Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Mycobags

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
some pre-planning questions...
    #2433937 - 03/15/04 08:12 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Hey everyone... well I've been a frequenter of the shroomery for the last month or so, and after giving it lots of thought, I've decided that this upcoming summer I want to try my hand at some cultivation. I've previously gone hunting the wild (I happen to live near fields covered with liberty caps), but don't like the fact that the season is so short (it rains very much here and so after a few days of rain the mushies all tend to get a bit rotten). So, I just wanted to pop off a few questions while I mentally prepare my growing plan. Let me first say that I've checked the laws out thoroughly, and as long as I don't dry the mushrooms I've grown, they are perfectly legal.

My most basic question is regarding these "mycobags." They seem like a really easy way to get a nice crop, but isn't the fun of the mycology hobby lost in using one of these easy kits? Is it really so difficult to avoid contams and get a nice crop by using the PF Tek, for example? I'm certainly not thinking of growing for profit, but for fun and hopefully to see some result, so I'm shying away from one of these easy kits. Would this be recommended to a first-time grower?

Secondly, what about strain choices? I've read that cubes are the easiest and most simple to grow for a first-timer, and have pretty much decided to start there. I've also read that there isn't really such a difference in the different strains, just in the way that they look, perhaps in the speed or size of the growth, and so forth. Are there any certain strains that are "easier" to grow? I've heard a lot about EQs and Amazons... but just not sure what to grow.

Thirdly, caking vs casing? I've read about both techniques, but am still a bit confused. Why would somebody choose casing over caking, or vice versa? Is the risk of contamination much greater with casing?

And finally, regarding tek - is the PF tek the easiest and best for a first-time grower to use, or are there any other teks that you might recommend?

Thanks for any advice... I'll be sure and keep a complete picture log when I finally get down to growing!

:gd_icon: Krishna :gd_icon:

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Re: some pre-planning questions... [Re: Krishna]
    #2433954 - 03/15/04 08:31 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

pf tek is the simplest
but casings are a higher risk of contamination but not by much and give you a much better yield.
EQ's are "the begginer strain"
dont ask me why thats just what everyone say's
after a few grows change up strains and find the one you like the most.
Trust me its all easy as long as you follow the guid lines and dont do any short cuts

InvisibleLoki
fluid druid
 User Gallery

Loc: Zone ate
    #2433956 - 03/15/04 08:34 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Good luck.

1) I reccomend the pf tec first time out.
Its easy to do, and source all you needto do it.
And it gives you a good grounding in mushroom cultivation.

2) Any cubensis strain you like the name of :grin:
For me, my favourite is golden teacher.

3) Casings produce more than cakes alone.

4) Annos simplifyed pf tec is what i first used, and
I found it to work just about right for my first attempt.

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Re: some pre-planning questions... [Re: Loki]
    #2433961 - 03/15/04 08:39 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for the input guys! I'll keep reading up, figure out exactly what I want to do, and post results once I get moving on it. Probably wait until June when I move, because Norway is shit expensive compared to Denmark, where I'm moving to... anyhow, any other advice is welcomed. Shroomery rocks! If it wasn't for this place, I'd have to rely on my friends for answers... and they're nothing but a bunch of stoners!

--------------------

Anonymous

#2433964 - 03/15/04 08:41 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

and what are we? LOL :tongue:

InvisibleLoki
fluid druid
 User Gallery

Loc: Zone ate
Re: some pre-planning questions... [Re: fee]
    #2433967 - 03/15/04 08:42 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

:stoned:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Mycobags

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation