Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale, Left Coast Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf, Kraken Kratom, Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles   Amazon Balloons, Cracker, Nitrous Oxide

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

Asian Stores
    #25053340 - 03/10/18 12:12 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Where I live there are a ton of asian owned quickie mart type deals. Bodegas is what my friend calls them. I call them beer stores without the gas. They sell all kinds of goods from kratom, meth pipes, etc etc. Everything found in a convenience store. Your pops and candies and microwaveable goods.

My issue with dealing with them across the town that i live in is there view on taxes. First off if your going to use a card they will charge you .50 cents every time. Unless over 5.00 but some may vary. Another is I generally buy beer off them. It's 1.39+ tax. In the state of Washington tax is like 9-10% can't remember exactly. It might be 8.9%.

So at one store it's 1.51. At the other it's 1.52. Went in with 1.55 to prepare for variance and at another it's 1.62. Washington state tax is a static thing it's not going anywhere. What's with the variance?

He floated me the 7 cents or whatever. As some will float you some change as they are the closest stores and most are places that the wife and husband work all day every day. 7 days a week for years and years on end. So i'd rather support them than 7/11 which I know will sell me booze whenever. Some of them have cut me off on a bender and I just shrugged. Ok.

--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblecannabinated
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Outside Flag
Re: Asian Stores [Re: Enjoywho] * 7
    #25053383 - 03/10/18 12:29 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

why did u make me reeeead that

Offlineaustothehun

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Dream
Re: Asian Stores [Re: Enjoywho] * 1
    #25053393 - 03/10/18 12:34 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Enjoywho said:
My issue with dealing with them across the town that i live in is there view on taxes. First off if your going to use a card they will charge you .50 cents every time. Unless over 5.00 but some may vary.

A lot of small places do this. It’s annoying but they do it to make up for the fees they get charged.

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

Re: Asian Stores [Re: austothehun]
    #25053395 - 03/10/18 12:40 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Yea exactly I agree with it. They get charged. Large companies can absorb the fees they can't. I'm fine with it.  I get why they do it. But one store i'm a main customer as i go there all the time. I pull money out of my bank to just pay in cash. As that .50 cents adds up as much as i shop there. I purchased a bottle of kratom pills and still added the 50 cents. 20 bucks for about 1.75 ounces.

When I pay cash he'd rather count out .48 cents than float me the 2 pennies. As every time I pay in cash I float them the pennies. I don't want them :lol:

Some are great about floating as they know I will be back. I come into your store and spend money pretty much every day. Here's your nickle.

I'm more or less talking about the variance in price. The price in all 3 stores is 1.39+tax.

Where does that variance come from? Old ass tils or what?

--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

OfflineHellogoodbyedeath
Loc: Flag
Re: Asian Stores [Re: Enjoywho]
    #25053425 - 03/10/18 12:59 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

cannabinated said:

I second this

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

Re: Asian Stores [Re: Hellogoodbyedeath]
    #25053441 - 03/10/18 01:25 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Bleh no wonder I haven't been on this site in quite some time. I'm wondering about the variance in tax in small (insert whoever owns the bodegas around you) Variances. The price is the same. Yet the tax is calculated different on there crappy old school tils. Are they trying to grift ya. Who knows.

--------------------

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
    #25053616 - 03/10/18 04:59 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Washington state has the most complicated sales tax system I've ever seen. Every jurisdiction has their own rates.

--------------------
I am a violent pusher of the neo-marxist SJW agenda to destroy society.

Offlinedeucedbi9
Stranger

Loc: UK
Re: Asian Stores [Re: Hellogoodbyedeath]
    #25053648 - 03/10/18 06:00 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Cojo said:
Quote:

cannabinated said:

I second this

So. You seconded a shitpost. Well done sheep-dips. If the OP weren't good enough for ya, you'll find fuk'all here worthy of your time, might as well fuk-off right now ya moorhens.

OP. We don't get sales tax added at the till. The 'labled price' is the price you pay in the UK, and throughout Europe, AFAIK, as it should be, IMO.

My local shops, both ran by Sri-Lankans, charge for card payments less than £5, though they both have free ATM's. One shop charges 20p more for the same beer than the other. The cheaper shop is on a council housing estate, the other's on a private housing estate. Maybe the "private estate" shop pays a higher buisness rate tax, or, their just greedier bastards. :shrug:

--------------------
whether low pressure sucks or high pressure blows...
it's a bugger to cycle in.

even though I'm feeling good
Something tells me I'd better activate my prayer capsule

Edited by deucedbi9 (03/10/18 06:05 AM)

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy | UFOs | 2021
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
    #25053672 - 03/10/18 06:57 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

We got the same stores but they are owned by Indians from India, not Asians.

The fee sucks but seeing a "custom done" convienence store with all sorts of psuedo-lllegal stuff is pretty cool.

Theres one in my town with nitrous crackers called "bottle openers" :lol: And all sorts of crazy looking knifes and torch lighters. Pretty siiiick.

--------------------
"Conscious contains the ideas, the thoughts, the building blocks behind every reality. Sentience, on the other hand, is the creative force that animates reality and experiences all possible emotions and sensations within them. Consciousness creates reality, sentience experiences reality. Together, consciousness and sentience create the totality of Creation." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms | Trippy Gematrix | Dj Teknological at BandLab.com | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || Remember George Floyd (END THE POLICE STATE!) ||                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017:: Aug 19th to 21st :: Pure Paradise. :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:  :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | Water-Bath Cacti Tea:bongload::cacti: 

InvisibleRevok
I Am OTD
 User Gallery
    #25053822 - 03/10/18 09:07 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Enjoywho said:
Bleh no wonder I haven't been on this site in quite some time.

I assumed it was because you have been living the life with your $1.39 beer purchases.

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: Asian Stores [Re: Revok]
    #25054227 - 03/10/18 01:13 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

I assume he just doesn't have the time to post with the obsessive penny counting.

--------------------
I am a violent pusher of the neo-marxist SJW agenda to destroy society.

OfflineTripsurfer
Asante made me rich
Male

Loc: West of Windward Flag
Re: Asian Stores [Re: koods] * 1
    #25054316 - 03/10/18 01:40 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

We have similar stores but they are mostly run by Hindu's

I was in the Canaries around Christmas and they have Chinese stores selling ungodly variaties of cheap stuff. Like I have never before seen stores of limited size with such insane ranges of different merchandise. They sold fucking everything, never closed, had without exception Dragon in the store's name and were super cheap and awesome

--------------------
Ach en wee ben ik de klos, met mijn boog schoot ik een albatros...

A philosopher is a person who knows less and less about more and more, until he knows nothing about everything.

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy | UFOs | 2021
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Re: Asian Stores [Re: Tripsurfer]
    #25054321 - 03/10/18 01:42 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

That sounds badass. Sounds a lot like the open flea markets in Mexico. So much cool fucking shit there.

OfflineTripsurfer
Asante made me rich
Male

Loc: West of Windward Flag
Re: Asian Stores [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #25054454 - 03/10/18 02:42 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------
Ach en wee ben ik de klos, met mijn boog schoot ik een albatros...

A philosopher is a person who knows less and less about more and more, until he knows nothing about everything.

Offline5150
phantom
 User Gallery
Re: Asian Stores [Re: Tripsurfer]
    #25054787 - 03/10/18 05:35 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Most of the small beer stores around here r run by Iraq,s,they all work together and price fix,nasty Ppl in the majority, price of beer goes up every winter I'm here,like 2.25 for a 32 ounce of bud ice,they used to be like 1.25,good beer is like 12 a sixer,cheaper to get whiskey from trader joes

--------------------
"the way of the warrior is the resolute acceptance of death"

Miyamoto Musashi

OfflineOaty
Stranger
Re: Asian Stores [Re: 5150]
    #25054854 - 03/10/18 06:19 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

5150 said:
Most of the small beer stores around here r run by Iraq,s,they all work together and price fix,nasty Ppl in the majority, price of beer goes up every winter I'm here,like 2.25 for a 32 ounce of bud ice,they used to be like 1.25,good beer is like 12 a sixer,cheaper to get whiskey from trader joes

That's inflation not the people, you shouldn't point the finger and hard working communities

OfflineOaty
Stranger
Re: Asian Stores [Re: 5150]
    #25054855 - 03/10/18 06:21 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

5150 said:

Also good business, if your paying without complaint the price is too low

Offline5150
phantom
 User Gallery
Re: Asian Stores [Re: Oaty]
    #25056689 - 03/11/18 06:48 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Nah,their nasty,my buddy served 2 tours in sand land and speaks a little Arabic, says they talk shit about Americans all the time,not even grateful all we do for them and running a convenience store is the easiest job ever

--------------------
"the way of the warrior is the resolute acceptance of death"

Miyamoto Musashi

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

Re: Asian Stores [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #25081082 - 03/21/18 11:39 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

LogicaL Chaos said:
We got the same stores but they are owned by Indians from India, not Asians.

The fee sucks but seeing a "custom done" convienence store with all sorts of psuedo-lllegal stuff is pretty cool.

Theres one in my town with nitrous crackers called "bottle openers" :lol: And all sorts of crazy looking knifes and torch lighters. Pretty siiiick.

Ya same with the ones around here. No whippits though. I buy my kratom from one of them though. Like 2 ounces in capsules for 20$. Little spendy but it's like 17 servings at 4.5 grams a piece so whatever. It's definitely more convenient.

Another one across town is a full on glass shop. It's pretty neat.

And there Koreans here that own the bodegas. I don't mind supporting them over like a 711. All though that .50 cent fee for using your debit card is pretty annoying. Shit adds up over time.

--------------------

Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

Loc: 613 Flag
Re: Asian Stores [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 3
    #25081088 - 03/21/18 11:42 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

LogicaL Chaos said:
Indians from India, not Asians

:kummeli:

--------------------
BAN OP 2021

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale, Left Coast Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf, Kraken Kratom, Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles   Amazon Balloons, Cracker, Nitrous Oxide

Community >> The Pub