Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleFiery
Sword of Fire
Other User Gallery

Bad Ass Thrift store finds! + Public service anouncement * 2
    #25054976 - 03/10/18 05:50 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

So I've been hitting the thrift stores recently after doing some research on Jewlry and scored some AWESOME finds!

First is a badass 22" Chrysocolla beaded necklace with a 20K gold clasp. Retail value $80+ - price paid $2.59 

Next a vintage 18" Cats eye and sterling silver clasp necklace. Retail $40ish
Price paid $1.99

Next is a 16" light purple amethyst polished chip necklace. Retail $9
Price paid 3.89

These are just the once I scored tonight. But damn, once you get the "eye" for it. There are serious hidden gems.

I've found a ton recently.

I have a suspicions there was some jade out there, but I need to do more research on that and other stones to get a 100% ID before buying.

But HOT damn.

NOW- ON TO THE PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT-

The thrift store is not a got dang playground/day care for you to bring your 4 kids to run around, trash, make messes, and mess with the paying customers.

I swear to goodness it's always the same type of people that do this too. You know who I mean. Let's not go there.

But PLEASE. for the sake of the employees at thrift stores, quit being dick ass parents and letting your kids run around playing with all the toys leaving them for old people to trip over.

/end rant.

So happy with my scores tonight

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePlain
You are the universe
Male User Gallery

Loc: In the moment
Re: Bad Ass Thrift store finds! + Public service anouncement [Re: Fiery]
    #25055008 - 03/10/18 06:09 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

I worked in a thrift store for community service just last week and actually really enjoyed my time there.

I worked in donations so I would just separate everything that was donated to the store all day and let me tell you there are some interesting things that people donate to these thrift shops. It's since changed my perspective on these stores and I actually look forward to having some money to go thrift store shopping. All the DVDs and books that get donated alone is a reason to check out what they got on the shelves but they also get some interesting contraptions in the donations.

I hope your endeavors in flipping that jewelry or whatever you plan on doing with it is worth your while Fiery. Also for your PSA it's true and it's not just children, full grown adults will pick something up walk 5 feet change their mind and put that item back on the shelf in a place it doesn't belong. This makes it difficult on the employees that work there that don't get paid all that much at all have to do a lot more work than is necessary. These thrift shop workers are very busy constantly running around and working their asses off. I would know I did it myself. These shops are not grocery stores where they have a number of employees to put stuff back where it belongs, thrift store employees have to stop what they are doing and fix the store before it turns into even more of a mess then run back to doing what they were doing before the tornadoes run through the store. Some days donations just keep coming and coming to where there is almost nowhere to put all the donations they get.

It's definitely a hell of a job and I out in an application because it was the type of job I am looking for. Constant work so I would stay busy all day making time fly by, and there is ALWAYS something interesting everyday you come across SOMETHING that makes the day worth working.

Just my :twocents:

--------------------
"You are not IN the universe, you ARE the universe, an intrinsic part of it. Ultimately you are not a person, but a focal point where the universe is becoming conscious of itself. What an amazing miracle."

- Eckhart Tolle

“Everybody is ‘you’. Everybody is ‘I’. That’s our name. We all share that.”

- Alan Watts

"Cosmic apotheosis wears off quicker than Salvia"

- Rick Sanchez (voice of Justin Roiland)

InvisibleFiery
Sword of Fire
Other User Gallery

Re: Bad Ass Thrift store finds! + Public service anouncement [Re: Plain] * 1
    #25055035 - 03/10/18 06:21 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Dude! Yes! There are FIVE thrift stores within 2 miles of each other, just 10 minutes from where I stay at.

I swear to goodness it's always an adventure. I have been a regular for yearrssss.. I walk around in $300 pants and shirt and shoes that I got for under $20.

The jewlry I actually plan to wear myself, as I'm working on crystal healing and cleansing etc. So the Chrysocolla find was actually reallllyyyyyy exciting, as some of the beads are chipped, so I know it's infact genuine natural stone.

I'm going to re-string some of the semi precious stones into a combination necklace to enhance the effects.

But yeah. I RARELY everrrrrr buy anything new, because it's just a matter of time until a good used one will show up.

I also buy brass, and copper items if it's at a benificial scrap ratio. Prolly made a few hundred just buying brass candle sticks and selling to scrap yard for a profit in the last few years. .

I just recently got into jewlry though when I decided to do some crystal energy work. Amazing what you'll find if you know how to identify real stones.

:thumbup:

InvisibleFiery
Sword of Fire
Other User Gallery

Re: Bad Ass Thrift store finds! + Public service anouncement [Re: Fiery] * 1
    #25055092 - 03/10/18 07:03 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Well just incase anyone was curious, the necklace I thought was Chrysocolla is actually a

"AZURITE, MALACHITE & CHRYSOCOLLA "

basically, all three stones exist together, and along side. I need to take a picture of this thing.. but for now an article on the stone.

Quote:

These three stones are members of a close-knit family. Dark blue Azurite and light to dark green Malachite are like fraternal twin brothers. Both are basic copper carbonate, having the same chemical composition except for one oxygen molecule. Like fraternal twins, they are closely related but different in personality and appearance. Azurite, when in the earth, can slowly change to malachite, so it is rare to find Azurite without Malachite being present. Stones containing both minerals are often called Azurmalachite. Chrysocolla, a light green/sky blue stone, is a sister to these brothers, being a copper silicate and often occurring in the same stone with them. Turquoise, a copper aluminum phosphate, is a cousin to these three and can frequently be found in the same copper deposit locations.

:cheers:

Invisiblecannabinated
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Outside Flag
    #25055240 - 03/10/18 09:03 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

I go in for old pendletons and designer jeans.

InvisibleFiery
Sword of Fire
Other User Gallery

Re: Bad Ass Thrift store finds! + Public service anouncement [Re: cannabinated]
    #25055246 - 03/10/18 09:09 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

cannabinated said:
I go in for old pendletons and designer jeans.

that's why it's so fun. everyone has their own niche. you get the mainstream crapheads scanning for easy money. But the REAL fun/money is in the hidden knowledge.

I've had numerous offers to "spend time" from older women too(39-47), while browsing the isles. Havn't taken any yet. but I'm considering some that I see often.

it's a community effort too. WIN

Funny you mention that, last saturday the lady in line behind me was showing me the jeans she found and was like I would wear these and held them up to her ass. Soooooo hard to not pop a willy in public.
The rest I asked if she was going to flip she said yeah these are $40 , etc. etc.
But yeah. Tons of fun. and I don't mean creepy at all from my part.

But there ARE a tons of creeps/bad people who frequent these stores. SO just, be smart, and use your intuition.

InvisibleFiery
Sword of Fire
Other User Gallery

#25055250 - 03/10/18 09:11 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

cannabinated said:
I go in for old pendletons

just googled that. ! Hell yeah. 100% wool is straight up amazing. I'm in the market now, too. :lol:

Invisiblecannabinated

#25055284 - 03/10/18 09:34 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Wool will last forever if treated properly

InvisibleFiery
Sword of Fire
Other User Gallery

#25055286 - 03/10/18 09:36 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

well,

plus it will keep you warm even when wet.. it's the best survival clothes known to mankind, for sure.

Invisiblecannabinated

#25055298 - 03/10/18 09:43 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Oh indeed. I dress for comfort, purely. And if you live in the cold you have no time to fuck around.

I also love that wool is itchy so no one buys it. I love cashmere too but it's hard to find in good condition. Plus they always somehow end up with the regular clothes and I watch my favorite clothes die in my arms.

InvisibleFiery
Sword of Fire
Other User Gallery

#25055306 - 03/10/18 09:49 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

I could give two fucks about how I look in public, when I'm off my main clock job. Otherwise. I wear clothes of purpose, not looks. Holes, stains and all.

Proud of it too. . Real people see that too.

Invisiblecannabinated

#25055366 - 03/10/18 11:02 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Sometimes people looks at me like an asshole thinking I spent a bunch of money on my outfit. Most of the time I look like a bum though.

OfflineGreat Scott
Trigger Lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: Control Grid
    #25055487 - 03/11/18 12:45 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Never underestimate a hobo

--------------------
:thumbup: :thumbdown:

Offline5150
phantom
 User Gallery
Re: Bad Ass Thrift store finds! + Public service anouncement [Re: Great Scott]
    #25056803 - 03/11/18 05:42 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

What was that from? Looks like my kinda flick,show

--------------------
"the way of the warrior is the resolute acceptance of death"

Miyamoto Musashi

OfflineGreat Scott
Trigger Lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: Control Grid
Re: Bad Ass Thrift store finds! + Public service anouncement [Re: 5150]
    #25057131 - 03/11/18 08:23 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

John Wick 2

--------------------
:thumbup: :thumbdown:

InvisibleFiery
Sword of Fire
Other User Gallery

Re: Bad Ass Thrift store finds! + Public service anouncement [Re: Great Scott]
    #25057178 - 03/11/18 08:44 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Just got out of Gringo.

Complete trash IMO.. one or two cool scences, and good scenery. The rest is garbage. But I get in for free, so.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom