Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Nearly 3 weeks off Suboxone, still in withdrawal * 1
    #24824029 -

This shit sucks, I can't even get out of bed, hardly ever can I eat, I still can't sleep because I'm up all night tossing and turning and kicking my legs, dry heaving, increased heart rate and intense heart palpitations, hot and cold chills... I really just want this shit to end. Nearly 3 weeks of this, even longer when you consider when I switched from dope to subs, and I don't know how much longer I can sit through this hell. The only thing keeping me going is knowing how far I've come but damn, this shit is not easy.

I've heard cold turkey withdrawal off subs can last a long time, typically 3 - 5 weeks without a taper which is unfortunately how I did it. I wonder if this is PAWS or if I still have to deal with those after dealing with this.

Any input, support or advice is welcome, or you can ignore this it's just venting.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nearly 3 weeks off Suboxone, still in withdrawal [Re: Peace of Mind 1]
    #24824048 -

Yeah man sub WD lasts for a long ass time. Not as bad as methadone, but still longer than most opioids. PAWS lasts a while too....at least a year. You're in for the long haul, but you're on your way. Probably about halfway through the acute WD phase. Don't turn back now.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nearly 3 weeks off Suboxone, still in withdrawal [Re: Peace of Mind 1]
    #24824053 -

Yeah man I know how that can wear on you.  I mean no matter how bad you want off, anyone can break, and I have never gone through anything worse than suboxone withdrawal, just because it is so long and will wear you down.

I tell this to everyone kicking now, so I imagine you've heard it if you've read any of the opiate withdrawal threads, but kratom was a lifesaver to me.  It allowed me to build a life, then when I was ready to stop that I just took a week off and compared to what I had been through it was more or less painless.

It's rough though, what you've done is quite a feat that not many people could manage on their own, and I promise you the end result is worth it so long as you put in the work to build a life when it is time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nearly 3 weeks off Suboxone, still in withdrawal [Re: Peace of Mind 1]
    #24824057 -

unfortunately sleep will never be the same... I'm 4 years off subs and I still get shitty sleep most nights... but give it another week or 2 and youll be pretty much normal... its hard man. every now and then you might get the dope cold chills. I still do for some reason .it sucks..but youll forget about it. but you made it this far no point in going back.. it gets better but it takes awhile..


--------------------
"I need to hold onto some sort of relevance, it's all I have left.All at once I could view the entirety of space. A moment of isolation welcoming paralysis.
Follow the cord which projects and makes the decisions for you
/ Adaptation brought introspection.All comfort has escaped me, remember to breathe in again.

At the edge I exist in, I watch my whole life again" the contortionist

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nearly 3 weeks off Suboxone, still in withdrawal [Re: Peace of Mind 1] * 1
    #24824078 -

shouldn't have fucked around


--------------------
https://discord.gg/NHHd5y2Uyv

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nearly 3 weeks off Suboxone, still in withdrawal [Re: zZZz]
    #24824083 -

Thanks so much guys, it does help hearing from those who've went through it knowing it will get better. As crazy as it is, the 2 felonies hanging over my head are keeping me from using because charges will get dropped if I complete whatever drug program the court decides is best for me. I just want to be myself again and I hope I make it.


zZZz said:
shouldn't have fucked around



Yes, hindsight is always a bitch, thanks for the advice I can do nothing with. Hey, you're right though. I think people who haven't gone through addiction don't understand that you don't use expecting to become a junkie, it's almost like you blink and you're stuck, it's got you, I just think you're comment is a tad bit ignorant. I mean, you use drugs don't you?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nearly 3 weeks off Suboxone, still in withdrawal [Re: moonrockmushy]
    #24824090 -

Oh yes and to address this...

moonrockmushy said:
I tell this to everyone kicking now, so I imagine you've heard it if you've read any of the opiate withdrawal threads, but kratom was a lifesaver to me.  It allowed me to build a life, then when I was ready to stop that I just took a week off and compared to what I had been through it was more or less painless.



Thanks man, I wish I could but I absolutely cannot risk ANYTHING being in my system when drug tested because I was very firmly told I will go to prison. Not just any prison either, I'd be going to Rikers Island, since I'm a NYC resident and was busted in NYC, trust me you don't want to go to Rikers lol. Thank you though dude believe me if I could I would.

Edited by Peace of Mind 1 (12/03/17 04:24 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nearly 3 weeks off Suboxone, still in withdrawal [Re: Peace of Mind 1]
    #24824097 -

its kay ur kay jus member that the only way outta it is to get thru this. if u go back ull jus have start all over and prob worse off :[

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nearly 3 weeks off Suboxone, still in withdrawal [Re: Peace of Mind 1]
    #24824102 -

Been there man. Suboxone is nasty stuff, and the fact that they are so eager to prescribe it is nothing short of disgusting.

When used for a short time after a dope-heavy period of time, and tapered correctly, it can help. But I know several people who have been on it for years, and it seems that it should never be taken for an extended length of time like that.

Worse than dope.

Hang in there and keep your wits about you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nearly 3 weeks off Suboxone, still in withdrawal [Re: RockyRaccoon]
    #24824108 -

The crazy thing is I only stayed on subs for 2 weeks because I couldn't afford the fucking doctor co pays or the medication anymore so I had no choice. However, the doctor had me on what I think was way too high of a dose. He started me on 8mg of Subutex 3 times a day the first week as to not cause precipitated withdrawals, then switched me to straight up subs the same dose, 8mgs 3 times a day. I know bupe has an incredibly long half life and also constantly builds up in your system each time you take it. My assumption is that because I felt fine the first week and a half off subs and felt shitty on the second week, that the subs are rapidly leaving my body and I'm paying for it dearly. You are right, these doctors just want to prescribe it to you having no knowledge of how it works.

Edited by Peace of Mind 1 (12/03/17 04:34 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nearly 3 weeks off Suboxone, still in withdrawal [Re: Peace of Mind 1]
    #24824116 -

Doctors love to push it on people. I was on 32mg a day initially, IIRC. I took less than half of that. That orange taste. It almost makes me sick just thinking about it.

I sincerely hope that things improve for you soon. Willpower. You got this.

Edited by RockyRaccoon (12/03/17 04:40 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nearly 3 weeks off Suboxone, still in withdrawal [Re: RockyRaccoon]
    #24824127 -

I know, same here it's really one of those things that the taste is not only so nasty, but the state you were in when you took it causes it to just sick with you in your mind forever. I also get a VERY unbearably nasty taste in my mouth during withdrawals too. Thank you though man, it really is much appreciated and I'm glad you guys got through it, hopefully I can say I did the same someday.

My dreams even haunt me, I don't get a break. If I CAN sleep, which is rare, I'm having dreams of poking myself with needles, the needles break off the syringes in my skin and I have to like fish the needle out, nasty stuff. Also just in general dreams of shooting up and getting high, and then waking up feeling awful and just wishing I could do it but I just can't. Heroin just constantly taunts me in every way, everywhere I go I have a memory of getting or using dope, so I just can't escape it.

Edited by Peace of Mind 1 (12/03/17 04:46 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nearly 3 weeks off Suboxone, still in withdrawal [Re: Peace of Mind 1]
    #24824132 -

I've been off subs for a long time. I don't sleep very much at all, but it's been like that before I ever did drugs.

Maybe you should consider relocating. It's kind of a cop-out thing to do, but different strokes for different folks. Just don't lose focus.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nearly 3 weeks off Suboxone, still in withdrawal [Re: Peace of Mind 1]
    #24824197 -

I'm not usually the health nut type but during my benzo withdrawal I made a serious effort to eat much better (far more nutrient packed stuff like nuts, greens, fruits, etc) and started trying to get some outdoor exercise/exposure to sun whenever I could. It was kinda miserable at first but it seemed to start getting easier after just days. I had all those symptoms and more. I coudln't do any of that at first, and I started slowly with building my strength back up just with the food at first, but I'd start getting little 30 minute-2 hour windows where I didn't feel like absolute death and I'd push myself to use that time wisely. Actually I think the first "outdoor exercise" I pushed myself to do was mow the yard, which is pretty damn strenuous, it was summer and this is in Texas after all. When I managed to do the whole yard without stopping I decided it was time to buy a bike and I started riding it daily.


--------------------
With my face against the floor I can’t see who knocked me out of the way.
I don’t want to get back up but I have to so it might as well be today.
Nothing appeals to me no one feels like me, I’m too busy being calm to disappear.
I’m in no shape to be alone contrary to the shit that you might hear.


You can't wake up, this is not a dream. You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen. Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nearly 3 weeks off Suboxone, still in withdrawal [Re: RockyRaccoon]
    #24824202 -

Yeah they way overprescribe that shit. When I was on it I got it on the black market, and didn't have much money, so I'd take much lower doses....and even at times when I had a heavy dope habit, didn't need more then 4-8mgs once per 24-30 hours to not just keep me well, but have me feeling great. Meanwhile folks with lesser dope habits than me were getting scripted 32mgs a day! Ridiculous. I weaned myself down when I was on it, but was still sick for a month when I finally came off it.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nearly 3 weeks off Suboxone, still in withdrawal [Re: Dark_Star]
    #24824215 -

everyone i no who takes perscirbed subs gets the crazt over perscribed and sells over half them a month for dope

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nearly 3 weeks off Suboxone, still in withdrawal [Re: CHeifM4sterDiezL]
    #24824216 -

CHeifM4sterDiezL said:
everyone i no who takes perscirbed subs gets the crazt over perscribed and sells over half them a month for dope



So true.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nearly 3 weeks off Suboxone, still in withdrawal [Re: Peace of Mind 1]
    #24824255 -

son of a bitch dude get some kratom or lope jesus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nearly 3 weeks off Suboxone, still in withdrawal [Re: Peace of Mind 1]
    #24824297 -

Imodium helped kicking heroin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nearly 3 weeks off Suboxone, still in withdrawal [Re: Connoisseur] * 1
    #24824309 -

Connoisseur said:
son of a bitch dude get some kratom or lope jesus



I've never been in opioid withdrawal, so this is somewhat uninformed, but wouldn't it be better just to stick it out for the 3 or 4 more weeks ahead to completely kick the habit?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* The Inner Struggle
( 1 2 all )
CherryBomM 3,981 25 03/27/06 08:11 AM
by Gillette
* Comfortably Numb ,on "week long" acid trip CaptainH13 2,474 8 11/24/04 06:08 AM
by kosmic_charlie
* What a week! Jared 934 5 04/21/03 09:15 PM
by YouEnjoyMyself
* Thailand in under 3 weeks! Roger_irrelevant 864 4 10/16/03 07:30 PM
by f8L
* Good Week Coming Up reidy_vancolo 592 3 07/31/04 03:36 PM
by reidy_vancolo
* stoned on a week night!
( 1 2 all )
notapillow 2,120 39 08/25/04 11:46 PM
by Phishgrrl
* Started school this week
( 1 2 all )
Lightningfractal 1,528 20 08/17/04 08:27 PM
by YouEnjoyMyself
* i'm being vegan this week. Anonymous 2,250 17 10/03/03 04:45 PM
by Bhairabas

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,077 topic views. 3 members, 11 guests and 246 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.