Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleSARAtonin
Violent Dreams
Female User Gallery

Loc: Deutschland
Re: Attended my first convention this weekend [Re: AcidAstronaut]
    #25333870 - 07/18/18 03:19 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

I'd refresh yourself with the series then watch End of Evangelion,
If you're a fan of the series you'll love it and it wraps things up in a much better fashion if you ask me.
It leaves you with a feeling of "holy shit, what the fuck just happened."
Where as the last episode leaves you with a disappointed, "wait, what's happening?"

--------------------
“The problem with the Bourgeoisie is that they’re not relatable. They can not read the room and it isn’t a good look. This should have stayed in the drafts. #tonedeaf” - Karl Marx

Want to join a cult? Click for details…

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAcidAstronaut
Stranger

Re: Attended my first convention this weekend [Re: SARAtonin]
    #25333877 - 07/18/18 03:26 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

This was pretty funny.
http://shinjismind.ytmnd.com/

--------------------
Ayahuasca recipes

Mescaline Albums

PKD is to acid as H.P.Lovecraft is to shrooms

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Lashed to the pyre
    #25333881 - 07/18/18 03:28 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

SARAtonin said:
@Tantrika
Really?
I didn't watch the actually last episode until some time later because we substituted it for End of Evangelion the first time.
When I did finally watch it I just felt very let down and short changed and I could see why the creator got death threats for it.

It just wasn't very impactful for me after already seeing End of Evangelion
I wonder if we have opposite experiences because of which we watched first.

Do not feel the original episodes are by any means 'better' content
but had a really intense mushroom trip on one occasion that involved me getting sucked into formless void
then building reality back up around me in a manner that played out like in the series
that is to say, was formless in the formless, then 'realized' that reality is functional due to limitations

the portion that really resonated for me is rather short,
and think that part of the 'appeal' to it is found in the unfinished art
there were, presumably unintended, implications for me specifically with how they dealt with the topic of existence finding expression in incomplete artwork

the 'Congratulations' bit they used as a closer was straight bullshit tho :rofl:

prefer End of Evangelion as a finishing portion to the series,
but there is a level of...not relatability, but something akin to it with the actual episodes

as an aside, am not really big on the postulate that episodes 25 and 26 are taking place in Shinji's mind during the middle portion of End of Evangelion

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: Attended my first convention this weekend [Re: Tantrika]
    #25333914 - 07/18/18 03:36 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

to me it meant that everyone died, but it was really that they ran out of money or something

InvisibleSARAtonin
Violent Dreams
Female User Gallery

Loc: Deutschland
Re: Attended my first convention this weekend [Re: AcidAstronaut]
    #25333965 - 07/18/18 03:56 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

TBH I've only watched the last episode once because like I said it pissed me off seeing how they ended it here compared to end of Evangelion.
I completely forgot about that scene until you posted those gift.
Pretty much all I remembered about the last episode is the congratulations scene and how stupid I thought it was. :lol:

I'm curious exactly what you mean by an element of not relatability?

And really? The fact that the two might be taking place at the same time was actually something that gave the last episodes some credence for me.

As my own aside, have you guys seen the directors cut if Episode 22: Don't Be (The Asuka backstory one) because its fucking phenomenal compared to the normal episode.
It's a completely different episode and gives you SO MUCH more insight into Asuka as a character. 

Quote:

AcidAstronaut said:
This was pretty funny.
http://shinjismind.ytmnd.com/

That's great. :lol:

--------------------
“The problem with the Bourgeoisie is that they’re not relatable. They can not read the room and it isn’t a good look. This should have stayed in the drafts. #tonedeaf” - Karl Marx

Want to join a cult? Click for details…

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Lashed to the pyre
    #25334014 - 07/18/18 04:30 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

SARAtonin said:
TBH I've only watched the last episode once because like I said it pissed me off seeing how they ended it here compared to end of Evangelion.
I completely forgot about that scene until you posted those gift.
Pretty much all I remembered about the last episode is the congratulations scene and how stupid I thought it was. :lol:

The incompletely drawn portion was right before his alternate reality thing (which also periodically uses incomplete art)
do not think it was even really an originally intended part of the episode, but instead got shoehorned in as it was cheap (ie: not complete animation)
but it ended up having some deep implications for me in terms of how limitations exist in the real world

sort of an 'existence of gravity provides the possibility of jumping; a defined ground gives a plane to traverse which facilitates translocation'

also got a laugh the first time watching the dub of the series specifically
when Rei refers to Asuka's desire to ride Shinji's "bologna pony"

Quote:

SARAtonin said:
I'm curious exactly what you mean by an element of not relatability?

was referring to limitations of language
the proper terminology for how the episodes impact me is not quite that it is 'relatable';
but that is about the closest description available to me to express it

Shinji is such a frustrating/totally lacking growth character in the normal episode run that it is probably not feasible that a functional human could relate to the character :lol:

Quote:

SARAtonin said:
And really? The fact that the two might be taking place at the same time was actually something that gave the last episodes some credence for me.

it does make the episodes make more sense and have a sort of actual place in the series
but really do not think they were written and produced with that sort of link in mind
genuinely feel that it was just the team squeezing out something with what they had left of budget, rather than it having that sort of real depth to it
End of Evangelion is clearly how the series is supposed to wrap up, but it was simply not viable for them to pull it off on the tv run

Quote:

SARAtonin said:
As my own aside, have you guys seen the directors cut if Episode 22: Don't Be (The Asuka backstory one) because its fucking phenomenal compared to the normal episode.
It's a completely different episode and gives you SO MUCH more insight into Asuka as a character. 

Asuka as a little girl was the only time the series actually made me cry
=x

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
    #25334035 - 07/18/18 04:49 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

SARAtonin said:
Sailor Moon > DBZ

Fite me

:whattefuck2:

I do love Salior Moon, but Dragon Ball is da Bomb (Spirit Bomb :wink:)

Cool pics AcidAstronaut. Im jelly :yesnod:

--------------------
"What you must understand is that your physical dimension affects everyone in the higher dimensions as well. All things are interconnected. All things are One. Therefore, if one dimension is broken or out of balance, then all other dimensions will experience repercussions." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:| Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. Welcome to the Next Great Era of Earth 🌎🌍🌏                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | 💧 Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method 💧 | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract