Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
They bruised blue...
    #2436787 -

Found some shrooms at this smoke spot today while walking home from school. I picked them and hid them in a place where no one should find them. They were sun dried and looked similar to large cyanes. The stems bruised blue and the caps were pretty big--about half the size of a wide open mouth. I'll post pics tomorrow, but does anyone want to make me feel more confident and tell me that when a shroom bruises blue it means it could be hallucinogenic? Lol.

Thanks.

I'm in NorCal btw..


--------------------
LSD Fiend

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: They bruised blue... [Re: doop]
    #2436805 -

read the sticky topic, we need more info.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: They bruised blue... [Re: Rebirtha]
    #2436834 -

^^Yes, I know.. Like I said I will be providing that info tomorrow along with pictures, but what I was trying to ask is if a shroom that is dry bruises blue, does that mean it has a large possibility that it could be edible and hallucinogenic?


--------------------
LSD Fiend

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: They bruised blue... [Re: doop]
    #2436853 -

perhaps if it was dark spored, as in black or purple-brown, had rather dark gills, (not spongy pores) there would be a relitively decent chance,
but i wanna see pics first.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: They bruised blue... [Re: doop]
    #2436894 -

They're mushrooms which bruise blue and are not active.
They're are some mushrooms which bruise a greenish color which could be confused for blue which are poisonous.
So don't think I can make you feel comfortable.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: They bruised blue... [Re: doop]
    #2436920 -

Quote:
doop said:about half the size of a wide open mouth



i hope that doesnt mean you ate them... :crazy:

give us more info, what was it growing on?  pics definitely will help, get those up asap.

please DO NOT eat them until you share with us.


--------------------
"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing.' Between the two, my life flows."


Puget Sound Mycological Society

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: They bruised blue... [Re: Psilygirl]
    #2437322 -

Ive picked Ink Caps before and their stems stained a greenish/blue when I handled them.


--------------------
"Follow the medicine path with an open mind and a clear heart, and you will surely find inner peace and enlightenment."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: They bruised blue... [Re: pfshroomer]
    #2437413 -

i've picked a GILLED bolete which bruised blue before.... some people on here ID'd it as a woodloving psilocybe as well, so beware :smile:

so yea, blue bruising doesn't necessarily mean you've got an active magic mushroom...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: They bruised blue... [Re: jimbu]
    #2437512 -

yes, I've picked quick blue bruising boletes (unedible ) alot of times here too


--------------------
Wheels of cheese wheeels of cheeeeese!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: They bruised blue... [Re: doop]
    #2441520 -

Nope I didn't eat them and I was to lazy to go bag them today since my camera is out of batteries and I am getting 8 dried grams tomorrow so it doesn't really matter much to me. But the gills were dark. One of the main reasons why I probably won't eat them is because when I first saw them I saw a bug come out of one of the stems [yuck]


--------------------
LSD Fiend

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: They bruised blue... [Re: doop]
    #2441527 -

at least now you know that the stems were probably hollow...


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: They bruised blue... [Re: doop]
    #2441552 -

lol most wild mushies have bugs and whatnot in them.... they're harmless.... just chow down on that extra protein! :laugh: or else they die in the drying process

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: They bruised blue... [Re: Merkin]
    #2442212 -

Merkabe said:

Quote:
yes, I've picked quick blue bruising boletes (unedible ) alot of times here too



Hey what is wrong with you?

Why would you pick those mushrooms on several ocassions?

Where too?

Am I missing something here regarding this post?

mj

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: They bruised blue... [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2442260 -

hi mjshroomer,

i think that he meant he has picked them (bluing Boletes) before, but not eaten them...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: They bruised blue... [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #2442615 -

GGreatOne234.

HE says a lot of times. Why pick them if you know they are poisonous and not edible.. That makes no sense at all.

mj

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: They bruised blue... [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2442771 -

:smile: I pick them too occassionally, just to watch the bluing effect... I pick all sorts of mushrooms, just to hold them and see if they stain colors, see if they bruise (not just the color blue), see if they are milky, see what the gills look like and, uh, study them and then try to remember what i found and later look through identification books to see what it was i found... I pick all sorts of mushrooms, not just magic ones....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: They bruised blue... [Re: jimbu]
    #2444319 -

jimbu said:
i've picked a GILLED bolete which bruised blue before.... some people on here ID'd it as a woodloving psilocybe as well, so beware :smile:

so yea, blue bruising doesn't necessarily mean you've got an active magic mushroom...



yea I found those a few years ago and thought I discovered a new gymnopilus species until workman IDed them for me.  They're edible though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: They bruised blue... [Re: PsiloSteve]
    #2446298 -

Naw, basically the Boletes that stain blue are all (for safetys sake) considered not to be edible, and most of them are poisonous.
-There are so many similar species of bluing Boletes, a few of them might be edible, but they are too hard to identify down to exact species with complete certainty. So, no-eats.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: They bruised blue... [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #2447530 -

Well, the gilled bolete  phylloporus rhodoxanthus does bruise blue, and is edible...
and there are other bluing boletes that can be eaten, but the general consensus is that there are better things to eat...
:crazy2:


--------------------
You do not know me.

You can't see me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Re: attn mattso, mjshroomer help me id these shrooms Psylosymon 3,535 11 04/05/00 08:35 AM
by mjshroomer
* I see Panaeolina foenisecii and Blue Ringers Today-Tuesday mjshroomer 2,732 6 10/01/03 09:04 PM
by MagmaManiac
* Attn: Blue Meanie, Abs, for Chang and Mills P. subaeruginosa mjshroomer 1,233 4 09/06/03 08:38 AM
by Zen Peddler
* Mjshroomer & Mycoguy's Great Saturday Shroom Adventure: 1 mjshroomer 1,774 18 06/01/04 03:08 AM
by Kojo
* Re: to eat or not to eat this blue meanie, check the photo please Anonymous 4,754 8 05/08/00 11:40 PM
by Anonymous
* Found Evidence Contrary To What Mjshroomer Says Frank_N_Furter 1,321 3 07/21/02 04:15 AM
by mjshroomer
* Re: A few Blue Ringers (Picture) Psylosymon 2,979 9 07/23/00 10:01 AM
by GGreatOne234
* Mushrooms that bruise blue and aren't active... ToxicManM 23,223 18 05/14/17 01:55 AM
by Alan Rockefeller

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
2,207 topic views. 0 members, 49 guests and 65 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.