Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Cooking chantrelles
    #24344656 -

Any suggestions on how to cook chantrelles I picked about 10 pounds of chantrelles, I have never eaten them but would like to try'em. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.


--------------------


Psilocybe cubensis data collection thread. please help with this project if you hunt wild cubensis.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=26513593&page=0&vc=1#26513593

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cooking chantrelles [Re: Doc9151]
    #24353041 -

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/fresh-chanterelles-with-shallots-237319

1st link that poped up when I've asked google.  Don't mean it to offend you just wanted to check whats there. I have tried this one ages ago. You can replace shallots with onions and add more garlic if yo like. And they don't mention it but a pinch of thyme will help. Thyme is mushrooms herb in my opinion.  And some thick (but not sour) cream like in this one.

http://www.daringgourmet.com/steak-with-creamy-chanterelle-sauce/

I usually serve sauce like this with buckwheat.

Good luck and have a nice meal.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cooking chantrelles [Re: Psynonim]
    #24353599 -

Psinonim, tks for the reply. I looked on google also, I just wanted some recipes someone here has actually tried. I have gotten nothing but good advice from this site.
I ended up cooking them in butter, onions, salt, pepper, bacon, garlic and heavy cream. They were awesomely good, but next time, I will cut back on the bacon, it seemed to overide everything else with the amount I used. I think one thick slice will be enough.
Definitely will try the thyme next time I cook them. I have about 10 pounds dried at the moment.


--------------------


Psilocybe cubensis data collection thread. please help with this project if you hunt wild cubensis.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=26513593&page=0&vc=1#26513593

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cooking chantrelles [Re: Doc9151]
    #24590454 -

Chanterelles are awesome because you can literally cook them in their own juices. We manage to stock up for the winter by just putting them in a nonstick pan and simmering in their own juices until they reabsorb them (300-350f). Then let them cool and toss them in the freezer.
Probably my favorite dish to make with them is scramblers. I start with equal amounts of onion and sweet pepper and then add enough chants to equal that total, all chopped. Starting with a small pad of butter in the non-stick pan at 325f, I saute the lot until they are well seared.
While this is going on, I chop up some cherry tomatoes and spinach to make a bed for the eggs.
Also in a separate bowl, I mix up about 10 eggs with a little milk, adding it to the mix once I'm happy with the sear. Then just scrape and flip around like you would normally make scrambled eggs.
If I'm feeling it, I sometimes like to add a little bit of cheddar cheese on top before I serve it over the bed of spinach and tomatoes.
I usually end up adding a little season mix after all this, a combination of cayenne, garlic, and salt. I've eaten it without it as well. Either way it makes a great lunch after a morning of hunting mushrooms, dodging orbweavers, and battling mosquitoes.


--------------------
Time is mine, minus time.
RIP TP

Great Microscopy Reference

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cooking chantrelles [Re: RiparianRanger]
    #24591418 -

That sounds good, I'll definitely try it.


--------------------


Psilocybe cubensis data collection thread. please help with this project if you hunt wild cubensis.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=26513593&page=0&vc=1#26513593

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cooking chantrelles [Re: Doc9151]
    #24654628 -

butter, salt, pepper in a cast iron skillet

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Chanterelle-Lobster Bisque Hematite 2,029 11 09/05/08 10:28 PM
by Hematite
* my white wine scramble MMMMM! CptnGarden 978 4 06/28/04 03:53 PM
by CptnGarden
* port/chanterelle burger eric_the_redS 796 1 07/11/04 01:15 AM
by CptnGarden
* Garlicky chipotle scrambled eggs fazdazzle 922 2 12/11/07 03:24 PM
by fazdazzle
* Herecium abietis, Matsutake, and Golden Chantrelles. Kevin 1,825 8 10/31/04 08:07 AM
by Corporal Kielbasa
* Post deleted by Administrator Anonymous 623 1 02/09/04 07:02 AM
by
* Top old-school mushroom uses in cooking... Northernsoul 1,510 14 10/19/04 02:34 PM
by gardentoad
* Preparing Chanterelles? snoot 1,038 3 09/28/06 01:33 PM
by snoot

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: trendal, geokills, feevers
1,047 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 6 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.