Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Need help identifying
    #25123834 -

I'm not sure what I've got here. The first looks like a magic mushroom. The second one looks similar to a magic mushroom, but I'm not sure and I have no idea what the third one even is. I didn't have time to take the proper pictures for the first one sadly. I had to put distance between myself and some wild hogs.

These were all picked on the same day. I'm in Texas, in a cow field with no immediate trees at the sites where these were found except for the first one. The high was 61 and the low was 56 F. With about 80% humidity. It rained the day before. Spore prints are not yet complete.







I appreciate anyone taking the time to help me out here. Thanks!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need help identifying [Re: Fieldwalker]
    #25123871 -

First 2 groups of pictures are Psilocybe cubensis.

The last one looks like Panaeolus papilionaceus.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need help identifying [Re: Fieldwalker]
    #25123875 -

First two pics look like p.cubensis
Wait for TI though

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need help identifying [Re: Pluviophile]
    #25123917 -

Pluviophile said:
First 2 groups of pictures are Psilocybe cubensis.

The last one looks like Panaeolus papilionaceus.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need help identifying [Re: doctorghosty]
    #25124049 -

Thanks folks! I didn't expect such quick responses or so many. It would seem Panaeolus papilionaceus is edible... though, not so flavorful. At least, that's what the wiki says. I grew up thinking all the mushrooms around here were deadly poisonous.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need help identifying [Re: Fieldwalker]
    #25124053 -

Welcome to the Shroomery, amigo

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Re: can some one identify these? Lizard King 2,142 10 05/27/00 07:40 AM
by mjshroomer
* Identify, australian mushrooms. PastryChef 2,127 18 07/28/20 09:37 AM
by Doc9151
* Help in Identifying the Attached Photo pkrayna 1,289 7 01/17/06 11:50 AM
by Mitchnast
* Please help identify! melusine 889 6 07/09/08 12:28 AM
by Alan Rockefeller
* Can someone IDENTIFY this mushroom. madpoetalhazred 1,111 5 04/06/06 07:07 PM
by shroominDole
* Need some quick help identifying a gomphus or similar thing. hokemon 642 3 09/17/08 07:44 AM
by Mr. Mushrooms
* Help Identifying please (Sandy/gresham oregon) Fastem 969 2 10/11/04 07:11 PM
by DocPsilocybin
* Help me Identify decadude 2,307 5 01/17/15 12:38 PM
by Lepkaun

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
155 topic views. 2 members, 32 guests and 24 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.