Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery
Trusted Identifier
Re: i have an idea... [Re: suchen]
    #16172588 - 05/02/12 06:05 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

suchen said:
It really deserves its own devoted website or something.

I can provide free web hosting which is very fast and has unlimited bandwidth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblebloodworm
cube con·nois·seur
Male User Gallery

Loc: 352
Re: i have an idea... [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #16172616 - 05/02/12 06:12 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Alan Rockefeller said:
Quote:

suchen said:
It really deserves its own devoted website or something.

I can provide free web hosting which is very fast and has unlimited bandwidth.

very cool.
let's do it.

:awedance:

:aliendance:
peace and love
bloodworm

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery
Trusted Identifier
Re: i have an idea... [Re: bloodworm]
    #16172673 - 05/02/12 06:21 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

bloodworm said:
very cool.
let's do it.

Send me the HTML/whole webroot.

You can register a domain or use plantobserver.org.

If you register a domain point it to the plantobserver.org IP address and I'll get the apache config set up.

I can also give you a shell account so you can rsync your local webroot with the production web server any time you want.

Invisiblebloodworm
cube con·nois·seur
Male User Gallery

#16172682 - 05/02/12 06:23 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

are we going to pick just one or should we have multiple observations/descriptions?

peace and love
bloodworm

Invisiblebloodworm
cube con·nois·seur
Male User Gallery

#16172702 - 05/02/12 06:27 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

i'm not very good with html and would need some help.
anyone willing to provide their services?

peace and love
bloodworm

Invisiblemaynardjameskeenan
The white stipes
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 'Merica
Trusted Identifier
    #16174124 - 05/02/12 10:02 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Congratulations on the TI badge bloodworm, you have earned it. :congrats:

--------------------
May you be filled with loving kindness.
May you be well.
May you be peaceful and at ease.
May you be happy.

AMU Q&A

OfflineNeoSporen
Antibiotic cream
Other User Gallery

Loc: Graham, WA
    #16179555 - 05/03/12 11:14 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

bloodworm said:
are we going to pick just one or should we have multiple observations/descriptions?

peace and love
bloodworm

I agree with this, and think it's a great Idea. Wasn't quite sure if anyone was still even thinking about this.:murray:

--------------------
Having lived through an existence close to nature, one accepts the small and simple things as most important in life. Sun, wind, rain and snow. The sounds birds make, smells of fresh wild flowers. Love of all kinds, from friends and family, thy self and our neighbors. Beautiful sunrises to the darkest clouds dancing above in the sky. To forgive, learn, share and express. This is the only thing a man such as myself can ask for. What comes as the result is nothing short of the core of human existence, to truly live free in body and mind.

InvisibleThe Lightning
Mycology Enthusiast
 User Gallery

Re: i have an idea... [Re: NeoSporen]
    #16179671 - 05/03/12 11:38 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Psilocybe pelliculosa

Found in clear cuts, logging roads, and woodchip trails. Could hold potential for LC. Can be found at high and low elevations in the Fall, November to December, in Washington, Southwest Canada, and Oregon.

A good tip: Some collections will bruise blue. Even in collections that do not bruise blue, a rare specimen carefully harvested via wiggling, may have a blue primordia connected to its base. Bluing is difficult to observe sometimes – even when there is bluing. It will be helpful to use a task magnfication lamp to thoroughly look for bluing.

Also rare, but less rare - check for a purple annulus-like ring (annular zone) of spore deposits in freshly harvested specimens.

They’ll grow spaced apart in older clear cuts but within a community, sometimes in clusters of two or three specimens. On woodchip trails and newer clear cuts they can fruit in very abundant clusters, covering a sizable amount of territory.

Spore print is difficult to categorize regarding color. One could go along with trusted mycologists and say it is purple-brown. I will not. Some collections will produce brownish prints in plain sight. By adding 10x magnfication, some hues of purple appear in the otherwise brownish print. Some prints will come out darker and more purple than others. Spore prints can vary in color noticeably from collection to collection.

All specimens, unless they’ve begun drying, will have a separable gelatinous pellicle, which is probably the most helpful and noteworthy identification trait while actually in the field.

The pileus is hygrophanous, almost always umbonate otherwise conical in my experience. Caps form vertical line formation while fresh. The margin of the cap will usually be white and sometimes very dark (almost a purple-black).

Medium brown to light brown gills.

Additional notes:  They will grow nearby Hypholomas, deadly Galerinas, and the rarer Mycena, among other rarities. Specimens can reach as large as 3.5" tall with a 2" wide cap roughly. In larger specimens, upon dehydration, a green-blue bruise can occur at the nipplish area of the pileus.

Invisiblebloodworm
cube con·nois·seur
Male User Gallery

Re: i have an idea... [Re: The Lightning]
    #16179962 - 05/04/12 12:50 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

gsharpnolack said:
Psilocybe pelliculosa

Found in clear cuts, logging roads, and woodchip trails. Could hold potential for LC. Can be found at high and low elevations in the Fall, November to December, in Washington, Southwest Canada, and Oregon.

A good tip: Some collections will bruise blue. Even in collections that do not bruise blue, a rare specimen carefully harvested via wiggling, may have a blue primordia connected to its base. Bluing is difficult to observe sometimes – even when there is bluing. It will be helpful to use a task magnfication lamp to thoroughly look for bluing.

Also rare, but less rare - check for a purple annulus-like ring (annular zone) of spore deposits in freshly harvested specimens.

They’ll grow spaced apart in older clear cuts but within a community, sometimes in clusters of two or three specimens. On woodchip trails and newer clear cuts they can fruit in very abundant clusters, covering a sizable amount of territory.

Spore print is difficult to categorize regarding color. One could go along with trusted mycologists and say it is purple-brown. I will not. Some collections will produce brownish prints in plain sight. By adding 10x magnfication, some hues of purple appear in the otherwise brownish print. Some prints will come out darker and more purple than others. Spore prints can vary in color noticeably from collection to collection.

All specimens, unless they’ve begun drying, will have a separable gelatinous pellicle, which is probably the most helpful and noteworthy identification trait while actually in the field.

The pileus is hygrophanous, almost always umbonate otherwise conical in my experience. Caps form vertical line formation while fresh. The margin of the cap will usually be white and sometimes very dark (almost a purple-black).

Medium brown to light brown gills.

Additional notes:  They will grow nearby Hypholomas, deadly Galerinas, and the rarer Mycena, among other rarities. Specimens can reach as large as 3.5" tall with a 2" wide cap roughly. In larger specimens, upon dehydration, a green-blue bruise can occur at the nipplish area of the pileus.

nice. good start! :super:
anyone have any microscopy (or anything else to add) for this species??

peace and love
bloodworm

InvisibleThe Lightning
Mycology Enthusiast
 User Gallery

#16222680 - 05/13/12 01:05 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

anyone have any microscopy (or anything else to add)

I will re-do the microscopy this Fall, nature-willing. I will have an asterisk next to the description for pleurocystidia so that everyone's in solidarity. I'd still like to see a couple other Shroomery descriptions from other hunters who have found them.

Oh, I almost forgot....Is anyone else gonna post a description in this thread or just me?

:mushdance:

OfflineNeoSporen
Antibiotic cream
Other User Gallery

Loc: Graham, WA
Re: i have an idea... [Re: The Lightning]
    #16222701 - 05/13/12 01:15 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I kinda forgot about this thread for some reason. I have some things to add for stuntzii, baeocystis, psilocybe cyanescens, azurescens, and cyanofibrillosa. I'm actually digging through an old hard drive at the moment, so I will probably come across some notes & pictures. Otherwise, I will have to work with what is available, and the pictures I have.

Will start working on it tomorrow morning.  :goodmorning:

--------------------
Having lived through an existence close to nature, one accepts the small and simple things as most important in life. Sun, wind, rain and snow. The sounds birds make, smells of fresh wild flowers. Love of all kinds, from friends and family, thy self and our neighbors. Beautiful sunrises to the darkest clouds dancing above in the sky. To forgive, learn, share and express. This is the only thing a man such as myself can ask for. What comes as the result is nothing short of the core of human existence, to truly live free in body and mind.

Offlineando2636
stoned explorer
Male User Gallery

Loc: tasmania
Re: *The Official Shroomery Active Species Guide* [Re: bloodworm]
    #24303686 - 05/08/17 12:54 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Hi all sorry to dig up an old thread but have a couple pics it would be awesome if someone could tell me if there active or not, thanks heapshttps://files.shroomery.org/files/17-19/422624157-IMAG0315.jpg][/url]http://files.shroomery.org/files/17-19/422623437-IMAG0314.jpg][/url]

Offlinevelho
 User Gallery

Loc: Finland Flag
Re: *The Official Shroomery Active Species Guide* [Re: ando2636]
    #24303813 - 05/08/17 03:01 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

You should make a new ID request for these, ando2636. Also you should clean up carefully the bases of the stipes and take a couple of photos. A spore print would be helpful too.

They look like Pholiotina cyanopus to me and I think I see a hint of blue in one mushroom on that second photo you're holding them. If they are P. cyanopus, they are active but do not eat any before we can see the base of the stem. Conocybes/Pholiotinas are a dangerous genus, containing also very toxic species. You found these in Tasmania? Could also be a Psathyrella of some sort tho. I really recommend doing a proper ID request.

A tip for picking these up as they're very fragile, press down the substrate around the mushroom gently with your fingers and then carefully try to pick it up so you don't lose the possibly blueing base of the stem. :thumbup:

Edited by velho (05/08/17 06:26 AM)

Offlineando2636
stoned explorer
Male User Gallery

Loc: tasmania
Re: *The Official Shroomery Active Species Guide* [Re: velho]
    #24313244 - 05/11/17 11:32 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Hi there thanks for all the advice and yes theses are in Tasmania.

OfflineEliya1565
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: i have an idea... [Re: NeoSporen]
    #27027093 - 11/07/20 03:49 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Are p lateritia active? What is the dosage? Or %active ingredients?

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery
Trusted Identifier
Re: i have an idea... [Re: Eliya1565]
    #27027579 - 11/07/20 08:43 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Eliya1565 said:
Are p lateritia active? What is the dosage? Or %active ingredients?

Very unlikely.  It was moved to Psilocybe in 1948, and is probably a Deconica or Psathyrella.  There's no sequence data in Genbank so I can't be sure.  It's described from Jamaica so someone should go there and recollect.

There are two Psilocybe lateritia's, one is a synonym of Hypholoma fasciculare.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract