Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Nationwide poll of Iraqis
    #2439338 - 03/16/04 12:53 PM (20 years, 17 days ago)

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Nationwide poll of Iraqis [Re: Phred]
    #2439588 - 03/16/04 01:56 PM (20 years, 17 days ago)

Asshole Imus and Joe Biden thought 57% was too low and indicated failure. They also thought it meant 43% thought it was worse. As if "the same" wasn't an option. I hate retards .

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #2439918 - 03/16/04 03:03 PM (20 years, 17 days ago)

Not much surprise there. How could it not be better.

There's most likely a lot-o-tears in libbie land over this.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
Re: Nationwide poll of Iraqis [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2439930 - 03/16/04 03:06 PM (20 years, 17 days ago)

I dont understand why you think there would be tears in libbie land??

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Nationwide poll of Iraqis [Re: GazzBut]
    #2439995 - 03/16/04 03:24 PM (20 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

GazzBut said:
I dont understand why you think there would be tears in libbie land??

Really? While I suspect you're pulling my chain......

Had things gotten worse the libbies could then have said... "I told you so".

This makes that all the more difficult for them to do so. Although that won't stop some of them.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #2440006 - 03/16/04 03:29 PM (20 years, 17 days ago)

That is good news! Those people have suffered enough...I hope the extremist insurgency dies down as well.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #2440098 - 03/16/04 03:55 PM (20 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:

I think that anyone who would prefer more suffering rather than less is not worthy of the title "liberal."

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Invisibleblacksabbathrulz
 User Gallery
Re: Nationwide poll of Iraqis [Re: silversoul7]
    #2440115 - 03/16/04 04:03 PM (20 years, 17 days ago)

Then why were liberals against the war, it helped far more people than it hurt.

--------------------

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

#2440124 - 03/16/04 04:06 PM (20 years, 17 days ago)

I cant speak for all "libbies" but I said all along that a pleasant side effect of the war in iraq would be that the Iraqi's may end up better off..

Are you pretending that was the reason Blair and Bush wanted to go to war in the first place?

I dont think we should let the improvement in the lives of the iraqi's distract our attention from the fact that our leaders are either incompetent or worse, but more likely, outright liars.

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: Nationwide poll of Iraqis [Re: blacksabbathrulz]
    #2440132 - 03/16/04 04:10 PM (20 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

blacksabbathrulz said:
Then why were liberals against the war, it helped far more people than it hurt.

That's debatable. And some might believe that it is wrong of us to initiate violence against others, regardless of the outcome.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#2440157 - 03/16/04 04:23 PM (20 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

silversoul7 said:
Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:

I think that anyone who would prefer more suffering rather than less is not worthy of the title "liberal."

Yet, that's what they are called.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#2440165 - 03/16/04 04:27 PM (20 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

I cant speak for all "libbies" but I said all along that a pleasant side effect of the war in iraq would be that the Iraqi's may end up better off..

Which is why I avoided the use of the word "all".

Quote:

Are you pretending that was the reason Blair and Bush wanted to go to war in the first place?

Not at all. Are you pretending there was one and only one reason? Are you pretending that, oh... perhaps maybe one of your countrymen wouldn't rather the opposite result had arisen from that poll?

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#2440172 - 03/16/04 04:28 PM (20 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

That's debatable.

Your definition of debatable seems..... odd.

--------------------

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #2440173 - 03/16/04 04:28 PM (20 years, 17 days ago)

Well I hope they enjoy what we've done for them.

We've spent billions, lost soldiers lives, lost the respect of many countries, made the UN look powerless, divided our citizens and made Americans less likely to back the government if we have to go to war against an actual threat.  :nonono:

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#2440198 - 03/16/04 04:39 PM (20 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
Quote:

That's debatable.

Your definition of debatable seems..... odd.

As does your idea of "best of bad choices."

--------------------

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

#2442040 - 03/17/04 03:43 AM (20 years, 16 days ago)

Im not pretending anything. But while you find it amusing there will be tears in libbie land I find it equally amusing that some on the other side of the equation think this somehow justifies the lying and incompetence that took us to war..or lets get real, the plain greed for all that cheap Iraqi oil.

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#2442052 - 03/17/04 04:07 AM (20 years, 16 days ago)

Well, as long as we're both amused by something.

--------------------

OfflineEchoVortex
(hard) member
    #2442282 - 03/17/04 07:02 AM (20 years, 16 days ago)

I have no doubt that a majority of Iraqis are better off now than they were under Saddam's regime.  I'm very happy for them.

That of course doesn't address the fact that 10,000 Iraqis died to buy them that better life, yet I suppose if you want to pick up the utilitarian line of argument the death of 10,000 may just be balanced out by the increased well-being of millions.  But then again you seem to have nothing but contempt for utilitarianism, so I'm not sure where exactly you're going with this.

One thing to keep in mind: the war in Iraq is going to wind up costing at least $200 Billion.  The World Bank has estimated that providing clean water to the 1.1 billion people in the world who don't have access to it would cost $165 billion.  That would be a measure that would save tens of thousands of lives and improve the quality of life for over a billion people, at a substantial savings over the Iraq war.

Because that's what the war in Iraq was all about, right?  Helping people. :lol:

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: Nationwide poll of Iraqis [Re: EchoVortex]
    #2442769 - 03/17/04 09:52 AM (20 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

EchoVortex said:
Because that's what the war in Iraq was all about, right? Helping people.

Ah, actually it's about helping well connected people.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Invisibleblacksabbathrulz
 User Gallery
Re: Nationwide poll of Iraqis [Re: EchoVortex]
    #2442781 - 03/17/04 10:00 AM (20 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

EchoVortex said:
I have no doubt that a majority of Iraqis are better off now than they were under Saddam's regime.  I'm very happy for them.

That of course doesn't address the fact that 10,000 Iraqis died to buy them that better life, yet I suppose if you want to pick up the utilitarian line of argument the death of 10,000 may just be balanced out by the increased well-being of millions.  But then again you seem to have nothing but contempt for utilitarianism, so I'm not sure where exactly you're going with this.

One thing to keep in mind: the war in Iraq is going to wind up costing at least $200 Billion.  The World Bank has estimated that providing clean water to the 1.1 billion people in the world who don't have access to it would cost $165 billion.  That would be a measure that would save tens of thousands of lives and improve the quality of life for over a billion people, at a substantial savings over the Iraq war.

Because that's what the war in Iraq was all about, right?  Helping people. :lol:

How about the thousands of people that saddam would have surely killed. He has killed far more than 10,000 people in the past. Yeah 10,000 died, but how many more were saved by his being removed from power?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom