Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
I.D request: 99% sure cubes. Need second opinion!
    #25118791 -

Habitat:
Where does it grow?: Cattle pasture / grassland, Texas, USA, within ~100 mile radius of Houston, altitude ~100'. Found growing upright, without interference, on a disintegrated cow patty.

Gills:
Color: Matte cardboard grey, hint of tan.

Stem:
Length:2-3" diameter: 1/4" color:Beige?, texture:Shinny. Stem has a black skirt. Stem felt hollow when I pinched it below the skirt but it doesn't look hollow.

Cap:
Diameter: Large one is 2.5-3" depending on line of measure. color: aged tan, fairly light. texture:Smooth, convex, small cap is more flat with convex dimple.

Spore print color: In progress.

Bruising:
Color that the mushroom bruises: Initially a hue of green, then it looked dark grey, still seems like it has hues of green but its almost in-perceivable.

Scent of the mushroom: Smells, uh, funky?

Other Information: Cubes seem to like it when the ground dries out. Found on a disintegrated cow patty. Thought cubes like shit that is 4-6 weeks old?


I saw unrelated mushrooms growing out of the open dirt and decided to go check again after giving it a days rest. No actives in the first cattle pen, returned to work, then went up to the second cattle pen. I figured it would be more of the same, dried up patties, non-actives, then I walked down my less common path and just when I was thinking more of the same, hiding behind the grass were these two.

I left the shrooms in place and continued my hunt, rather than beat them up while crawling around. I'm also aware of game cameras in the area and I don't think my neighbors would appreciate seeing me with a hand full of shrooms while waving at one of their cameras. Found one of their recreational possessions as well and left that by the camera.

I'm fairly certain that these are cubes but a second opinion is always nice.





Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I.D request: 99% sure cubes. Need second opinion! [Re: A Little Bird]
    #25118860 -

Looks good to me but wait for a TI

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I.D request: 99% sure cubes. Need second opinion! [Re: n0bel]
    #25118863 -

Psilocybe cubensis


--------------------


Psilocybe cubensis data collection thread. please help with this project if you hunt wild cubensis.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=26513593&page=0&vc=1#26513593

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I.D request: 99% sure cubes. Need second opinion! [Re: Doc9151]
    #25118889 -

Thank you <3! Got them in the food dehydrator right now, highest rack, lowest heat. I still need my scale from the post office too, fun has to wait until Monday.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I.D request: 99% sure cubes. Need second opinion! [Re: A Little Bird]
    #25157908 -

Hey guys, I found some like that in a cow field near the Bryan/Hearne area, and asked for an ID request but was given a different identification. Would you guys mind giving me a second opinion? thanks.

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/25144517/page/2


--------------------
I hesitate to cogitate for fear I might deviate from the true path of rectitude; In short: I do not know the answer.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I.D request: 99% sure cubes. Need second opinion! [Re: MycoTX]
    #25157927 -

MycoTX said:
Hey guys, I found some like that in a cow field near the Bryan/Hearne area, and asked for an ID request but was given a different identification. Would you guys mind giving me a second opinion? thanks.

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/25144517/page/2



Sorry but they are still not P. cubensis. Check the tobacco brown color of the gills, versus what would be
purplish dark to black in P. cubensis. I suggest Agrocybe sp.

http://www.mushroomexpert.com/agrocybe.html

Although group shots like many of yours can make it difficult to see important details, I think they still reveal enough detail
to say there aren't any Psilocybe species among them.


--------------------


★★★★★

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I.D request: 99% sure cubes. Need second opinion! [Re: Anglerfish]
    #25158951 -

Quote:
Sorry but they are still not P. cubensis


Ok, I appreciate it. Trying to teach myself the craft and I learn well by doing, so the second opinions definitely help. Hopefully will make my first find soon! Have a happy season guys!


--------------------
I hesitate to cogitate for fear I might deviate from the true path of rectitude; In short: I do not know the answer.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I.D request: 99% sure cubes. Need second opinion! [Re: MycoTX]
    #25159027 -

would be shocked if these weren't psilocybe cubensis. i find they smell a lil waxy.


--------------------
Mycology hobbyist. When I die bury me with mycelium.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I.D request: 99% sure cubes. Need second opinion! [Re: mycolicious]
    #25159229 -

mycolicious said:
would be shocked if these weren't psilocybe cubensis. i find they smell a lil waxy.



Please note that my previous post was directed at MycoTX find in the following thread:
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/25144517/page/2

Not a response to OP.


--------------------


★★★★★

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I.D request: 99% sure cubes. Need second opinion! [Re: Anglerfish]
    #25159394 -

mine was in response to the OP. i didn't want to say yes definitely they are cubes which is what i really think.


--------------------
Mycology hobbyist. When I die bury me with mycelium.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Before you post an ID request, please read this! AnnoA 4,780 1 11/07/03 09:11 AM
by canid
* Identification request
( 1 2 all )
Mrctr 5,006 24 09/30/17 08:56 AM
by Trancedd
* Need ID for possible cubes phreakinb 1,757 15 06/25/04 10:35 PM
by wandrnshaman
* id request blaze2 4,478 14 02/15/03 01:09 AM
by Anonymous
* I think i got a cube?!? but not sure LSUgirl 1,428 8 06/09/04 02:58 AM
by mycoguy
* [QLD Aus] ID Request Mannequin 210 2 04/23/18 07:35 AM
by Anglerfish
* Possible Cubes?
( 1 2 all )
kevinb70 4,361 23 07/25/05 04:12 PM
by BetaDelta
* still searching for cubes in Texas (SUCCESS) cheesenoonions 1,766 13 12/10/02 07:09 PM
by cheesenoonions

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
575 topic views. 3 members, 51 guests and 108 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 14 queries.