Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Re: Nearly 3 weeks off Suboxone, still in withdrawal [Re: PatrickKn]
    #24824330 -

PatrickKn said:
Connoisseur said:
son of a bitch dude get some kratom or lope jesus



I've never been in opioid withdrawal, so this is somewhat uninformed, but wouldn't it be better just to stick it out for the 3 or 4 more weeks ahead to completely kick the habit?



Yea but loperamide will give relief without sacrificing the progress made

Will relieve symptoms in other parts of the body but won't cross the blood brain barrier

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nearly 3 weeks off Suboxone, still in withdrawal [Re: stzacrack]
    #24824873 -

Basically it just helps with the shits, which does help, but there is still alot to contend with and I wouldn't put it in the same category as kratom.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nearly 3 weeks off Suboxone, still in withdrawal [Re: moonrockmushy]
    #24824944 -

Don't fuck with kratom. It's just a dirty drug and you'll end up struggling to figure out ways to jam all that plant material down your throat.


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nearly 3 weeks off Suboxone, still in withdrawal [Re: koods]
    #24824950 -

Honestly it's gross as fuck, and not the best drug, but for me that was a benefit.  It allowed me to function and not get overwhelmed to the point where I snap from anxiety and cravings, but the gross factor motivated me to taper down and get off it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nearly 3 weeks off Suboxone, still in withdrawal [Re: moonrockmushy]
    #24824956 -

Seems like so many users I know end up struggling with a kratom dependency, and like you said, it's not an easy drug to take.


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nearly 3 weeks off Suboxone, still in withdrawal [Re: moonrockmushy]
    #24824965 -

moonrockmushy said:
Basically it just helps with the shits, which does help, but there is still alot to contend with and I wouldn't put it in the same category as kratom.



For me (just my experience) it gave relief from many symptoms from the shits to restless legs to joint aches and muscle pains.

The way I understand it is there are receptors throughout your body that loperamide will hit excluding the brain

This is my subjective experience, but made me feel so much better I actually had a great night's sleep on my 3rd night of withdrawal from heroin, which i never experienced before in withdrawal

I usually only started to get sleep on the 13th - 14th night and that was 3 hours at best and it continued to climb week after week

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nearly 3 weeks off Suboxone, still in withdrawal [Re: koods]
    #24824967 -

koods said:
Don't fuck with kratom. It's just a dirty drug and you'll end up struggling to figure out ways to jam all that plant material down your throat.



Idk bout dirty drug haha but yea dude lotta work to swallow that shit

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nearly 3 weeks off Suboxone, still in withdrawal [Re: stzacrack]
    #24825215 -

stzacrack said:
koods said:
Don't fuck with kratom. It's just a dirty drug and you'll end up struggling to figure out ways to jam all that plant material down your throat.



Idk bout dirty drug haha but yea dude lotta work to swallow that shit



Well for one you can always make a tea, just like with any other medicinal plant :shrug:

I just shake it up in a jar with a bit of water then wash it down with coffee or more water, takes me like a minute to down my normal 1-2g dose.

For people taking ounces+ a day it's different of course, but ideally those people should be tapering down from whatever pills gave them such a high tolerance.


--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nearly 3 weeks off Suboxone, still in withdrawal [Re: Peace of Mind 1]
    #24825285 -

peace of mind 1 said:
This shit sucks, I can't even get out of bed, hardly ever can I eat, I still can't sleep because I'm up all night tossing and turning and kicking my legs, dry heaving, increased heart rate and intense heart palpitations, hot and cold chills... I really just want this shit to end. Nearly 3 weeks of this, even longer when you consider when I switched from dope to subs, and I don't know how much longer I can sit through this hell. The only thing keeping me going is knowing how far I've come but damn, this shit is not easy.

I've heard cold turkey withdrawal off subs can last a long time, typically 3 - 5 weeks without a taper which is unfortunately how I did it. I wonder if this is PAWS or if I still have to deal with those after dealing with this.

Any input, support or advice is welcome, or you can ignore this it's just venting.




You have about 1-2 weeks left, buddy. Dont give up, you're almost there.

You should try to get some benzos. they help so much, but just dont take them more than 4 days in a row. After 4 days take a 3 day break.


--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.


It's just a shot away..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nearly 3 weeks off Suboxone, still in withdrawal [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #24825336 -

Read the OP. He's gotta be squeaky clean or he's gonna get married to a nice guy named Bubba in rikers.

OP should be getting an hour of sweaty exercise every day.


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nearly 3 weeks off Suboxone, still in withdrawal [Re: koods]
    #24825340 -

LMAO you asshole.

But yes, ahem... this is serious.

I really do appreciate all the advice though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nearly 3 weeks off Suboxone, still in withdrawal [Re: koods]
    #24825350 -

koods said:
Seems like so many users I know end up struggling with a kratom dependency, and like you said, it's not an easy drug to take.



Fuck, I'm having flashbacks...projectile vomiting green all over the carpet after trying to choke down multiple grams of the stuff while in wd.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nearly 3 weeks off Suboxone, still in withdrawal [Re: koods]
    #24825367 -

koods said:
Read the OP. He's gotta be squeaky clean or he's gonna get married to a nice guy named Bubba in rikers.

OP should be getting an hour of sweaty exercise every day.




oops. my bad


--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.


It's just a shot away..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nearly 3 weeks off Suboxone, still in withdrawal [Re: Peace of Mind 1]
    #24825825 -

What sucks is how much you read about all these city governments pushing for users to get on a sub program....like it's the silver bullet that will bring them back to a sense of normalcy.

Abstinence programs are not pushed at all any more as a solution...they're all substituting one vice for another. You can find NO peace until you are free from all of that shit.I applaud you OP for sticking this out...just get through another couple weeks and you'll be golden!!


--------------------
Look Deep Into Nature,and Then You Will Understand Everything Better.

Albert Einstein

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nearly 3 weeks off Suboxone, still in withdrawal [Re: Thayendanegea] * 2
    #24829782 -

So I went for my evaluation today, as the court mandated and it actually went surprisingly well. I tested clean for everything including bupe, and I was referred to an outpatient program which will be covered entirely through insurance. They recommended Vivitrol shots for me, I told them I have been doing so well not taking anything and I'm not sure if I want to get on something else, but they said it's ENTIRELY up to me. The only reason I am considering getting the monthly Vivitrol injections is because the woman doing the evaluation said the judge LOVES to see addicts get on Vivitrol because they see it as a means of expressing you are done with opiates, considering it is an antagonist and will block the effects. She said it looks very good in the eyes of the judge because she will see that I am motivated to stay clean, rather than be an addict taking nothing, knowing full well I could actually get high again as opposed to when I was using dope where a 10 bag shot did nothing other than stop withdrawal.

She said every person who she has come across that has been on Vivitrol has been successful. She told me to do my own research on it and decide for myself. There are several factors at play for me, the main one being whether or not Naltrexone is addictive, and if monthly shots will cause a physical dependence that I will just have to detox and withdraw from again after accomplishing all that I already have. At the same, my mind has been on heroin non stop and I don't know if I can do it on my own, most addicts can't, so I think it is best for me to just take it and do the best I can.

The other great news, actually fantastic news, is that this program really aims to get your life back on track and to get you back to being a productive member of society. They said that anything I want to do as far as a career will be paid for. Whether it be trade school, commercial license training or even school is up to me. I can't lie, I was not happy about having to do this but after today I feel so much more hopeful about my future and getting my life back on track.

Just thought I'd share. If anyone has experience with Vivitrol please don't hesitate to let me know.

Edited by Peace of Mind 1 (12/06/17 11:41 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nearly 3 weeks off Suboxone, still in withdrawal [Re: Peace of Mind 1]
    #24829813 -

Do opiate antagonists increase sensitivity to pain and lower seizure threshold? I would expect the drug to block endogenous opioids, so that must have some physiological consequence.

What kind of insurance?


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nearly 3 weeks off Suboxone, still in withdrawal [Re: koods]
    #24829955 -

"Do opiate antagonists increase sensitivity to pain" Yes

"lower seizure threshold?" Maybe, dont think so


"I would expect the drug to block endogenous opioids, so that must have some physiological consequence."

That's an interesting point. One psychological consequence would probably be not being able to drink/get drunk ha

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nearly 3 weeks off Suboxone, still in withdrawal [Re: Mush 4 Brains]
    #24830021 -

Yeah it's also used to treat alcohol abuse.  You can get intoxicated, but supposedly there is no euphoria. 

Another think I read which might be something to consider is it has the possible side effect of liver damage.  I'm not sure how common this is, I imagine not very, but it's something I came across searching for the answer to if it blocks endogenous agonists.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nearly 3 weeks off Suboxone, still in withdrawal [Re: moonrockmushy]
    #24830068 -

Yeah I remember reading about the alcohol thing with Vivitrol.

For me drinking booze, like slamming hard liquor... feels extremely close to a nice strong opiate come up. Like no bull, to me it's akin to shooting some h. It hits my pleasure button but oddly enough,only initially and for a short duration (20 mins) And when that rush is done/gone, no matter how much I drink after, it will not return. So I for a while would do psychotic shit like slam a half pint of whiskey in one go and ride out the buzz. 20 mins of opiate wd relief seemed worth it at the time given the pain.

So I researched and discovered the endogenous opioid activity with alcohol addiction. Pretty interesting stuff, alcohol is one of those drugs that really is a bit like all classes of drugs. Needless to say, I can't fucking drink anymore.

I wonder how the vitriol thing would affect endogenous opioid activity from working out, diminish it maybe?

I think strenuous exercise is something every recovering opiate addict needs. If the vivitrol inhibits the endogenous effects from exercise, that would be pretty chitty.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nearly 3 weeks off Suboxone, still in withdrawal [Re: moonrockmushy]
    #24830204 -

Quote:
You can get intoxicated, but supposedly there is no euphoria. 


...Lol, that sounds like the last 10 yrs. of my drinking.

Congratulations on all the good stuff being thrown at you OP...you earned it! One thing that we sometimes take for granted is the process of decision making.....being able to do it with a sober mind....not all the fog and craziness , withdrawals that you were  going through not too long ago. This is a gift of being sober...make sure to recognize it.:awesomenod:


--------------------
Look Deep Into Nature,and Then You Will Understand Everything Better.

Albert Einstein

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* The Inner Struggle
( 1 2 all )
CherryBomM 3,981 25 03/27/06 08:11 AM
by Gillette
* Comfortably Numb ,on "week long" acid trip CaptainH13 2,474 8 11/24/04 06:08 AM
by kosmic_charlie
* What a week! Jared 934 5 04/21/03 09:15 PM
by YouEnjoyMyself
* Thailand in under 3 weeks! Roger_irrelevant 864 4 10/16/03 07:30 PM
by f8L
* Good Week Coming Up reidy_vancolo 592 3 07/31/04 03:36 PM
by reidy_vancolo
* stoned on a week night!
( 1 2 all )
notapillow 2,120 39 08/25/04 11:46 PM
by Phishgrrl
* Started school this week
( 1 2 all )
Lightningfractal 1,528 20 08/17/04 08:27 PM
by YouEnjoyMyself
* i'm being vegan this week. Anonymous 2,250 17 10/03/03 04:45 PM
by Bhairabas

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,077 topic views. 5 members, 8 guests and 214 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 16 queries.