning to your peers?...is the Greatful Dead the sole purpose for you being here - the sun that resides in the center of your universe - the very thing that gives you reason to live?????

cause at times that's how you're all commin across

and I know that if I don't want to see it I can just go back to OTD where I belong...and you're absolutely right (just as I've always done in the past) but there is such a thing as taking something too far, and this is one topic that seems to be getting out of hand

people shouldn't feel the need to talk about the GD here just so they can fit in...and if that's all that's ever being discussed, they're not gonna feel comfortable talking about anything other then exactly that

learn to expand your horizons a little people...you don't want people thinking there's nothing more to you then just some band you happen to like

we are all individuals - don't be afraid to show what sets you apart from everyone else

--------------------

:craven:  Ravings of a Madman  :craven:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Loc: A rare and different tune
Re: god I'm sick of hearing about the greatful dead already [Re: Muppet]
    #2547753 - 04/11/04 12:06 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

:gd_icon:

--------------------

OfflineSuperLazy
As lazy as theycome

#2547772 - 04/11/04 12:12 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Well, ya got me man. I'm no deadhead but I can see how the musical style would appeal to people. In theory I guess I understand the culture too (my dad was an intellectual/hippy back in mid-late 60s, summer of love, vietnam protests, all the good stuff), ya know its almost like a rave i guess but deeper, even more loving and familial becasue people actually watch each other's backs and its less hedonistic (at least it seems that way). But for me, I don't have any particular attraction for the Dead, i might hit one of the east coast shows in my area just for the hell of it, but thats it. still, the pub is the chillest place on this website, that's why i'm here. i guess there just happen to be alotta chill deadheads :rasta: :gd_icon:. peace :wexican:

--------------------
" Don't ration your compassion " - unknown

OfflineMuppet
Nomadic Jester
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: god I'm sick of hearing about the greatful dead already [Re: SuperLazy]
    #2547798 - 04/11/04 12:20 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I agree completely - it's a great band that has this whole 'aura of love' thing goin for em...it just seems to me that there are at least a few people here that are just jumping on the bandwagon talkin about how much they love the group for the sole purpose of being able to fit in

I'm sorry but that annoys the piss outta me

you think these people would just say whatever it is that's on their mind without giving a rat's ass what everone else thought about it...but apparently it's not like that at all

I just don't understand why  :tongue:

--------------------

OfflineSuperLazy
As lazy as theycome

#2548001 - 04/11/04 01:55 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Ya got me  :confused:

--------------------
" Don't ration your compassion " - unknown

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #2548056 - 04/11/04 02:27 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Muppet said:
I am more of an OTD sorta guy as it is...

Not that I have anything against the grateful dead..that was a good read :smile:

You sound like you might like S&P.. :smile:

Offlineshaggy101
Male

Loc: ..still waiting for godot
    #2548078 - 04/11/04 02:37 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I see wear your coming from man..
I LOVE the Grateful Dead
but you wouldnt know that just from looking at me
I dont think its bad at all..im just saying
well..refer to my first sentence

InvisibleOri
intoxicated

#2548112 - 04/11/04 02:53 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

i think it goes the same for anyone obsessed with shit
whether it be pot, a band, their sexuality.. whatever

i know my dad is obsessed with the dead.. he does talk about a lot of other stuff--but in terms of music it seems nothing else really exists.. not entirely true because we've been to a santana concert together but eh i dunno

i don't really see this offensive at all--it's just if you goto the pub, you're expected to hear a lot about the grateful dead on a forum dedicated to mushrooms

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

#2548251 - 04/11/04 06:57 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

5 shrooms  :cool:
People really need to learn to vocally obsess less about Grateful Dead and Spongle and coffee and fast food and...  :yawn:

Anonymous

#2548262 - 04/11/04 07:08 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

i always thought the word fan came from the word fanatic,doesn't it?

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

Re: god I'm sick of hearing about the greatful dead already [Re: ]
    #2548280 - 04/11/04 07:23 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah.. but they have different connotations

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
    #2548330 - 04/11/04 08:22 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

An I a FANATIC, no doubt at all :gd_icon:

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

Offlinekindkesey
take it further
 User Gallery

Loc: on the bus!!!
Re: god I'm sick of hearing about the greatful dead already [Re: Ripple]
    #2548336 - 04/11/04 08:26 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

sometimes i feel as if the GD is my life.................

:gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon:
:gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon:
:smile:

--------------------
Stay Kool, and enjoy the bus ride.....

"Intrepid Search For Innerspace"

DAVID JONES where are you?

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
    #2548337 - 04/11/04 08:28 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Well I'm always posting on here about the Dead... and I'm gonna keep on doing that - for the simple reason that here (the Pub, specifically) is a community with a lot of deadheads. Where I live (rural freakin' norway) I only have 1 friend that likes the Dead... and even he just "likes" them, not the obsessive love that I have for them. So, I come here because I know that here I can post "hey what about that Playin' in the Band Jam from 12-31-72" (:grin: actually what I'm listening to right now and it is smoking!) and other people who appreciate the same thing can post about it as well. Perhaps I sound obsessive about the Dead here (OK I am... I admit that), but that is because you don't hear me in my every-day life, where nobody gives a flying fuck about the Dead, and so I don't really talk about them. (except to a few friends). I guess I can't do the topic justice, to explain how the Dead are much more than a band, because I am too young and was not around to see them touring - so I'll leave that to ChinaCat, Ripple, or WhiteRasta (or anybody else who toured with 'em!)... but keep in mind that what people talk about in this forum might not represent what they talk about in daily life. I talk to a community here about certain things (either mushrooms, philosophy, or the Dead), and post in different forums depending upon what I want to talk about.

and by the way, it is not "the greatful  dead" it is "the Grateful Dead" :grin:

:gd_icon: :heartpump: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :heartpump: :gd_icon:

--------------------

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #2548359 - 04/11/04 08:45 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Your totally welcome here, no need to go away, just don't read the posts you don't want to :cool:

--------------------

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Loc: Terrapin Station
    #2548393 - 04/11/04 09:08 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Good point Ripple. You can usually tell the Dead posts by the title.

Now I think I listen to some Dead. It's been 4 hours since my last fix. :gd_icon:

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

InvisibleRunDMT
H?L? GH??
    #2548402 - 04/11/04 09:11 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I love you. :smirk:

Offlinethe_mad_scientist
....???....

Loc: EU
    #2548413 - 04/11/04 09:14 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

it did suprise me how many posts was about the dead in here.
grateful dead is a ok band and it always makes me think about lsd.

Invisiblefee
Im he who is the
 User Gallery

Loc: amsterdam
    #2548432 - 04/11/04 09:22 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Now I gotta play some dead
thanks for the insperation
the dead on easter  :wexican:

--------------------

blankk said to fee:
btw you're a total fucking psychedelic pimp
Turtletotem said:
I want to become a sun worshipper, so next time an atheist smugly asks me where god is, I can point smugly at the sun and laugh my ass off.

Then I drive away in my solar powered piece of shit car, cool stuff man.

And then I go kill a bitch because the flaming orb in the sky told me to do so, and I don't know, oppress a few minorities here and there in the name of nuclear fusion?

Religion is fun.

InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crankytown, Texas
    #2548444 - 04/11/04 09:31 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

That was a lot better Muppet than your first thread [click locked] :yesnod: Maybe Pappy will let me have my own forum for Floyd fanatics and you can be a mod....Yeah thats the ticket :wink:
I know if a thread is song lyrics about the dead and just like Ripple an Chinacat were saying ...You just dont read it.
The Deadheads arent going away here at the PUB and it just wouldnt be the PUB without all these deadheads ....Ewww i just had a horrible thought ...What if the PUB was a bunch of Phish fans.. :crazy:See things could be worse dude...I wouldnt ever post here if all the Dead Heads werent here...Yall know who you are :gd_icon:

--------------------
So hard to be ....WDWGFH?
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrist office:biker:

Invisiblefee
Im he who is the
 User Gallery

Loc: amsterdam
Re: god I'm sick of hearing about the greatful dead already [Re: OldSpice]
    #2548466 - 04/11/04 09:44 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Alounacara it could be worse the pub could be full of people from Texas
God I would shoot myself LOL
thiers only steers and queers that come from Texas and you dont look like a steer
LOL
:wink:

--------------------

blankk said to fee:
btw you're a total fucking psychedelic pimp
Turtletotem said:
I want to become a sun worshipper, so next time an atheist smugly asks me where god is, I can point smugly at the sun and laugh my ass off.

Then I drive away in my solar powered piece of shit car, cool stuff man.

And then I go kill a bitch because the flaming orb in the sky told me to do so, and I don't know, oppress a few minorities here and there in the name of nuclear fusion?

Religion is fun.

Invisibleeric_the_redS
Trans-male User Gallery

Loc: happy land
    #2548470 - 04/11/04 09:46 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Alounacara said:
What if the PUB was a bunch of Phish fans..

:shocked:

--------------------
Anno cock? is that some kind of Greek liqueur? -Geo's All Knowing Sex Slave

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: god I'm sick of hearing about the greatful dead already [Re: chinacat72]
    #2548481 - 04/11/04 09:48 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah time for tunes on Easter! :gd_icon:

5-9-77

--------------------

Invisibleoneducktwoducks
    #2548505 - 04/11/04 10:04 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Alounacara said:
That was a lot better Muppet than your first thread [click locked] :yesnod: Maybe Pappy will let me have my own forum for Floyd fanatics and you can be a mod....Yeah thats the ticket :wink:
I know if a thread is song lyrics about the dead and just like Ripple an Chinacat were saying ...You just dont read it.
The Deadheads arent going away here at the PUB and it just wouldnt be the PUB without all these deadheads ....Ewww i just had a horrible thought ...What if the PUB was a bunch of Phish fans.. :crazy:See things could be worse dude...I wouldnt ever post here if all the Dead Heads werent here...Yall know who you are :gd_icon:

We need a Floyd smiley to make up for the GD one, then we could slowly take over the Pub without anyone noticing until it was too late.  :laugh:

Offlinekosmic_charlie
Truckin' in style
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep Elem
    #2548510 - 04/11/04 10:06 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Holy crap Ripple.  I put on 5/9/77 before seeing this post!  We're connected cosmicly I think.

Roll away the dew  :gd_icon: :heartpump:

--------------------

Goin' where the water tastes like wine.

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: god I'm sick of hearing about the greatful dead already [Re: kosmic_charlie]
    #2548512 - 04/11/04 10:07 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

You and me Cassidy!

--------------------

InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crankytown, Texas
Re: god I'm sick of hearing about the greatful dead already [Re: oneducktwoducks]
    #2548587 - 04/11/04 10:25 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah that would be great to have a Floyd smiley...
I found a Stevie Ray cd i had never opened while cleaning up my all my strown around cd`s and i thought about you...I have all cd`s ever cut by Stevie Ray and some backups also...Back after Stevie died this girlfriend i had in Austin gave me a copy of the Austin newspaper that had the pic of Stevie Ray wearing his cool ass hat with the feather hanging from the back ala Hendrix style on the front page...Anyhow i had it professionally framed and it hangs over my sound system area for all to see...Im an old Texas boy and shure do miss him :frown:

--------------------
So hard to be ....WDWGFH?
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrist office:biker:

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #2548614 - 04/11/04 10:42 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I got that walking blues

fanatic

:gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon:

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Invisibleeric_the_redS
Trans-male User Gallery

Loc: happy land
    #2548621 - 04/11/04 10:49 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

We need a Floyd smiley to make up for the GD one...

Quote:

Yeah that would be great to have a Floyd smiley...

done and done.

--------------------
Anno cock? is that some kind of Greek liqueur? -Geo's All Knowing Sex Slave

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Re: god I'm sick of hearing about the greatful dead already [Re: kosmic_charlie]
    #2548831 - 04/11/04 03:19 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

kosmic_charlie said:
Holy crap Ripple.  I put on 5/9/77 before seeing this post!  We're connected cosmicly I think.

Roll away the dew  :gd_icon: :heartpump:

Make that 3!!! Just popped in that show before checking what was up at the Shroomery! Help -> Slipknot! -> Franklin's Tower!!! :gd_icon: :grin: :gd_icon: Cosmic connections... or shall we say "kosmic" connections?

--------------------

OfflineFocusHawaii
Keeper of theMagic Garden

Loc: Canada
    #2548908 - 04/11/04 04:33 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Muppet said:

there is more to life then the Greatful Dead

Wrong  :gd_icon:

OfflineMuppet
Nomadic Jester
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: god I'm sick of hearing about the greatful dead already [Re: Ori]
    #2550012 - 04/12/04 01:42 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

yeah I agree completely...and I for one don't understand how people can let themselves get that wrapped up into something (but then again I've also always been the type that enjoys as much variety as possible)

in any case though - this thread actually ended out a whole lot less hostile then I had originally anticipated...which I suppose just proves that there aren't nearly as many obsessive types as it seemed there'd be

much love to the PUB for being mature about all this  :cool:

--------------------

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Loc: SC
    #2550056 - 04/12/04 01:55 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

:gd_icon:

--------------------
Work like you dont need the money.

Love like you never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.

OfflineTantalus
Beyonddescription.
    #2550423 - 04/12/04 05:41 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Muppet said:
Quote:

yeah I agree completely...and I for one don't understand how people can let themselves get that wrapped up into something (but then again I've also always been the type that enjoys as much variety as possible)

in any case though - this thread actually ended out a whole lot less hostile then I had originally anticipated...which I suppose just proves that there aren't nearly as many obsessive types as it seemed there'd be

Or maybe us deadheads are laid back enough that it wouldn't get hostile.  :cool: :gd_icon: :heart:

--------------------
"A nation's hope of lasting peace cannot be firmly based upon any race in armaments but rather upon just relations and honest understanding with all other nations...

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed... The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. We pay for a single fighter with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people..."

President Dwight Eisenhower, 1953

Offlinevalour
Swordbearer

Loc: USA
    #2550531 - 04/12/04 07:43 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Muppet said:

Hey! fuck you!

Heh, ok, sorry - this isn't OTD - and I don't even care for their music anyway.
I'll vote for the Pink Floyd icon, though.

--------------------
"Remember, son,
I didn't sell out-
I bought in."

InvisibleMerkin
neep.
 User Gallery

Loc: Ass Flavoured Pie Factory
Re: god I'm sick of hearing about the greatful dead already [Re: valour]
    #2550572 - 04/12/04 08:09 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

--------------------
Wheels of cheese wheeels of cheeeeese!!!

Invisiblelukeboots
fresh futuristic
Male User Gallery
Loc: Grand Ole Operating Syste...
    #2550578 - 04/12/04 08:11 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

but seriously - when threads start poppin up that are comparing em to string cheese I'm thinking maybe somebody's becoming a little too obsesive

just thought i'd let ya know.. that thread wasnt about string cheese, it was about "the string cheese incident," a newer jam band that some "cheese heads" think are going to save the "jam" culture.

mmm.. cheese and jam...

and i agree with you mup, deadheads are obsessive! i've never liked the dead, but i don't mention that around here :wink:

*continues listening to cursive*

--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

Edited by lukeboots (04/12/04 08:12 AM)

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #2551560 - 04/12/04 02:01 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

in any case though - this thread actually ended out a whole lot less hostile then I had originally anticipated...

I'm surprised you thought that, you post here enough to know that the crew is usually laid back and understanding of other peoples feelings.  We actually know that were obsessed, we just don't care :cool: Shit I've got "Steal Your Face" tattooed on my arm  :heart: :smile:

--------------------

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

#2551570 - 04/12/04 02:03 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

u do ripp
i thought u wer just thinkin bout gettin it
thats bad ass :cool:

--------------------

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: god I'm sick of hearing about the greatful dead already [Re: notapillow]
    #2551586 - 04/12/04 02:05 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

yeah I got it a week or two ago.

--------------------

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

#2551607 - 04/12/04 02:10 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

pillow aproves
:laugh: :gd_icon:

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #2551684 - 04/12/04 02:26 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I think the Dead are pretty average at best but then again i'm into hard rock and never really understood the
whole "Jam Band" scene. But different strokes for different folks.

I do get highly annoyed though when everyday there's about 10 threads about the dead. We really need more threads
about Menudo, the most under-rated group of all time....then Metallica. Get on it folks!!

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

#2551748 - 04/12/04 03:35 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I want to get the steal your face from dead.net (with tie-dye type patterns in the background instead of the red and blue) somewhere.. but i'm too much of a pussy :grin:

--------------------

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Loc: Terrapin Station
    #2551921 - 04/12/04 04:30 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I got the Cats Down Under the Stars tattoo on my right arm. :gd_icon:

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: god I'm sick of hearing about the greatful dead already [Re: chinacat72]
    #2551929 - 04/12/04 04:35 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I want to get a tatttoo but not The Dead. I'm an 80's bum so it is before my time. Maybe like a Owl in flight, or a Shark swooping.

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

#2551966 - 04/12/04 04:51 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I think the Grateful Dead are the blood in my veins that gets me through everday life. They have a song for every emotion. I see where some people are overly obsesive, but to be honest I am probably one of those people. I have over 300+ shows on CD and another 100+ shows on my harddrive. Its not all that I listen to, but its my favorite.

--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

OfflineMuppet
Nomadic Jester
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: god I'm sick of hearing about the greatful dead already [Re: lukeboots]
    #2551986 - 04/12/04 05:01 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

just thought i'd let ya know.. that thread wasnt about string cheese, it was about "the string cheese incident," a newer jam band that some "cheese heads" think are going to save the "jam" culture

/me blushes
(now I feel dumb)

here I was thinking some kid was looking back at his youth going: "man I love those snack packs, and like fruit snacks an shit...and fucken string cheese...fuck yeah string cheese was the most 1337 fucken snack food ever - ooh I should go make a thread about how string cheese and GD both give me this happy feeling whenever I think about em...mmmmm cheese"

which of course is what prompted me to think this whole GD obsession thing had gone too far
(I mean - when your're comparing a band to some food item you gotta admit that's a bit out there)

--------------------

Offlineiloveraving
Fighting themachine...

Loc: ..long road ahead..
    #2552043 - 04/12/04 05:22 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

hahaha
Yeah, comparing the dead to snack food items would be pretty dumb.
For the record though, I do like string cheese, and the dead though. Always have it in the cooler when on the road  :gd_icon:

hahahahaha

--------------------
Daisy Wedding Favors

Invisibleacidcrys
intoxicating
Female User Gallery

Loc: Home.
    #2552833 - 04/12/04 11:23 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

One of Ori's dad's first questions when he found out about me:

"Did you get her into the Dead?"

trust me, I know what you mean :smile:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder